2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Titmus unbeatable in this distance(literally. Hasn't lost since 2019)

Yeah, Ledecky didn’t have it in her. Maybe in the 800m.
I think she just doesn't quite have the legs anymore. Titmus is younger and has so much less miles on her body. I expect her to get beat in the 800 too.

Disgraceful, Olympics should be free to air worldwide

If that’s true then it’s even worse than I thought. It even calls into question whether Olympic sports should continue to get millions in Lottery funding when most people won’t even be able to see the results of that investment. If the new UK government can do anything about this they should. Because this situation stinks.

I agree, it’s a fecking travesty. What makes it worse is that the interface for Discovery+ is shite.

Discovery+ are the the absolute worst as a business too, would love nothing more than to have the Olympics ripped away from them after this year.

I think she just doesn't quite have the legs anymore. Titmus is younger and has so much less miles on her body. I expect her to get beat in the 800 too.
Yes, age catches everyone.

I do, however, expect her to win one gold, in 800m or 1500m.

Yeah, they have a max 250+ hours they can show across the whole games I read.

Means they’re potentially waiting for the popular events.
Imagine being forced to pay a tv licence and then not being able to watch all and any event you want live at the Olympics.

That chinese swimmer with the coat and hoodie was the coolest guy so far in the olympics.

That chinese swimmer with the coat and hoodie was the coolest guy so far in the olympics.
GThIMadWYAEwuzP

And now we win the gold in the 4x100 men.

That’s how you do it against the Australians. Don’t let them have the lead. Maybe Phelps and Ledecky at their peaks could turn it around, but it’s harder for others.

She never was a match for Titmus in the 400m. Titmus hasn't lost a race in that distance in 5 years. She's untouchable, even the best version of Ledecki could not compete with her. Ledecki's true strenght has always been in the longer distances. Should still win the 800 and will win the 1500 comfortably
4 gold in a row for Australia. Incredible achievement.
Not for them, par for the course these days actually

The men's sabre gold match took a weird turn when Ferjani briefly turned into highlander but Oh managed to get the final hit in the end after a scare :lol:

The men's sabre gold match took a weird turn when Ferjani briefly turned into highlander but Oh managed to get the final hit in the end after a scare :lol:

I don’t understand the rules - but some of those VAR calls seemed strange

Sabre(and foil) have right of attack - in case of a simultaneous hit the point goes to the one who attacked first
Ahhh thanks. Is this only for the final point? As watching both them women’s and men’s, it felt like both gained points, until the last one

Ahhh thanks. Is this only for the final point? As watching both them women’s and men’s, it felt like both gained points, until the last one
For every point. Basically if you are judged to have precedence in your attack you get the point. There's a whole set of moves and how they stack wrt precedence but the bottom line is point is awarded to who gains right of way

Epeé is different in that there's no right of way, simultaneous hits will award points to each fencer(also epeé uses the whole body as target, hit are only scored with the point)

Foil has the smallest target - only the bust+head - has right of way and scores only with the point

Sabre has whole upper body as target, has right of way and hits scores with both point and blade

For every point. Basically if you are judged to have precedence in your attack you get the point. There's a whole set of moves and how they stack wrt precedence but the bottom line is point is awarded to who gains right of way

Epeé is different in that there's no right of way, simultaneous hits will award points to each fencer(also epeé uses the whole body as target, hit are only scored with the point)

Foil has the smallest target - only the bust+head - has right of way and scores only with the point

Sabre has whole upper body as target, has right of way and hits scores with both point and blade
Nice explanation. Thanks.
I watched both finals and was a bit confused alright.
Great to see these fringe sports, even if it is only every 4 years.

Thanks for the explanations!

Conservatives have made an Olympic event on social media out of losing their minds about this part of the opening ceremony…

:lol: Ah ffs!
Plus even if it did mock the last supper Painting!, which was painted 1500+ years after the event. Who da fcuk cares if a painting is mocked?