2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

A late request but it would be nice to know which sport a poster is talking about.

Last edited:
Saw him last night on BBC and he looked really fat and was sweating heavily. I just don't understand how ex elite athletes can let themselves go like that. Similar for Matthew Pincent the ex rower. He looks massive.
I saw one of the great Usain Bolt recently with a beer gut. Was quite impressive to be fair.

This is supposed to be the Neugebauer show, please stop
what happened to Skotheim? Anyways, it's not Rooth is the danger is the estonian, the puerto rican and maybe Victor. How's Neugebaur in the Javelin these days?

what happened to Skotheim? Anyways, it's not Rooth is the danger is the estonian, the puerto rican and maybe Victor. How's Neugebaur in the Javelin these days?
Not that great as far as I know, can only go by what commentators are saying though

S.Korean woman lost :nervous::nervous::nervous: in the bronze medal final. Gold and silver went to the other two....

Biles up next in the vault :drool:

Kayak cross is like the pugil sticks event from Gladiators but while going down white water rapids

She did the Biles. She's getting close to 16 points on this one :lol:

Does the big step back not matter anymore when gymnasts land, it used to be a must have to win these events I’m sure.

Does the big step back not matter anymore when gymnasts land, it used to be a must have to win these events I’m sure.
It does matter. Execution scoring is done by starting from 10 and then subtracting penalties. She got 0.7 points of penalty for that and the landing was part of it.

This second jump too, she'll get above 9 in E and get close to 15 points for it

It does matter. Execution scoring is done by starting from 10 and then subtracting penalties. She got 0.7 points of penalty for that and the landing was part of it.

This second jump too, she'll get above 9 in E and get close to 15 points for it
Ok so she goes for high difficulty to negate any penalty from a hopped landing.

He could retire tomorrow and have an insane palmares. I reckon he'll just go all out for the Tour at that point.
Already won a Vuelta, might try for a Giro as competition should be easier(and it's the second biggest race in the sport). The TdF means having to beat those 2 mutant monsters, he's also one but it's doubtful he'll ever be able to stick with them in the mountains. Would need a 90s type of course, with 100+ kms of flat ITT

So the commentators are saying Remko keeps asking Madouas to take the lead and he keeps saying no…is that considered poor sportsmanship or fine tactics?

Andrade should have gone for a higher D score here...didn't even try for Gold here essentially. The Biles effect

So the commentators are saying Remko keeps asking Madouas to take the lead and he keeps saying no…is that considered poor sportsmanship or fine tactics?

If he had legs and is in a break and there are no team tactics at play it is poor form, but he was clearly buggered, and now dropped.

Nah, he just didn't have it. Remco is a mutant superman

In hindsight it might be a poor decision because it could've been guaranteed silver for France, while they might end up with nothing now. Have to wait and see.

If he had legs and is in a break and there are no team tactics at play it is poor form, but he was clearly buggered, and now dropped.
Ok thanks. Interesting that there’s an assumption of working together in some cases. I like how Remko just told the camera man to back off

I thought that Irish guy put in a great effort. Would be great to see him sneak bronze but I reckon he’s knackered

It's never poor form. Just tactics that might be wrong or right. But if you feel like your chances of getting a medal is better by not leading, there is no obligation to lead.

In hindsight it might be a poor decision because it could've been guaranteed silver for France, while they might end up with nothing now. Have to wait and see.
How so? They could have worked together to set a faster pace and seal the top 2?

The tactics to this are alien to me, all so fascinating

Cycling is such a great sport, bikes are amazing, feck cars.

Madouas is getting caught here.

How so? They could have worked together to set a faster pace and seal the top 2?

The tactics to this are alien to me, all so fascinating
Not sure if it would've been a faster pace than Remco on his own, but faster than what Madouas is doing now. So yeah, could've kept the gap to the rest larger.