2018 US Elections

Back in Texas, visiting fam following my short stint in Hawaii. Took my doggos to the dog park this afternoon and drove trough a neighborhood with about a dozen Cruz signs in various yards. Saw one Beto sign mixed in.
Wouldnt think too much of that - in fact, I wonder if that kind of in your face thing isn't going to backfire this time around. I saw something similar around here not that long ago during local elections. There was almost zero correlation between the overwhelming number of signs in support of Trump cultists, and the eventual outcome.

Heitkamp is toast.

If everything remains the same, Democrats win Missouri and Lying Ted wins Texas, how will the final results be? 50-50 with Pence deciding everything?

Heitkamp was in a difficult position anyway. Very Republican (despite being a Democrat) to energize the Democrats, while Republicans were going to vote for a Republican nominee most of the time.

Btw, wouldn't these polls be biased in favor of Republicans (being from Fox and all that)?

If everything remains the same, Democrats win Missouri and Lying Ted wins Texas, how will the final results be? 50-50 with Pence deciding everything?

They need to flip another seat if Bredesen doesn’t get TN

Heitkamp was in a difficult position anyway. Very Republican (despite being a Democrat) to energize the Democrats, while Republicans were going to vote for a Republican nominee most of the time.

Yeah, it’s expected. Tbh this news should be celebrated if the margin to flip the Senate isn’t so tight (look up her voting record, especially environmentally)

Btw, wouldn't these polls be biased in favor of Republicans (being from Fox and all that)?

Their polling and election forecast team is decent. B+ to A rating by 538.

So, as things are Dems need to win at least 2 out of TN, TX and Missouri? They are currently tied on Missouri and losing on the other two races. It doesn't look good, but to be fair, chances of them winning were always going to be slim.

Still hope for a surprise on TX.

So, as things are Dems need to win at least 2 out of TN, TX and Missouri? They are currently tied on Missouri and losing on the other two races. It doesn't look good, but to be fair, chances of them winning were always going to be slim.

Still hope for a surprise on TX.

They need to not lose any seats (highly improbable since Heidtkamp looks in big trouble and McCaskill is pretty much even in MO) and gain a few seats (most likely in AZ and NV, with outside shots in TN and TX).

At this point literally anything can happen - the Dems could finish as high as 51-49 or the Repubs could get as high as 54-46.

This cnut did it with Garland and he's doing it with Kavanope. Meanwhile, we tell ourselves that this nomination process is going to hurt the Republicans.

It will hurt them in the long run since its the Dems how will be animated to vote about this and a number of other things related to Trump.

Kavanaugh's theatrical performance during the hearing probably enthralled Republican supporters. "He cares for us!" "He's a Godly man!"

I've been forced to watch several hours of Fox for the past few days while visiting family - its a non-stop shower of praise on Kavanaugh, mocking of Dems pursuing whether he threw ice on someone decades ago, and questioning Ford's integrity.

I've been forced to watch several hours of Fox for the past few days while visiting family - its a non-stop shower of praise on Kavanaugh, mocking of Dems pursuing whether he threw ice on someone decades ago, and questioning Ford's integrity.

I'm not surprised. This is how some citizens see a man's man, ya know. And anything to hammer the Dems of course.

Too bad each GOP politician isn't asked, "What if this was your sister, or wife, or mom stating such against a sitting judge?" (They'd either not answer or would deflect somehow)

Repubs galvanizing behind Kavanaugh has resulted in bump in the polls

Turtle face is an evil genius. Everyone hates him (or at least dislikes him) but he seems to get stuff done. He send obstruction tactics on next level during Obama years, and that helped Republicans to win all elections. Not surprised when they'll win the senate again while we continue talking about a blue wave.

On the other hand, what he has done will have catastrophic consequences for US. His obstruction essentially made both parties completely partisan (which didn't ever happen before), and both his denial to get a vote for Obama's judge and the usage of nuclear option for SCOTUS has opened the Pandora box. I will laugh hilariously if Dems win the senate and then Trump fires AG, only to realize that the senate is not going to appoint the new one. If this insane partisanship continues, it is definitely possible that a president which doesn't control the senate won't be able to appoint cabinet members, SCOTUS and district judges making the governance very difficult. All thanks to this cnut who couldn't stand a black man as president.

Turtle face is an evil genius. Everyone hates him (or at least dislikes him) but he seems to get stuff done. He send obstruction tactics on next level during Obama years, and that helped Republicans to win all elections. Not surprised when they'll win the senate again while we continue talking about a blue wave.
I mean, the Senate is still probably theirs even with a 'blue wave'. If they still hold onto the house then the Dems should be worried.

I really respect him and people like him (there is one in India too, his name is Amit Shah). I don't understand the disdain people have for crooks like them. They understand politics and elections and are committed to their vision. OTOH, you have Chuck Schumer (or Rahul Gandhi in India)...

I mean, the Senate is still probably theirs even with a 'blue wave'. If they still hold onto the house then the Dems should be worried.
Yup, we were talking about a supermajority for them the night of Nov 6 2016. That the most likely outcome right now is Dem breaking even in the Senate and get the House is already fairly good.

Granted, they will still get their judicial appointments but otherwise their policy agenda will get stymied plus guarantee for Mueller to continue his work.

I really respect him and people like him (there is one in India too, his name is Amit Shah). I don't understand the disdain people have for crooks like them. They understand politics and elections and are committed to their vision. OTOH, you have Chuck Schumer (or Rahul Gandhi in India)...
Because he makes the lives of millions of people more difficult on daily basis, by pushing his crooked agenda?

He is good at what he does - no doubt there - but at the same time very harmful for an entire nation.

Because he makes the lives of millions of people more difficult on daily basis, by pushing his crooked agenda?

He is good at what he does - no doubt there - but at the same time very harmful for an entire nation.
What he meant is their method.

They understand that politics is a fight for supremacy, that what we have now is tyranny of the majority and we aren't living in utopia where everybody hold hands and settle their differences in pursuit of the common good. They stop at nothing to achieve and stay in power to serve their agenda, while liberals and the left are too busy squabbling against each other and arguing for decency and restraint in fecking politics.

Sure, but many people hate his tactics not just his agenda. He has a worldview, that religion and unregulated business are always the right answer, and he'll do his best to implement that and stop social liberalism and regulations or safety nets.

They understand that politics is a fight for supremacy, that what we have now is tyranny of the majority and we aren't living in utopia where everybody hold hands and settle their differences in pursuit of the common good.

Sorry to pick this out but considering that the majority didn't get their president und the intent behind the general senate election system that's not sounding true.

@Grinner that's the direction my question the other day was aimed at.

I think the only reason people are getting galvanized is because we are in election season now. Their are loads of annoying ads on telly and flyers getting posted in the mail. People are just getting bombarded so know a bit more about it now.

I think the only reason people are getting galvanized is because we are in election season now. Their are loads of annoying ads on telly and flyers getting posted in the mail. People are just getting bombarded so know a bit more about it now.

Agreed, but I subscribe to the notion that people individually get galvanized by different things like for example the prospect of a SC pick.

They need to not lose any seats (highly improbable since Heidtkamp looks in big trouble and McCaskill is pretty much even in MO) and gain a few seats (most likely in AZ and NV, with outside shots in TN and TX).

At this point literally anything can happen - the Dems could finish as high as 51-49 or the Repubs could get as high as 54-46.

I think the polls will get back to 'normal' after the Kavanaugh vote.

Either way I think ND is gone.

My gut feel is Dems get 50 but hopefully 51.

I don't blame the Electoral College at all.

Otherwise no one will visit the Mid West states.

Even though Hillary was a terrible candidate, Trump won by fluke.

It works.
In the span of 16 years, it happened twice.

Clearly it does not work.

As for those all important Mid West states, Washington DC and Puerto Rico has a thing or two to say about representation.

The majority under their arcane election rules.

Well, the fact that it's actually a minority that is doing the suppressing makes your point in effect even stronger. That there shouldn't really be suppressing. Electoral reform should be considered.