2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Putting skateboarding into the Olympics was a great idea. Crowds seem to love it and it's great to watch.

It's brilliant. Even as a fan of skateboarding, I was sceptical how it would translate, but it's been great. I thought the 'street' events were a bit dull, as there's a lot of stopping and starting, but the 'park' event has been really good.

But the Romanians also appealed when they deducted points from their other gymnast for going "out of bounds" or whatever if I'm not mistaken, and the replays showed she didn't? I'm sure it's all fair and square when it goes the US way.
Well, that’s different gymnast than the one Chiles bumped down.

Did the Romanian coaches appeal the call? From the broadcast, it didn’t sound like they ever did.

Netherlands up 2-0 against Spain in the hockey semi. Germany India later today
The Dutch hockey teams unfazed by @KirkDuyt s willingness to sacrifice them all for a football title.

Meanwhile Patty Mills is destroying Serbia playing like an efficient prime Iverson.

Too busy playing “rich white person sitting down sports”. Riding, cycling, rowing etc
:lol: :lol:
Olympic team sports? There's hockey, I guess. Otherwise rugby and cricket.
Not related with Olympics. Basketball is in top 3 sports in the world, volleyball and handball are also very popular sports. In all these sports huge money is involved so you would expect that one of the richest countries in the world with population of over 60 mil, would be interested to be involved. Especially when Britain is in Europe (Brexit ir no Brexit) where all those sports are among most popular ones.

:lol: :lol:

Not related with Olympics. Basketball is in top 3 sports in the world, volleyball and handball are also very popular sports. In all these sports huge money is involved so you would expect that one of the richest countries in the world with population of over 60 mil, would be interested to be involved. Especially when Britain is in Europe (Brexit ir no Brexit) where all those sports are among most popular ones.
Just other priorities with Cricket and Rugby historically being more relevant team sports for Britain.

Doing a handstand on that 10m board, absolutely no way

I wouldn't even go on it never mind do that :lol:

That North Korean was decent. Impressive to be that focused on the sport when you're constantly thinking about how to defect.

OK unless something goes catastrophically wrong, China are getting gold and silver in the diving

One of them just got 10 from every single judge

Do you think the Chinese divers look at everyone else and think "you're all total crap, how can you be so bad?". The level between them and the rest of the world is insane.

The Dutch hockey teams unfazed by @KirkDuyt s willingness to sacrifice them all for a football title.

Meanwhile Patty Mills is destroying Serbia playing like an efficient prime Iverson.
Joke's on them, the better they do the more pleased the gods will be by my sacrifice.

Both chinese girls in the final had a higher score after 4 dives than half the field at the end :lol:

Loads of the poshos I came across in uni played waterpolo.
I just found out the british poshos are even comparatively crap at the posh sports like rowing and horse prancing. Dutch and Germans have been better! They're probably just crap at water polo as it's a sport with enough of a tradition in several countries(hungary, italy, spain, croatia and serbia, russia, usa, greece)

Why the feck do the Serbs take a time-out right after Australia's one when they only had one left? Baffling decision.

Mills does it, OT it is.

Yeah make the horses ride the posh bastards at the next olympics :mad:

Really tough interview to watch from Andrea, talking about not being upset but in tears and about how she didn't want to be alive 3 years ago. Bless her.

Why the feck do the Serbs take a time-out right after Australia's one when they only had one left? Baffling decision.

Mills does it, OT it is.
Poor Jokic, forced to play basketball while there's horse prancing going on just down the road!