2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

They wanted to get their monies worth from this horse didn't they. Taking an age this part.

I’m currently unable too watch

how does this compare too London 2012?

1 being 1 million miles away from anything 2012 gave us

10 being on par, utterly outstanding

???

lady gaga and the can can was tragic, really bad first impression.

Really picked up after the sun set and they can use lights better. it was a proper party for a bit there. And I like that It's a bit transgressive.

lady gaga and the can can was tragic, really bad first impression.

Really picked up after the sun set and they can use lights better. it was a proper party for a bit there. And I like that It's a bit transgressive.

That's an understatement we had at least two bearded women.

Anyone else old enough to remember all the doves getting incinerated when the flame was lit at the Olympics in LA? Was mad. Kind of scarred my childhood.

Haha didn't know that, shall be searching the internet now.

That flame arrow lighting Olympics flame was one of the best moments of opening ceremony.

I'm not having it, it's not the same horse.

This sounds like Dark Souls boss fight music. Assassins Creed is going to fight a demon under the Eiffel Tower

I mean, that horse was galloping down the actual river Seine. And now we have the flags being paraded in front of the actual Eiffel Tower. Iconic. So much better than pissing about in a stadium.
You don’t need to add “actual”. It’s in Paris, not Vegas.

They’ve all been just a bit off. A lot of laudable ambition slightly undercut by a “eh, we’ll do it on the day” French attitude
Which is fecking brilliant to be fair