2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean that he has clearly realized that there are a large number of people in the country who want to hear some of the bigotry filled stuff he says and he has a much higher chance of winning if he gets all these people to vote for him. I find it hard to believe that he genuinely believes that if he became president then he will build a wall or that he will remove all Muslims
I more meant how does it seem clear that he's just fluffing?

this could have been sorted very quickly. Sanders campaign are guilty of course. But if this goes public in a court case it will discredit the DNC and Hillary because it will be seen how much Wasserman Shultz is in the bag for Hillary.

stupid.

this could have been sorted very quickly. Sanders campaign are guilty of course. But if this goes public in a court case it will discredit the DNC and Hillary because it will be seen how much Wasserman Shultz is in the bag for Hillary.

stupid.

How does this discredit the DNC if Sanders campaign is guilty? I presume if the infos were leaked, it would benefit the Sanders campaign more?

Shultz is preventing the Sanders campaign from accessing their own data. That is why they are suing the DNC.

I'm reading that they have proof that 4 servers from the Sanders campaign accessed the Clinton files and compile lists out of them. Sure, the punitive measure is an overreaction but that was a concerted effort from Bernie's folks to steal the info. It's not ok to enter someone's home without permission even if it's unlocked.

I'm reading that they have proof that 4 servers from the Sanders campaign accessed the Clinton files and compile lists out of them. Sure, the punitive measure is an overreaction but that was a concerted effort from Bernie's folks to steal the info. It's not ok to enter someone's home without permission even if it's unlocked.

the point is both could have handled it very fast. now teh GOP will capitalise.

The biggest issue is how Sanders supporters react should Hillary be the nominee. Hopefully tomorrow all this is behind them when they debate.

I'm starting to get interested in Christie. He's rising in the polls the hard way, by changing his underlying favourability numbers (i.e. not just increasing his vote share by increasing his name recognition as Carson and Trump did) from 46% favourable to 64% favourable in New Hampshire, and the more I see of him the more I like. The first video is particularly good.

You can disagree with the content of his message but you can see from audience response that he's got some game when it comes to relatively moderate Republicans. The question is, are there enough of those left in America?

Ed: obligatory Nate Silver counterargument: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/chris-christie-2016-president-republican-primary-overrated/

I think it's just the fact that they've gotten bigger, more voices means more disagreement, and more variance in quality. Silver personally is still golden for me - unless he turns out to be dramatically wrong about something, like maybe Trump's inevitable defeat.

Enten in particular is almost openly backing Christie, which makes me worried about relying on anything he writes. (He's also the one who wrote about Webb, if I have the right article - http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/jim-webb-would-make-a-good-anti-clinton-in-2016/)

Last edited:
Think they dropped that article. It was back in the heat of the email scandal. I distinctly remember the article's headline because of how ludicrous that was.

The problem with Christie is, that he´d face the same problem, that Romney encountered. He´ll have to fight on two fronts. He is already flip flopping from the center to the right and back and he´ll never fully convince anyone with that. He is the typical politician that changes his mind every 5 minutes depending on what helps him and the republican primary voters hate that. I can´t see him winning the primaries but even if he pulls that off, he´ll have no chance against Clinton.

:lol: That's brilliant.

There are 2 streams for the Democratic debate. One with ABC News team and one with the 538 crew coverage. This one should be saucier given what transpired the other day.

Watched 20 mins of this. The difference with the GOP one is so striking. It's a proper debate with proper moderators. There's actual specific policies being mentioned rather than talk in talking points.

Debate mostly centered on national security and ISIS. Sanders seems a bit frustrated now that he doesn't get to talk about his forte.

Overall I'd say O'Malley has been the most consistent, very good succinct answers. Sanders with the most impressive moments. Clinton with the most speaking time.

Watched 20 mins of this. The difference with the GOP one is so striking. It's a proper debate with proper moderators. There's actual specific policies being mentioned rather than talk in talking points.
Yet, it will have horrible ratings....people don't want substance, they want a 'show'

:(

Bernie is ranting here. 10 PM ET must be 90 mins beyond his bed time.

David Muir looks like Ace Ventura, Pet Detective and O'Malley is coming strong in this debate.

Sanders took the second round. O'Malley really disappointing after a good start, blowing his own trumpets at every opportunity.

Hillary is talking over the moderators far too frequently.

I'm starting to get interested in Christie. He's rising in the polls the hard way, by changing his underlying favourability numbers (i.e. not just increasing his vote share by increasing his name recognition as Carson and Trump did) from 46% favourable to 64% favourable in New Hampshire, and the more I see of him the more I like. The first video is particularly good.

You can disagree with the content of his message but you can see from audience response that he's got some game when it comes to relatively moderate Republicans. The question is, are there enough of those left in America?

Ed: obligatory Nate Silver counterargument: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/chris-christie-2016-president-republican-primary-overrated/

Can't stand the guy. Hated him calling Obama a feckless weakling. Consistently belittles people.

Status
Not open for further replies.