2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

India wins the Bronze in field hockey! Sick game!

Spain terrible terrible with these final penalty corners, shocking execution.

India wins the Bronze in field hockey! Sick game!

Spain terrible terrible with these final penalty corners, shocking execution.
Yes!

Bit of a strange Indian team this, excellent in open play but could hardly score any goals. Pretty decent on the penalty corners but even on those, completely reliant on the captain. Great send off for the keeper Sreejesh playing his final game.

Yes!

Bit of a strange Indian team this, excellent in open play but could hardly score any goals. Pretty decent on the penalty corners but even on those, completely reliant on the captain. Great send off for the keeper Sreejesh playing his final game.

not into hockey - wasn't aware Sreejesh was some legend of Indian sport

Good game..

I hope that after these Olympic Games, volleyball, beach volleyball, and track and field (and possibly other sports) will get more attention. We have enough football, basketball, tennis, etc. In the States we also have baseball and hockey (as well as college American football and basketball). Volleyball is a much nicer game.

I hope that after these Olympic Games, volleyball, beach volleyball, and track and field (and possibly other sports) will get more attention. We have enough football, basketball, tennis, etc. In the States we also have baseball and hockey. Volleyball is a much nicer game.
UK basketball needs funding.

It only gets £550,000 a year. That's less than 50p per player.

"In an open letter seen by the Guardian, Grant also questions why basketball receives so little funding compared to sports such as sailing when it is the second most played team sport in the UK after football, with 1.3 million regular participants – 47% of whom are from backgrounds other than white British – and has a women’s team that has broken into the world’s top 20."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...able-position-due-to-lack-of-uk-sport-funding

not into hockey - wasn't aware Sreejesh was some legend of Indian sport

Good game..
Yup!

The final is later tonight, should also be a good game with Netherlands looking to make it a double with their women already winning the gold

Yup!

The final is later tonight, should also be a good game with Netherlands looking to make it a double with their women already winning the gold
They haven't won it yet, women's final is tomorrow but Netherlands are the big favorites.

Volleyball semi final between USA and Brazil women team is great. Into final set.

That didn’t really seem like a close taekwondo bout. Sinden wasn’t attacking at all, the Jordanian was all over him in the last two rounds. I assume the Jordanian is just very good, rather than Sinden being bad.

USA and Brazil women really smashing this.

I remember our team played a friendly match in Bahrain. It was a mix team consisting of both men and women and none of us or the opposing team were professional players. However there was this lady in opposite team and wasn't tall like these professional players. But she single handedly smashed our team. She was such a great player.

I remember our team played a friendly match in Bahrain. It was a mix team consisting of both men and women and none of us or the opposing team were professional players. However there was this lady in opposite team and wasn't tall like these professional players. But she single handedly smashed our team. She was such a great player.
Noice

Both Americans and Brazilians really want the final, gotta love the passion and drama in volleyball. Sometimes it feels like two hours of watching penalties :lol:

Isn't there supposed to be a mens kite race?

Can only see cycling and football on discovery

It’s a great sport also because it’s a good watch for both men’s and women’s game, they’re equally exciting. As much as I love Swiatek, IMO same can’t be said about women’s tennis or basketball