2022 US Elections

I thought after the abortion ban there would be a surge in Democrat support. Looks like I was wrong.

It’s the economy I suppose. Thing is lots of people are stupid enough to believe that it’s Biden’s fault.
If they’d dig a little, people could see that they’d be fcuked under a republican government but they’re too lazy or apathetic to do the smallest amount of independent thinking.

Is Caruso not a Democrat?
Before 2011: Republican.
2011-2016: Independent.
2016-2019: Republican.
2019-2022: Independent.
2022-present: Democrat.

I don't remember changing positions this often outside of playing Snakes and Ladders.:wenger::lol:

Before 2011: Republican.
2011-2016: Independent.
2016-2019: Republican.
2019-2022: Independent.
2022-present: Democrat.

I don't remember changing positions this often outside of playing Snakes and Ladders.:wenger::lol:
Jeez! This guy is a political mercenary.

Bracing myself for Republicans to sweep up here and the inevitable return of Trump. Am I being alarmist overly negative to expect this?

The mood here is depressing. Any reasonable country and the GOP would be considered far right nutters.

You are being too optimistic. This is going to be a bloodbath and i reckon the GOP will be at 53-54 senate seats once this is over.
We're in a touch of uncharted territory, just don't see it being nearly as bad as you are describing.

It’s the economy I suppose. Thing is lots of people are stupid enough to believe that it’s Biden’s fault.
If they’d dig a little, people could see that they’d be fcuked under a republican government but they’re too lazy or apathetic to do the smallest amount of independent thinking.

They are. Apparently the economy starts on the day the president starts office

Just can't understand why people can't see more than oh gas prices went up, therefore democrats bad. Actually I can, I lived in the USA for years and I have never met more selfish people in my life

Not much turnout at my station. That said, it was 7 in the morning and it's solid blue on this end so not that much of an incentive to vote.

Won't miss the constant ads.

Caruso is a such a grifter. I've gotten calls and texts from his campaign (among others) and the fools always say something like "Can I count on your vote for Caruso who is going to fix the homeless problem". Then I always ask "how is Caruso going to fix the homeless?" or "what is Caruso's plan to eliminate homelessness" and I just get some bullshit about how he is a successful businessman and he will end homelessness. And then I ask again and get more bullshit so I say "you're not giving me a solid answer so feck Caruso" and hang up.

Found myself in the horrible position of hoping democracy wins, but also knowing i'll financially benefit if Red comes out on top today as markets will almost certainly and selfishly tick upward.

Aren’t the Dems doing well In that regard as well?

Inflation is very high, which has caused interest rates to go up as well. So everything from buying food to homes are far more expensive now than a few years ago. Gas prices are also very high. When you combine these two factors, the Dems, as the party in power, are the ones the public are likely to take their frustrations out on. And in a binary political system, that always means voting for the opposition.

Abortion and "protecting Democracy' are popular among various internet and social media bubbles, but far lower on the list among people who actually vote.

Whatver your view on either Party, not much digging is required to see that Biden has a pretty big part to play in the economic struggles.

Arizona

Reports suggesting voters can't vote in person at Burton Barr are inaccurate.

Inflation is very high, which has caused interest rates to go up as well. So everything from buying food to homes are far more expensive now than a few years ago. Gas prices are also very high. When you combine these two factors, the Dems, as the party in power, are the ones the public are likely to take their frustrations out on. And in a binary political system, that always means voting for the opposition.

Abortion and "protecting Democracy' are popular among various internet and social media bubbles, but far lower on the list among people who actually vote.

I think it's that the people that care most about the SC ruling on abortion are the least affected by it. They already live in blue states or they are middle-class or wealthier in the big city in red states where they can afford to just dip over to a blue state for an abortion. Whereas a lot of the people who would be more affected by it, the poor/working class in red states have to consider economic issues first because that's what's most affecting them.

And the Republicans have been (erroneously) blaming Biden nonstop for inflation.

It's pissing down rain here all day in SoCal and anyone that's from here knows that's bad. It doesn't rain very often so when it does it's like having a massive blizzard; car accidents, people scared to go out, etc.
That said I'd say a lot voted early so it may not matter much. CA is usually so blue that it shouldn't matter, hopefully :nervous:

It's pissing down rain here all day in SoCal and anyone that's from here knows that's bad. It doesn't rain very often so when it does it's like having a massive blizzard; car accidents, people scared to go out, etc.
That said I'd say a lot voted early so it may not matter much. CA is usually so blue that it shouldn't matter, hopefully :nervous:

Yeah the weather has been appalling. Two straight days of rain is quite a thing out here.

Approval ratings and polls have basically correlated with gas prices for almost a year.