2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

If Sky could get her last trick in on time, could she get gold? It's so close at the top, feels like the standard has really gone up since Tokyo

If Sky could get her last trick in on time, could she get gold? It's so close at the top, feels like the standard has really gone up since Tokyo
She got in it on the last run according to the comms. That's why her 2nd round score was so much higher.

Down to 3rd place now with her last go to come.

In the BMX our lad beat the Argentine in terms of total points. It feels strange that they don't do that.
Presumably because people will naturally play it safer if it's an accumulation of points.

In the BMX our lad beat the Argentine in terms of total points. It feels strange that they don't do that.
My guess is we wouldn't see the high risk, high reward moves we've just seen in the skateboarding as they'd all try to play it relatively safe to get 3 decent scores on the board. So it'd be a negative from the crowd's perspective.

All bar 1 set their highest score in the final round, that's pretty impressive. Shame it's another bronze for Sky but incredible considering she's doing all this with a dislocated shoulder
Be interesting to see who got the highest total when accumulating all three runs.
Was Sky by a tiny margin, 264.48 v 264.4 for Kokona Hiraki

Just checked the men’s park in the skateboarding tomorrow and GB’s only participant is 53 years old wtf

My guess is we wouldn't see the high risk, high reward moves we've just seen in the skateboarding as they'd all try to play it relatively safe to get 3 decent scores on the board. So it'd be a negative from the crowd's perspective.

Why wouldn't he? If it's an accumulated score people will be more risk averse to ensure they don't fall off and feck themselves.

There were only two runs in the BMX. I think that negates the playing safe and maintains people going for it even if they do accumulate it.

So those who are more knowledgeable- Sky's tricks looked more impressive than the Japanese lady's, was it because Japan's execution was better?

I know absolutely nothing about skateboarding bar enjoying watching

All bar 1 set their highest score in the final round, that's pretty impressive. Shame it's another bronze for Sky but incredible considering she's doing all this with a dislocated shoulder

Was Sky by a tiny margin, 264.48 v 264.4 for Kokona Hiraki
Insanely close.
Just checked the men’s park in the skateboarding tomorrow and GB’s only participant is 53 years old wtf
"Taking part in his 16th Olympics..."

Apparently the Japanese she defeated was on a 82 match unbeaten streak

She was by far the favorite, the Teddy Riner of the weight class. She had never lost to a foreigner.

Vinesh is fighting later, if you are interested.

Was on the last 10 seconds too. Some sports can be crazy like that I suppose

If we are being honest, she was a bit lucky. She was totally dominated and was very inactive and only got 2 penalties but her next fight she was the one clearly on top.

It's absolutely mental how young some of these athletes are. I just can't get over how good they have to be to be spotted at such a young age and no doubt edge out people who have probably been doing whatever sport for longer than the kids been alive for

Difficult to know if GB women’s pursuit team isn’t that good or were they conserving energy knowing that they will make top 4

If we are being honest, she was a bit lucky. She was totally dominated and was very inactive and only got 2 penalties but her next fight she was the one clearly on top.
Yeah I won't dispute it cuz I know feck all about this :lol: