2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

I honestly couldn't tell you what these two chaps have even said. Are we going to have a third one to repeat the same crap.

I honestly couldn't tell you what these two chaps have even said. Are we going to have a third one to repeat the same crap.
There is always stuff like this in Olympics. Speaking in French and English makes it longer, but it’s not anyone’s fault other than the speakers.

Now, Macron!

I muted him but it's a bit aggravating that his lips are still moving.

One thing in London's favor is that they didn't have the same rubbish repeated in multiple languages

I mean, do you have an actual argument, or just childish emojis and tedious anglophobia? This French opening ceremony literally had a song by a British artist, sung in English. British musicians regularly top the charts around the world. British actors, filmmakers, athletes, etc are among the most popular on the planet. These are objective facts.
I was taking the piss, Yeesh. If you want to get into it you could argue that British music and people are only still so popular because English is the worlds dominant language because your former empire tyrannically ruled the half the planet at one point and make everyone speak your language but yes, British music has historically been the best. I’ll never forgive you for ed Sheeran or Coldplay though.

I genuinely don’t think the 2012 ceremony was great though? But few are. I remember Sydney and Beijing were good.

I remember back in the day when I started watching this opening ceremony...I was so young and full of hopes and dreams. And I look back at my life, now on my old age, with death banging on the door, and it feels like it was all gone in one unending speech by some stupid french windbag who just wouldn't. Stop. Talking.

I was taking the piss, Yeesh. If you want to get into it you could argue that British music and people are only popular because your former empire tyrannically ruled the half the planet at one point and make everyone speak your language but yes, British music has historically been the best. I’ll never forgive you for ed Sheeran or Coldplay though.

Any chance we can blame them for Taylor Swift? Indirectly, like?

I remember back in the day when I started watching this opening ceremony...I was so young and full of hopes and dreams. And I look back at my life, now on my old age, with death banging on the door, and it feels like it was all gone in one unending speech by some stupid french windbag who just wouldn't. Stop. Talking.

:lol:

:lol:

You’re showing the Olympic Spirit.

BEST OPENING CEREMONY EVAAAAAHAHHHHHHHH

I remember 1990 football world cup in Italy opening ceremony that gave me a hard on. Must be a teenage thing.

BEST OPENING CEREMONY EVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR