2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Amber Anning for GB with a PB in both the semis & finals and a new British record. That’s very impressive

Man she slowed down too.... I don't buy the two best women's time being anywhere near legit, so slowing down just a tad likely cost her the third best time by 0.01.

American sprinters messing up the baton change is always a 50/50 proposition in a final.

And I don’t get how that shot putter is allowed to perform masked unless it’s for health purposes.

In wrestling some of the refs have ruined movements by stopping early.

American sprinters messing up the baton change is always a 50/50 proposition in a final.

And I don’t get how that shot putter is allowed to perform masked unless it’s for health purposes.
Why would the mask be a problem?

What was the purpose of the mask? She took it off straight after getting eliminated so hardly covid related.

Hard not to feel like we overdid it with the hype for Adeleke. She looked short of the top athletes this time around. She needs a bit of time to work it all out and as @Massive Spanner said above, she’ll be in her prime at the 2028 games.

Hard not to feel like we overdid it with the hype for Adeleke. She looked short of the top athletes this time around. She needs a bit of time to work it all out and as @Massive Spanner said above, she’ll be in her prime at the 2028 games.
They were saying on RTE she’s never ran a time as fast as the top three which says it all really. Never likely to get a medal. @moses trying to con the lot of us. Some athlete though