2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

This venue being used for fencing is pretty incredible to be fair. Watching it, not that I understand anything about it. Fun though.

I think rugby sevens has been a great addition to the Olympics, and if it were up to me, there would be five or seven-a-side football instead of the 11-a-side game. And NBA Jam instead of five-a-side basketball

Sevens was superb, and now to the swimming which is such a great Olympic sport, creates a fantastic atmosphere.

Seen a few reports that due to the terms of the BBC's deal they are actually limited in the total hours of live sports they are allowed to show, so it has to be heavily padded with studio chats and pre-recorded content. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Seen a few reports that due to the terms of the BBC's deal they are actually limited in the total hours of live sports they are allowed to show, so it has to be heavily padded with studio chats and pre-recorded content. Does anyone know if this is accurate?
Yeah, they have a max 250+ hours they can show across the whole games I read.

Means they’re potentially waiting for the popular events.

The scenes at the SDF were great. Congratulations to France for the first gold.

Now, Katie Ledecky….

Disgraceful, Olympics should be free to air worldwide

If that’s true then it’s even worse than I thought. It even calls into question whether Olympic sports should continue to get millions in Lottery funding when most people won’t even be able to see the results of that investment. If the new UK government can do anything about this they should. Because this situation stinks.

Starting an Handball competition with France vs Denmark is so strange.