2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Kasich will drop out - he stands to be the 'not nuts option' for GoP donors who rightly hate both Trump and Cruz. I've been really unimpressed with Rubio to date, he'd always kind of been the sane one, but he's not really standing for anything.

Can't imagine if Clinton doesn't win NV and SC. Would be a surprise.

South Carolina is a lock for Hilary, the only question is the margin of victory. Nevada on the other hand is a toss up and Sanders has been working the State hard. I wouldn't be surprised to see IOWA MKII.

Think that one basically depends on how many non-Dems Sanders can get registered in time, if it's a lot then it looks like he could win.

Hillary stayed an extra day in NV yesterday to campaign, so clearly her internal polling numbers have her concerned Bernie could nick it at the last minute.

two machines at work with media to back them in the states fox and the republicans and msnbc and the dems.

I don't watch Fox/ I assume they are in the tank for Bush and Rubio?

But MSNBC has been disgraceful. Up Hillary's are. Making up stuff. Like that photo of Bernie in Chicago in the 60s. Capehart just made up shit it was not Bernie and it was someone else. and it was disgraceful...Matthews low ball interview with Hillary...lovefest.

But MSNBC has been disgraceful. Up Hillary's are. Making up stuff. Like that photo of Bernie in Chicago in the 60s. Capehart just made up shit it was not Bernie and it was someone else. and it was disgraceful...Matthews low ball interview with Hillary...lovefest.

Fox are for anyone other than Trump, mainly because of his beef with Ailes. Hannity imo is a Cruz fan. O'Reilly is for Trump because they are friends, and Rubio does quite well there as well.

MSNBC have been quite neutral on the Dem race imo.

Will be interesting to see Constitution fanboy Ted Cruz talk his way out of this one when Reagan took what is basically Obama's current position.

On the flip side, Maddow clearly loves Bernie and she's kind of the face of the network. Hillary will be afforded some slacks when it comes to the mainstream media in general but it's not true that they are completely in the tank for her, look at how quick they ran with the 'campaign in trouble' narrative after Iowa, let alone NH.

The big networks are driven by profits, and bar Fox which clearly has an ideological agenda, most of them just run with whatever they think will grab them viewers

Haley for Rubio is a sign that the R establishment is finally getting their collective thumb out of their collective ass. If they'd shown some balls earlier they wouldn't have inflicted Trump on themselves.

Are the parties obliged to elect their candidates this way? Seems to expensive, unseemly and counter productive.

I think I'd have lost the will to live if Labour held an East Riding of Yorkshire primary

Haley for Rubio is a sign that the R establishment is finally getting their collective thumb out of their collective ass. If they'd shown some balls earlier they wouldn't have inflicted Trump on themselves.

I dont know how well she'd play with their base though, or at least a section of their base, especially after she took one for the team after the Charleston shooting.

But yes, that's a very strong ticket, son/daughter of immigrants, Latino/Hindu, man/woman, good looking, executive experience (her), and looks sane enough to have crossover appeal. The only notable thing lacking in that ticket is, well, experience, but that doesn't play well this cycle anyway.

Anyone else watching the Town Hall coverage?

I dont know how well she'd play with their base though, or at least a section of their base, especially after she took one for the team after the Charleston shooting.

But yes, that's a very strong ticket, son/daughter of immigrants, Latino/Hindu, man/woman, good looking, executive experience (her), and looks sane enough to have crossover appeal. The only notable thing lacking in that ticket is, well, experience, but that doesn't play well this cycle anyway.
I thought she was raised Sikh before transitioning into a Methodist to appease her base?

just finished seeing Trump on the town hall debate. Classic stuff....you know he is right about the military cost. These armament companies own so many politicians. A big reason why military expenditure is through the roof.
Otherwise it was standard talking over the interviewers.

"Jeb Bush is a sad case...should give the money he is spending on negative adds to veterens" :lol:

It's disturbing how effective Cruz is at making Trump look like a common sense candidate.

Constitutionalist in chief Ted Cruz doesn't want Obama doing his constitutional duty.

He's all for reading the constitution word for word when he agrees with it. When he doesn't its all about unwritten rules.

Constitutionalist in chief Ted Cruz doesn't want Obama doing his constitutional duty.

He's all for reading the constitution word for word when he agrees with it. When he doesn't its all about unwritten rules.

I bet his argument is 'Constitutions says President can nominate, but it doesn't say he should'. cnut

Yes. Rubio will win over either Sanders or Hillary. I think I will put money on it soon.
I said before I think Rubio can win against either of the Dems... I cant see him winning against Trump though.

Next president
Clinton - evens
Trump 4/1
Rubio 8/1
Sanders 8/1
Cruz 20/1
Bush 20/1
Bloomberg 25/1

Winning party
De 4/6
Rep 11/8
Independent 25/1