2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beto and Pete on stage together oh feck off that will be too much. “How many languages can you not answer questions in?”

Things should clear up after this debate since there are currently only 6 people who have qualified for debate 3 - Pete, Beto, Bernie, Liz, Harris, and Biden . Things will start to get interesting when it’s just those six going at it.

Things should clear up after this debate since there are currently only 6 people who have qualified for debate 3 - Pete, Beto, Bernie, Liz, Harris, and Biden . Things will start to get interesting when it’s just those six going at it.

Beto :lol:

He's a zombie at this point, the third debate has to be his last one, surely.

Nice split in debates. Bernie Warren in one night and Biden, yang in another. All 4 serious candidates kept apart

Did you just call Yang a serious candidate? I guess it's probably a joke, but some people really do think Yang is going to surge any day now.

Did you just call Yang a serious candidate?

Of course being in the UK I might be detached from the realities but it seems to me that
Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris and the buttchap are the only likley winners

Biden seems to be bleeding out and will need to change things pretty quick
Sanders looks like he missed his chance
Buttchap seems to have come out of nowhere so it will be interesting to see if he can maintain momentum when he has more focus on him
Warren and Harris look the two most likley to me and gut feel I think Harris will win

though i fully expect trump to win or failing that declare the result void deport whoever he lost to and re-run the election till he does win

Did you just call Yang a serious candidate? I guess it's probably a joke, but some people really do think Yang is going to surge any day now.

I wouldn’t write anyone in the single digits off at this point since both Trump and Sanders were very low single digits at one point and 18% of Dems polled still don’t know who they are going to support. These things tend to turn very quickly after a debate or a social media “moment”.

My money (not actual money) is on Warren or Harris, honestly.
I think that's been obvious for a few weeks now.

Of the big 4, Bernie and Biden are going to lose momentum. Warren and Harris are exactly the kinds of firebrands that are going gain media currency against Trump.

Harris, in particular, I think is tailor made for the current News environment. I'd personally prefer Warren, though.

I think that's been obvious for a few weeks now.

Of the big 4, Bernie and Biden are going to lose momentum. Warren and Harris are exactly the kinds of firebrands that are going gain media currency against Trump.

Harris, in particular, I think is tailor made for the current News environment. I'd personally prefer Warren, though.

Harris hasn't had the scopes aimed at her yet. I want to see how she handles all her contradictions and walkbacks.

I wouldn’t write anyone in the single digits off at this point since both Trump and Sanders were very low single digits at one point and 18% of Dems polled still don’t know who they are going to support. These things tend to turn very quickly after a debate or a social media “moment”.

That's why I'm not including Buttigieg in the zombie category, he's at least polling at 5-6%. Beto is polling at 2-3%, and we've already had one debate. When Trump was polling that poorly he hadn't even announced his candidacy. It was more or less the same with Bernie. He never polled at 2% after announcing (or for many months before that). I'm definitely writing Beto off.

My money (not actual money) is on Warren or Harris, honestly.
I see those as the final two... gut feel warren needs to show she can deal with the inevitable Pocahontas stuff because I think trump will drag the election to new lows and im not convinced she will (or any of them to be honest but her in particular) will cope well with that

Warren to win and come through a ceiling of glass shattering will be poetic. Bernie as her Vp should press the button for breaking the glass and shout feck you Hillary. Epic

Warren to win and come through a ceiling of glass shattering will be poetic. Bernie as her Vp should press the button for breaking the glass and shout feck you Hillary. Epic

That would be awesome. It's hard for me to see Trump defeating a Warren - Sanders partnership but I didn't see 2016 coming so...

That's why I'm not including Buttigieg in the zombie category, he's at least polling at 5-6%. Beto is polling at 2-3%, and we've already had one debate. When Trump was polling that poorly he hadn't even announced his candidacy. It was more or less the same with Bernie. He never polled at 2% after announcing (or for many months before that). I'm definitely writing Beto off.

They were definitely both polling in the single digits very early on. We are still fairly early in the game in that we have about 7 plus months before Iowa so I don't think anyone who is above 0 percent will be dropping out unless they miss the third debate. There are six who are currently in the 3rd debate so that will likely cull the herd come Sep/Oct when both the 3rd and 4th debates will be held.

They were definitely both polling in the single digits very early on. We are still fairly early in the game in that we have about 7 plus months before Iowa so I don't think anyone who is above 0 percent will be dropping out unless they miss the third debate. There are six who are currently in the 3rd debate so that will likely cull the herd come Sep/Oct when both the 3rd and 4th debates will be held.

As I said, neither of them was polling anywhere near as low as 2% after announcing. I really doubt Beto will pull out, but to me he's about as likely to win as Andrew Yang. Actually, Andrew Yang might be more likely to win, since he's at least got something different about him. Not that he's going to win either. It might be different if Beto was showing promising signs of any kind, but he's doing far worse than he was doing earlier. I haven't looked at statistics from earlier elections, but I very much doubt those ever turn out winners.

As I said, neither of them was polling anywhere near as low as 2% after announcing. I really doubt Beto will pull out, but to me he's about as likely to win as Andrew Yang. Actually, Andrew Yang might be more likely to win, since he's at least got something different about him. Not that he's going to win either. It might be different if Beto was showing promising signs of any kind, but he's doing far worse than he was doing earlier. I haven't looked at statistics from earlier elections, but I very much doubt those ever turn out winners.

I agree on Yang.

As for for past elections, here's a poll from 4 years and one month ago.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/jeb-bush-surges-lead-gop-pack-new-2016-poll

Not saying this will happen with any of the current single digits candidates, but certainly not impossible.

Sanders was at 18% exactly 4 years ago (albeit in a more or less 2 person race).

I personally think Warren may finally break out and leap into a dead heat with Biden after the next debate.

I personally think Warren may finally break out and leap into a dead heat with Biden after the next debate.

Yeah, I think so too. It's really interesting. I wouldn't say I had her written off after the whole Pocahontas thing, followed by her less-than-stellar campaign launch, but I definitely didn't expect that I'd now have her as a more likely winner than either Biden or Sanders. I certainly have her ahead of Sanders now, and probably Biden as well, despite Biden's polling lead.

Makes sense I think.

A whole slew of new polls just came out in the southern states (TN, GA, AL, MS etc.) and Biden is running very strong in most, which makes sense since southern Dems tend to default to the middle of the road types.

It is slightly interesting that Yang is starting to move into 3-4% polling in recent polls. You'd have thought he would stay at 1% when you consider that he had a shocker of a debate.

It is slightly interesting that Yang is starting to move into the 3-4% polling mark in a few of the polls i have recently seen. You would have thought he would have dropped off when you consider that he had a shocker of a debate.

He's the hipster candidate this cycle - someone who people latch on to because its cool and they see others doing it. In the past it was the likes of Ron Paul, Nader, and Jerry Brown who people latched onto.

The great thing about Yang is bringing the UBI discussion to the table and putting the idea into people’s minds early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.