2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
?
He was 2nd to Biden in national polling, if he had won the 1st 2 nd 3 out of the 1st 4, Biden's argument would have collapsed and he would be the clear front runner. Now, Biden has collapsed but because of the Pete "win" in Iowa, his front-runner status isn't clear. He still has a solid chance of course.

This is not 2016. Bernie Sanders is not some upstart campaign hoping on momentum from wins. His campaign is a well funded well run organization that is continuing from the 2016 race. He is a clear front runner Biden or not. Iowa and New Hampshire have destroyed Biden and the other candidates. It's now Sanders, Pete and then Biden, Warren and Klobuchar.

As the irritating Red Dreams keeps prattling on about how voters are never wrong, Sanders will destroy Pete in states like Texas and California. Just give up the 'OMG he's fecking it up' and alienating Pete voters because of perceived injustices. Sanders will surely win and you'll need the Biden and Pete voters soon. I wish I can slap the silly lot running around with the 'DNC is fixing it for Pete' twitter users.

This is not 2016. Bernie Sanders is not some upstart campaign hoping on momentum from wins. His campaign is a well funded well run organization that is continuing from the 2016 race. He is a clear front runner Biden or not. Iowa and New Hampshire have destroyed Biden and the other candidates. It's now Sanders, Pete and then Biden, Warren and Klobuchar.

As the irritating Red Dreams keeps prattling on about how voters are never wrong, Sanders will destroy Pete in states like Texas and California. Just give up the 'OMG he's fecking it up' and alienating Pete voters because of perceived injustices. Sanders will surely win and you'll need the Biden and Pete voters soon. I wish I can slap the silly lot running around with the 'DNC is fixing it for Pete' twitter users.

I agree on the point about impact, although I agree with @berbatrick that the DNC has clearly been trying to feck with Bernie, I think on reflection Pete’s performance has had a more detrimental impact on Biden’s campaign than it has had on Bernie’s campaign. Perhaps that was always the establishment’s goal. They see Biden as a busted flush with too much baggage that Trump will take to the cleaners (especially with the help of Giuliani and Barr) so they’ve thrown their weight behind an alternative centr(right)ist.

I think a Bloomberg / Buttigieg debate would be interesting.

Pete is destined to flop imo. He has little support in non-homogeneous markets outside of IA and NH. I believe he’s polling something like 4th nationally which doesn’t bode well for him during Super Tuesday. At this point this looks like things may unfold into a Sanders v Bloomberg contest (assuming the latter keeps climbing as he has been)

Pete is destined to flop imo. He has little support in non-homogeneous markets outside of IA and NH. I believe he’s polling something like 4th nationally which doesn’t bode well for him during Super Tuesday. At this point this looks like things may unfold into a Sanders v Bloomberg contest (assuming the latter keeps climbing as he has been)

Correct.

Lets see how your Democratic Party spins supporting an Oligarch against a populist candidate.

According to https://www.reddit.com/r/PresidentBloomberg (which a sad site with 700 members)

The Comprehensive Case for Mike Bloomberg!

Who is Mike Bloomberg?

Michael Bloomberg was born to a middle-class family in 1942, growing up in Medford, MA. He studied at Johns Hopkins University (BS, 1964) and Harvard University (MBA, 1966). After university, he worked at an investment firm, and in 1981, he was let go as a result of an acquisition by another firm. He turned this setback one of his greatest successes, using a $10 million severance :eek:package as the base for Bloomberg LP, a financial data services and media company with over $10 billion in revenue in 2018, and 20,000 employees. Michael Bloomberg is now worth $60 billion.

Bloomberg served three terms as Mayor of New York City, first elected in 2001, rebuilding New York in the aftermath of 9/11, hiring experts instead of political appointees, turning a $3 to $5 billion budget deficit into a $2.4 billion surplus, kickstarting a development and business boom, attracting record numbers of visitors, lowering crime, dramatically improving public health, and setting the course for the city's future.

In March 2018, he was appointed the UN Special Envoy for Climate Action. He has also started revolutionary initiatives, including Everytown for Gun Safety, Beyond Carbon, Bloomberg Harvard City Leadership Initiative (which trained Pete Buttigieg), and American Cities Initiative.

____

He's definitely accomplished, just not very likeable.

No mention of him being a Republican mayor, I see.

I get that the idea is that he's going to out-moderate Joe Biden, but Joe Biden's saving grace is his black support. Surely stop and frisk is a huge liability for Bloomberg when it comes to that?

No mention of him being a Republican mayor, I see.

I get that the idea is that he's going to out-moderate Joe Biden, but Joe Biden's saving grace is his black support. Surely stop and frisk is a huge liability for Bloomberg when it comes to that?

i wouldn't expect a european socdem like you to understand but last month bloomberg said "my bad yall" for stop and frisk so it's fine now

Got to get those Black votes. Like they are just lining up to vote for Biden. Black voters as well as Latino voters are taken for granted by pollsters and MSM. This time round they want more than just empty gestures to get their votes.

This whole 'black vote' term just seems extremely wrong, why do people have no issue using it?

It’s actually impressive how bad Biden is at running for President.

The former VP of the last Democratic administration, with good fav ratings among the base, now likely to finish outside of the top 3 in the first 3 contests.

This whole 'black vote' term just seems extremely wrong, why do people have no issue using it?

It's insane. Same as the Latin vote or the Asian vote or the white suburban mom vote. Treating all these groups as monoliths, as if they vote in block.

Chris Matthews must have contributed so much.

Thank you Chris. :D

Didn't he say that if Bernie was running in the 50's he Chris Matthews would be hanged? And Chuck Todd compared Bernie Bros to Nazi Brownshirts?

Meanwhile I saw a pundit on MSNBC completely losing it when Bloomberg was referred to as an oligarch (which he fits to a "TP as a oligarch is "generally a business magnate who controls sufficient resources to influence national politics") and saying he's just a successful entrepreneur :lol:

The media hypocrisy is mind boggling

Didn't he say that if Bernie was running in the 50's he Chris Matthews would be hanged? And Chuck Todd compared Bernie Bros to Nazi Brownshirts?

Meanwhile I saw a pundit on MSNBC completely losing it when Bloomberg was referred to as an oligarch (which he fits to a "TP as a oligarch is "generally a business magnate who controls sufficient resources to influence national politics") and saying he's just a successful entrepreneur :lol:

The media hypocrisy is mind boggling

They are in Overdrive.

That guy being sooooo offended about Nina Turner calling Bloomberg an Oligarch.
I posted the exchange on this thread.
And the Democratic party is supposed to represent the working class voters.

It’s actually impressive how bad Biden is at running for President.

The former VP of the last Democratic administration, with good fav ratings among the base, now likely to finish outside of the top 3 in the first 3 contests.
No argument that it's been a dreadful campaign so far from him, but isn't he still expected to come 2nd in Nevada?

Can't fecking wait for the normal events to transpire today. Sanders and Warren at the top of the board and jokers like Pete Buttigieg shunted to the side, and Red Dreams misogynistically abusing Liz Warren. Bring the feck on Wolf Blitzer, do your fecking worst

Apparently a lot of people in New Hampshire have been doing the Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ Dance. I think he has a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.