2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a moderate / establishment type, steyer would be turning some head tonight. If you liked the "suck eggs" style, amy would've looked good.

Can someone please translate this for me, my mind is about to break. :lol:

its a flowery language which basically looks good at first glance and at even the slightest bit of scrutiny it falls apart. For me, its been the same thing with Pete. The first time I heard him speak was in The Breakfast Club interview, and I kinda liked him. But as soon as I started learning more of him and hearing him speak more, it became pretty clear he was just a vacuous politician wannabe.

Pete is just a fine-tuned political bullshit generator. It just comes naturally to him to churn it out non-stop.

Can someone please translate this for me, my mind is about to break. :lol:

A rejection of the identitarian left and their demand for moral purity (as they see it) if you are to be aligned to their political movement i.e. a call for the party to be a broad church rather than a narrow sect is how I read it.

A rejection of the identitarian left and their demand for moral purity (as they see it) if you are to be aligned to their political movement i.e. a call for the party to be a broad church rather than a narrow sect is how I read it.

Literally every segment of the political spectrum is guilty of that.

The right hate everyone the left of them.

The left hate everyone to the right of them.

Centrists in my experience currently tend to pick their fights with the left because the political climate is so conservative right now that their more conservative leanings are already satisfied and the left get angry with centrists because they’re not doing enough to combat the fascism that is clearly prevalent in western politics.

Literally every segment of the political spectrum is guilty of that.

The right hate everyone the left of them.

The left hate everyone to the right of them.

Centrists in my experience currently tend to pick their fights with the left because the political climate is so conservative right now that their more conservative leanings are already satisfied and the left get angry with centrists because they’re not doing enough to combat the fascism that is clearly prevalent in western politics.

Where is fascism prevalent in Western politics exactly?

Think he's saying that he welcomes lost Republicans . How did that work out for Hillary.

Isn't this in response to the billionaire thing? If so, what makes the optics different is that when you accept money from billionaires and big interests... You are more suspectible to listen to them

If we are to summarize what Sanders stands for.

Start immediate work to address Climate Change. We may well be late on this.
Immediately implement Single Payer simply to save lives.
Get rid of large money in politics to eradicate poverty which is amplified with Black people.

Its not a matter of Left or Right.
Its simply about doing what is right.

Last edited:
If we are summarize what Sanders stands for.

Get rid of large money in politics to eradicate poverty which is amplified with Black people.

Bingo.

If we are summarize what Sanders stands for.

If you think these views are important, don't you think they're wasted on a platform with such a small proportion of US voters? If it's not intended to persuade...what is it you get out of saying the same things over and over again?

If you think these views are important, don't you think they're wasted on a platform with such a small proportion of US voters? If it's not intended to persuade...what is it you get out of saying the same things over and over again?

Good question

That's pretty much it. He seems like he's been constructing himself as this perfect Presidential candidate to the point where he falls into the uncanny valley of not quite human. Too perfect. Too scared of taking sides if it might make him even a little bit controversial. Once you see it he comes off as creepy, weird, and more than anything, completely ingenuine.

That's pretty much it. He seems like he's been constructing himself as this perfect Presidential candidate to the point where he falls into the uncanny valley of not quite human. Too perfect. Too scared of taking sides if it might make him even a little bit controversial. Once you see it he comes off as creepy, weird, and more than anything, completely ingenuine.

On the other hand he's Maltese, which is a huge plus.

What does that mean though?

What the US does affects the world.
Yang said Trump is only the symptom of the problem.
To nominate a hollow candidate like Biden solves nothing.
Bernie is one voice. But millions of voices are not being heard.
I believe in this election those voices are trying to break through the barrier set up by the establishment.

If they do, we will see real change that will help everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.