2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the short term though, I wonder if he will he have to be removed from the White House or if he'll just vacate it with the least amount of dignity (but legally)? There hasn't really been any hint of a resolution so far.

I just read that some former presidents haven't always felt the need to attend the inauguration of their successors but it is very rare (apparently 3 times in normal circumstances) and it is seen in poor taste not to attend. I suspect Trump will be added to that list.

He will hold a rally on the same day.

Reagan trouncing Mondale in 1984, rather.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, the post was talking incumbents. Ignore me.
He trounced Mondale even harder, but also trounced Carter which was unprecedented for an incumbent (489-49 in the electoral college), +10 points in the popular vote.

We Do Not Have a President-Elect!’ Newsmax’s Greg Kelly LOSES IT on the Media for Calling Election Winner Joe Biden the Election Winner

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/we-do-n...lection-winner-joe-biden-the-election-winner/

I'm utterly amazed that there are people who watch that and think "that guy is talking sense!". Honestly, I can't understand how you can believe this nonsense and not recognize the obvious attempts of manipulating you. The fact that those very individuals actually believe they're more intelligent than the rest and recognize things and conspiracies the others aren't capable of recognizing blows my mind. Surely with any remainder of self reflection they'd have to notice in everyday live that they're somewhat slower than others, be it in school, work life or whatever. I know we're getting used to it by now but if you really let it sink in, I feel nothing but bewilderment.

He will hold a rally on the same day.
Never mind a rally on the same day, at this rate he will hold his own inauguration, not only on the same day but probably earlier than the Biden one. Trump will then claim Biden is usurping his second term Presidency... and the fat lady still has to sing!

Never mind a rally on the same day, at this rate he will hold his own inauguration, not only on the same day but probably earlier than the Biden one. Trump will then claim Biden is usurping his second term Presidency... and the fat lady still has to sing!
I can't wait for the crowd size comparisons!

Any clue when does this madness end ? I only care about the bookies paying my Biden bets but seems like this is at a standstill now .

Any clue when does this madness end ? I only care about the bookies paying my Biden bets but seems like this is at a standstill now .
I think that Biden will be inaugurated but Trump will still claim he's President for another four years whilst sitting in the Southern White House.

I'm utterly amazed that there are people who watch that and think "that guy is talking sense!". Honestly, I can't understand how you can believe this nonsense and not recognize the obvious attempts of manipulating you. The fact that those very individuals actually believe they're more intelligent than the rest and recognize things and conspiracies the others aren't capable of recognizing blows my mind. Surely with any remainder of self reflection they'd have to notice in everyday live that they're somewhat slower than others, be it in school, work life or whatever. I know we're getting used to it by now but if you really let it sink in, I feel nothing but bewilderment.

It's called the Dunning Kruger Effect .... and explains essentially why many dumb or incompetent folk believe they much smarter or competent than they really are.

Yeah, my MyBookie bet won't pay out until it's officially certified. I wonder how much in interest they are making on this delay?
I’ve wondered about this. Shouldn’t bets go into an escrow account? If they are going to hold it, shouldn’t they be paying you interest? It’s not like you are paying for a service at a later date, so it shouldn’t really be “their” money unless you lose.

Betfair got bets worth 500 million for this and are now giving excuses that they want to wait till everything is certain.

Betfair have behaved in a disgraceful manner. They still have the presidential market open and they are only doing this to earn more commission.

News conference coming up soon. The scary part is people are falling for all this and just won't believe or accept Biden and Harris have won. Worse still Trump and his sycophants are still holding up intel, money and all help towards the incoming administration.

Why haven't they paid out yet? Are they waiting for a coup?

Because he literally isn't president yet? there's no point in paying out and risking, however low the chance, that Trump turns the result around, or Biden could even die before being elected im, and end up having to pay out both sides.

Because he literally isn't president yet? there's no point in paying out and risking, however low the chance, that Trump turns the result around, or Biden could even die before being elected im, and end up having to pay out both sides.
Yeah but the bet was "who would win the 2020 election" which even if Biden was hit by a bus and killed, he still won the election. They certainly would not pay out to the Trump betters.

News conference coming up soon. The scary part is people are falling for all this and just won't believe or accept Biden and Harris have won. Worse still Trump and his sycophants are still holding up intel, money and all help towards the incoming administration.

Suddenly the NY Times is a viable source of information again. I really hope he goes to prison after all this. Now he's really putting your constitution to the test.

I thought the NYT was failing?

Is this something they always do? Some places have paid out already. I'm pretty sure they'd still be required to pay out even if Biden died before being sworn in as he won the election.

Yeah but the bet was "who would win the 2020 election" which even if Biden was hit by a bus and killed, he still won the election. They certainly would not pay out to the Trump betters.

If Trump's legal appeal is successful and overturns the current result, they would have to pay Trump backers out. There's still money being traded on the market and it's only 20s that Trump wins. Not paying out until it's officially finished is just the blatantly obvious thing to do.

Is this something they always do? Some places have paid out already. I'm pretty sure they'd still be required to pay out even if Biden died before being sworn in as he won the election.

Some placed have paid out already out of good faith, not because they have to. And Betfair as an exchange is quite different to a normal bookmaker and will have taken more T/O on it than any bookmaker in the world. IF they ended up having to pay out both sides that would be £500m lost for no reason, it would be stupid to do.

Biden winning was good for pretty much every bookmaker in the industry, we took several million T/O on Trump compared to a few hundred K on Biden. Everyone else was similar, nobody is holding out hoping the election is overturned, it's completely the opposite. No one needs to settle Biden bets as winners until they're legally clear to settle Trump bets as losers.

Last edited:
Michigan bullshit continues, no doubt after pressure from on high

Too bad one of the Dems saw that coming

This is exactly what happened in the Philippines in 1986. There were two inaugurations of two Presidents. The incumbent Marcos was sworn in earlier than the real winner Cory Aquino who
took the oath later. The situation was it was a military coup supported by the majority of the public. Marcos lost the election but like Trump he didn't accept the result. Ultimately the Americans decided that he was a huge liability so they took him and his family away to Hawaii.

This is exactly what happened in the Philippines in 1986. There were two inaugurations of two Presidents. The incumbent Marcos was sworn in earlier than the real winner Cory Aquino who
took the oath later. The situation was it was a military coup supported by the majority of the public. Marcos lost the election but like Trump he didn't accept the result. Ultimately the Americans decided that he was a huge liability so they took him and his family away to Hawaii.
Sooooo..... can you do us a solid and return the favor?

I think Reagan trouncing Carter is the answer in both cases.

FDR 1936 won the largest EC victory by percentage (since the total EC was less than 538, raw margins aren't comparable).
For challengers, FDR 1932 had the widest popular vote margin and Reagan 1980 had the largest EC margin.

FDR 1936 won the largest EC victory by percentage (since the total EC was less than 538, raw margins aren't comparable).
For challengers, FDR 1932 had the widest popular vote margin and Reagan 1980 had the largest EC margin.
It was for beating the incumbent, so 1936 does not count.

I stand corrected on FDR winning the popular vote by the largest margin.

Some placed have paid out already out of good faith, not because they have to. And Betfair as an exchange is quite different to a normal bookmaker and will have taken more T/O on it than any bookmaker in the world. IF they ended up having to pay out both sides that would be £500m lost for no reason, it would be stupid to do.

Biden winning was good for pretty much every bookmaker in the industry, we took several million T/O on Trump compared to a few hundred K on Biden. Everyone else was similar, nobody is holding out hoping the election is overturned, it's completely the opposite. No one needs to settle Biden bets as winners until they're legally clear to settle Trump bets as losers.
I wasn't saying they have to pay out now, I meant they would have to pay out for a Biden win even if he died after having won the election.
As for whether or not they should my initial comment was a joke, hence the coup question. It's pretty clear he's not winning by counting the votes and his legal challenges are a joke. :lol:

Weeks later and this thread is still being clogged with bullshit betting talk :lol:

In other news....

The whole thing is a big delay and disrupt operation with the hope it will leave his base feeling like he was robbed. It’s also a chance to funnel money out of the Trump campaign into their pockets via Rudy.

Which landscaping company is hosting this time?

70% of Republicans think the election was rigged and that number will only increase.
I think the country is finished.

And he gained 10.1 million votes. What the actual feck America??

70% of Republicans think the election was rigged and that number will only increase.
I think the country is finished.
Unfortunately I am starting to think the same. The so called experiment in democracy ultimately failed. Even if Biden is rightfully sworn in, if that large portion does not believe the election is fair, his presidency will be obstructed at every single step.

Weeks later and this thread is still being clogged with bullshit betting talk :lol:

In other news....

Rudy said:
“This morning we are withdrawing our lawsuit in Michigan as a direct result of achieving the relief we sought: to stop the election in Wayne County from being prematurely certified before residents can be assured that every legal vote has been counted and every illegal vote has not been counted.”

They're just going to pretend that the Wayne County Repub Canvassers didn't actually certify the results in the end aren't they? :lol:

Apparently Trump contacted them personally afterwards to try and pressure them into recanting on the certification, even though it's now past the deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.