2018 US Elections

That's good as there isn't much time to change minds at this point. He's also probably benefiting from DeSantis' idiocy against Gillum to where fence sitting independents are breaking for Gillum and by extension Nelson.

agree.

If the Dems can bring Nelson, Heidtkamp and McKaskill home, the Senate is theirs. Beto will just be the cherry on the cake.

Yes. Both of them should be safe.

ND looks difficult. MO is close.

If one of Beto or either of MO and ND comes good, the Dems will control teh Senate.

For the first time, I'm getting a vibe the Senate may be possible. The Nelson numbers against Scott and Sinema's recent numbers against McSally are encouraging. If you combine that with Heidtkamp's opponent making controversial comments in ND, then things could get interesting.

We need new polling on NV, TN, TX, and MO.

For the first time, I'm getting a vibe the Senate may be possible. The Nelson numbers against Scott and Sinema's recent numbers against McSally are encouraging. If you combine that with Heidtkamp's opponent making controversial comments in ND, then things could get interesting.

We need new polling on NV, TN, TX, and MO.

Correct.

This Kavanaugh nomination looks very bad for Republicans whichever way it turns out.

That may be the edge.

The NBC/Marist poll is pretty amazing. If true, it would suggest Nelson will manage to pull off his race against Scott.

Nelson has been edging away from Scott for a couple of weeks now. The youth & Latino vote is also starting to make some noise here in FL about getting peers registered to vote. That does not bode well for the Rs, thankfully.

Lots of Puerto Ricans are now in Florida.

I work just south of Orlando alongside the I-4 corridor in a new hotel & a solid majority of our team members are from Puerto Rico, having fled from the hurricane with their families. Their emotions about the aftermath of the hurricane have started to create groundswells of enthusiasm to get as many people registered to vote, to educate those that already can vote, & to donate what they can to Democratic campaigns. It is both painful, but uplifting, to listen to the stories of my staff & how excited they are to be part of this election, even tangentially.

I work just south of Orlando alongside the I-4 corridor in a new hotel & a solid majority of our team members are from Puerto Rico, having fled from the hurricane with their families. Their emotions about the aftermath of the hurricane have started to create groundswells of enthusiasm to get as many people registered to vote, to educate those that already can vote, & to donate what they can to Democratic campaigns. It is both painful, but uplifting, to listen to the stories of my staff & how excited they are to be part of this election, even tangentially.

One of the first priority of the new administration should be to rebuild the lives of those poor people.

But are they registered to vote?

Guess I haven’t really been paying attention, but I had no idea Tennessee could play such a pivotal role in the Senate elections. Or that a Dem even had a shot.

That said, the 538 article isn’t exactly optimistic with their “fundamentals” analysis.

Guess I haven’t really been paying attention, but I had no idea Tennessee could play such a pivotal role in the Senate elections. Or that a Dem even had a shot.

That said, the 538 article isn’t exactly optimistic with their “fundamentals” analysis.

Its down to the specific two candidates running there. One is a popular ex-Governor and the other is a somewhat weak congresswoman.

Its down to the specific two candidates running there. One is a popular ex-Governor and the other is a somewhat weak congresswoman.
I wish I was more optimistic about Beto’s chances, because then the fight for the Senate majority could get rather exciting.

I wish I was more optimistic about Beto’s chances, because then the fight for the Senate majority could get rather exciting.

Its all going to be a turnout game from here on out. If the Dems can get their people to turn out an extra 1-2% then that could swing a handful of extra races in their favor.

Someone please explain. Why are some seats in the Senate and Congress up for reelection while others are not? Same for governorship.

Someone please explain. Why are some seats in the Senate and Congress up for reelection while others are not? Same for governorship.

All house seats are up for reelection every two years. In the Senate its 6 years so the seats up for reelection this Nov. would be the ones who happened to last have elections in 2012.

All house seats are up for reelection every two years. In the Senate its 6 years so the seats up for reelection this Nov. would be the ones who happened to last have elections in 2012.
Thanks.

US mid-terms: Hackers expose 'staggering' voter machine flaws
BBC said:
Voting machines pose "serious risks" to US security, hackers are warning.

A report outlines major flaws in voting hardware, weeks before US mid-term elections.

One ballot machine, used in 23 US states, carries a cybersecurity flaw that was reported over a decade ago, the hackers claim.

Other machines tested include the AccuVote TSx, currently used by 18 US states. The system includes a smart card reader for users to cast votes, which the report says can be easily disconnected to "disrupt the election" process.

Attendees of the conference were also able to reprogramme voting smart cards wirelessly, using mobile phones.

On Tuesday, Republican Senator James Lankford said an election security bill, known as the Secure Elections Act, would not be passed by Congress ahead of the mid-term elections in November.

Earlier this year, an amendment for $250m (£192m) to increase spending on election security measures was blocked by Republican senators.

CNN did a segment with Coffman a few weeks ago. He was very unhappy about Trump. His district, although affluent is very diverse .
Trump's immigration rhetoric and policies have killed him.
Districts like that will be gone forever if the Republicans continue their current trajectory.

Still have no faith, am worried Kavannaugh thing will get repubs all riled up.

Back in Texas, visiting fam following my short stint in Hawaii. Took my doggos to the dog park this afternoon and drove trough a neighborhood with about a dozen Cruz signs in various yards. Saw one Beto sign mixed in.