2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Not being funny but this has been a shocking olympics from GB.

Ffs GB threw that gold away. Again. Which is so annoying because their changeovers have been perfect for a while. Fecking hell

Darryl though… so close to closing that gap, two poor handovers really.

Hmmm would we have beaten the USA though even with smooth changeovers? They had a bit of a margin

Has GB ever not messed up a relay at an Olympics? There is usually at least one in each Games.
Yeah true. I’ve just never seen so many individual errors across so many disciplines in one games. Shows the fine margins of things to be fair.

One thing that is exciting is that we have a really young team across loads of sports that hopefully means we’ll smash LA.

Were we even in the changeover zone for the last change? Looked very close?

We do have a habit of messing up relays

Yeah true. I’ve just never seen so many individual errors across so many disciplines in one games. Shows the fine margins of things to be fair.

One thing that is exciting is that we have a really young team across loads of sports that hopefully means we’ll smash LA.
One gold and one bronze in the sailing, which got huge funding. That's under-performed.

Equestrian and rowing hit their targets, and cycling was missing favourites through injuries. I do look at Australia and think we could be there with some small improvements.

Gutting, after 2 legs we were miles ahead

We always find a way to blow the Gold medal, changeovers have to be slick when facing the US and typically they weren't. No good doing it in a heat when there's nothing at stake.

Getting DQ’d for change over would be the cherry on the cake at this point.

We always find a way to blow the Gold medal, changeovers have to be slick when facing the US and typically they weren't.
The thing is though, the GB women have been getting really good at their changeovers in the last few years. They’ve been really well drilled. So getting two feck ups in the same race was unexpected this time.

Has GB ever not messed up a relay at an Olympics? There is usually at least one in each Games.
I think it was the 2004 men’s 4 x 100 where we got a surprise win basically because we had such clean handovers

The thing is though, the GB women have been getting really good at their changeovers in the last few years. They’ve been really well drilled. So getting two feck ups in the same race was unexpected this time.

Just had to happen in the games of so nearly

Is KJT going to win that 800m 0.01 second short of nicking gold later or what? :lol: