2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloomberg is becoming a case study in how much money it takes to buy an election.

He'll probably top $1billion just for the primary and if he gets nomination he'll probably double whatever Trump spends. He could easily spend 3 billion before this is over

How much has been revealed about Trump?
The attacks are all based on facts.
Yet look at his numbers. He could still win a second term if one of the clowns the DNC is pushing becomes the nominee.
In the same way, the increasing number of voters who support Sanders policies like Climate Change action and Single Payer will not be moved by a racist sexual predator no matter how much money he spends.

Its about actual policies.
Why Hillary failed miserably.
The DNC does not care because it is a completely corrupt organisation.
People like Bloomberg own it. Why the party allows thousands of people to die without proper health care.

Someone earlier invoked courts being a reason Bloomberg is better than Trump.

Don’t let Red Dreams be the face of Sanders supporters. Yes there are those who don’t understand that for Sanders ideas to work, it actually needs to be a people movement and not Sanders solving it all himself. If you listen to him, it should be pretty obvious. And going with the examples of labor rights, women’s rights, and civil rights, it was a people movement that achieved what some old white guys in Congress could never do on their own.
That was me. You're more likely to get a moderate judge with Bloomberg than Trump. They've made use of Trump and packed the courts with young judges which will negatively affect people. But purity.

@sun_tzu

Bloomberg Buys the Democratic Elite
Putting dollar signs in the eyes of activists is not the same as catching fire with the voting public.

When a recording leaked of Mr. Bloomberg defending stop-and-frisk in New York, Andre Fields of the liberal voting-rights group Fair Fight Action rushed out a tweet hitting him as a “true terrorist” but promptly deleted it. Fair Fight Action had received $5 million in funding from Mr. Bloomberg. Three members of the Congressional Black Caucus helped out with timely endorsements of a man who spent at least $90 million on House Democratic races in the last 19 months.

New York Times columnist Tom Friedman on Wednesday joined in with 1,500 words implying that other Democratic candidates should make way for Mr. Bloomberg. He ended his piece with a disclosure that his wife’s charity was supported with Bloomberg donations.

Mr. Bloomberg has said he will spend $1 billion through Election Day. If so, he will have to curb his outlays to meet his target. At $344 million, he’s already spent more on advertising than the Clinton and Trump campaigns did in all of 2016.

I wouldn’t put it the way his left-wing critics do—that he’s trying to buy the nomination or the presidency. He’s trying to buy the Democratic Party elite. He’s distorting the incentives of activists, officials and campaign fixers who suddenly are thinking less about a presidential victory and more about getting on or staying on the Bloomberg gravy train.

He entered the race, remember, because Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren were too left-wing to beat Donald Trump, but he only strengthens Mr. Sanders by giving him a foil for his message of billionaire corruption of politics. Mr. Bloomberg’s dominance of the airwaves will not help things shake out in the centrist lane. A tiny fraction of his current spending might be intelligently employed to give Amy Klobuchar a boost. Instead, he’s in danger of becoming a pro-Sanders spoiler.

Mr. Bloomberg would make a competent president but the question is moot. Mr. Trump’s voters aren’t going to abandon him. The Democratic left would see Mr. Bloomberg as a repudiation of everything it hoped to achieve in 2020. Mr. Bloomberg’s belief that there’s an anti-Trump majority just waiting to coalesce around his earnest self is a variation on the miscalculation that has so many Democrats thinking this is the year for Medicare for All. Democrats have consistently overestimated what Mr. Trump’s “unpopularity” can deliver them in 2020. Mr. Bloomberg is making the same mistake.

His ads might have moved him from 3% to 10% in the polls but ads have sharply diminishing returns. They make people aware of a product. They don’t make them buy it. After three viewings, viewers tune them out. Mr. Bloomberg could try handing $10 bills to voters but U.S. law and tradition frown on this. It’s the other element of his spending, meanwhile, that has toxic potential for the Democratic Party—the sight of so many party stalwarts dropping everything for a financial opportunity for themselves.

The idea that Mr. Bloomberg has any catch-fire potential in the larger electorate is the ultimate flaw in the scenario. At least if they lose with Bernie, Democrats will be able to respect themselves in the morning.

The potted story line is that Mr. Trump envied Mr. Bloomberg his genuine entrepreneurial accomplishments and his bigger fortune, but it turned out it was Mr. Trump who got up and did what Mr. Bloomberg has been mooning about for two decades—run for president and win.

Mr. Bloomberg is the man who wants to be invited, who wants to be seen stepping forward because the people summoned him. Mr. Trump invited himself—and was surprised by the result. His imitators shouldn’t kid themselves about this. A genuinely enthusiastic section of the electorate ran away with the GOP in 2016. Mr. Trump provided the message; in no sense was its reception orchestrated by him. On the contrary, he didn’t have to spend money on ads.

If Mr. Bloomberg can run away with the Democratic Party in 2020, it will be for all the wrong reasons. Mr. Trump’s was a revolution of the grass roots. Mr. Bloomberg’s would be a revolution of a paid-off elite.

Every second post he makes is either about how much money he earns, or asking someone to bet on something. I think he has a really small penis.

look! he didnt present a bet on that

I'd just rather have you handing over cash admitting your wrong at the end

In the end it's cool if you won't back your convictions of what you think is right with your money... Let's be honest that's exactly why Sanders will get whalloped in the electoral college as a few states are targeted talking about how much his plans will cost voters and history tends to show people vote with their wallets
I donate to Sanders campaign multiple times so I do back my convictions with money. You're just making yourself look like a twat.

That was me. You're more likely to get a moderate judge with Bloomberg than Trump. They've made use of Trump and packed the courts with young judges which will negatively affect people. But purity.
Bloomberg will get trounced anyway and it will be the DNC's and media's fault for dickriding him, not voters like me. You can try to insult us with purity jabs but I'll take that any day than voting for an oligarch. If the DNC care so much about beating Trump, maybe throw support behind the guy who brings the turnout that could defeat Trump? Radical, I know.

feck it..I'll give you 50 dollars if Sanders loses to Trump provided he becomes the nominee. If Trump beats Sanders,you give 100 dollars to a charity if eboues choosing sun_tzu

z2yVHU0.png

He has a 3-state firewall (Wisconsin, MIchigan, Penn). He has openings in Maine, Minn, and NH. He has a defendable lead in Florida and NC.

More and more I think this election is basically Obama 2012.

800px-Presidential_Election_Results_Swing_by_State_from_2012_to_2016.svg.png

Bloomberg will get trounced anyway and it will be the DNC's and media's fault for dickriding him, not voters like me. You can try to insult us with purity jabs but I'll take that any day than voting for an oligarch. If the DNC care so much about beating Trump, maybe throw support behind the guy who brings the turnout that could defeat Trump? Radical, I know.
I'm in no way a fan of Bloomberg. Just saying that when it comes to it the Republicans and conservatives saw the greater picture and are getting their rewards with the judicial appointments.

I'm in no way a fan of Bloomberg. Just saying that when it comes to it the Republicans and conservatives saw the greater picture and are getting their rewards with the judicial appointments.
Not saying that this isn't true but I've never come across any Republican in person or online who didn't like or love Trump. But I have a lot of confidence Bloomberg loses to Trump in a landslide. I'd argue that although Hillary was unpopular too, she's more loved among Dems than Bloomberg — and look how that turned out. Also, she's actually a Democrat, not some Republican who conveniently switched parties to usurp power.

Show me your friends and I'll show you who you are. Bloomberg is a cnut.

I bet ya one hundred bucks.

Looks much better for Sanders. He’ll have to keep the pressure on though through Super Tuesday at the least.

oh yeah, feck off Biden, Blumberg, Butty.

So happy for Bernie, although now the DNC and their stooges are going to go into full attack mode trying to bring him down before Super Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.