2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

They won’t have to try hard to eclipse this somewhat lacklustre effort.
It’s really grown on me to be honest :lol: once it got a bit darker and the city lit up it got a lot more fun. The half arsed French nature of it sort of adds to the charm too.

Nice of them to play all the classics of our childhood

They won’t have to try hard to eclipse this somewhat lacklustre effort.
All USA need to do is get Taylor Swift to sing a shitty song and everyone will rave how great the opening ceremony was.

I can't really decide if this ceremony has been good or just bold. Which is exactly how I feel about Paris to be fair.

I'm expecting NTM at any moment.

I want on the rave boat :wenger:

I realle made bad life choices

How will USA respond to their opening ceremony after this?
I’d have thought Los Angeles would have plenty of material to utilise from the last 100 years or so of Hollywood, the musical history of California and the wider United States, etc. I expect it will be much more traditional in terms of being mostly in a stadium though.

Wifey can't get over how terribly cringe this is. I can't find a single counter point to disagree for the sake of discussion...

Also, that black guy with a pink hut and a little girl gave me uncomfortable vibes.

Anyone feel that what is happening is really good but it's being captured by the cameras really poorly? Like the cameras don't seem to be in the right place and the angles are all wrong so it looks crap on TV.