2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Anyone more knowledgeable know roughly how much longer the cycling will take? Want to see the kayak cross

Isn't their consensus now that Phelps medals were down to his suit or did I read that wrong.

Saw him last night on BBC and he looked really fat and was sweating heavily. I just don't understand how ex elite athletes can let themselves go like that. Similar for Matthew Pincent the ex rower. He looks massive.

Saw him last night on BBC and he looked really fat and was sweating heavily. I just don't understand how ex elite athletes can let themselves go like that. Similar for Matthew Pincent the ex rower. He looks massive.

That was Ian Thorpe.

Big shock in the Decathlon - Damien Warner botched the pole vault, failed all three attempts without clearing a height, makes it wide open for everyone else.

Isnt that quite normal? They are used to eating an extreme amount of food.

Isn't their consensus now that Phelps medals were down to his suit or did I read that wrong.
If that's the Lzr suit then pretty much every swimmer at Beijing used them, with a few exceptions.

It made a massive difference to the times but not necessarily to the winners as so many had them. Kind of like super shoes in track and road running a few years ago when everyone just ended up wearing Nike Vaporflies but spray painting them black if they were sponsored by someone else

He's still in great shape now though

I only just read they’re running the surfing competition in fecking Tahiti on the other side of the world :lol:
I'm not an expert at all, but I actually thought the area around Biarritz in Southern France was really good surfing territory.

How is this a sport? Horse just walking around with some toffee nosed bloke riding it.

Dancing horses featured on BBC FFS with top class sport happening all around France

There's 147km left, so around 3 hours.
When I switched on a couple of hours ago the commentator was breathlessly saying 'now under 250km to go!' like it was building to an imminent climax:lol:

When I switched on a couple of hours ago the commentator was breathlessly saying 'now under 250km to go!' like it was building to an imminent climax:lol:

For some reason when you are used to it 3 or 4 hours from the finish isn't far.

This Kayak event is like something you would see on Challenge TV.

Zapata kick off the floor final by raining down fire :cool:

So boring isn't it
Boring and a massive fuxk you to the actual athletes who work their arses off for thousands of hours for individual achievements.
Then we have posh cnuts on dancing horses.

They should be fecked off and have their own arrangements for dancing horse competition.