Zlatan Rejoins United

How do you feel about Zlatan signing for another year?

• Total voters
I already wasn't happy with our summer business but now we have resigned Zlatan I really find it a very depressing window.

Resigning a 36 year old player coming back from serious injurry and paying him a full year of gigantic salary just to use him as a back-up for 6 months. This decision reeks of desperation.

How can this not be a good thing.

Absolute winner and and a driven mentality back in the dressing room. Hoping for a Henrik Larson/Cantona style influence when he's ready.

We where stronger than last year already in terms of ability and now we are even stronger in terms of mind.

As delighted as I am to see him in a red shirt again, I don't see how this fits tactically.

Lukaku is off with a bang and we've dished out £90mill on him so it seems pointless/harsh to make him second choice striker, unless we plan with going two up or playing Ibra in the no.10, which would restrict our other players.

My hope is he's happy to be squad player or involved in some rotational capacity, if thats the case then I'm all for it since his presence alone in the dressing room will be huge.

He would be a direct replacement for Lukaku. So I dont see us dropping Lukaku unless he is injured or rested or god forbid off form.

YAYYYY! Only just saw, chuffed to bits. We now have 4 options for striker and 3 options for number 10, we'll have loads of different competitions to compete in and boy will we need him.

Happy to have him back. He was a brilliant player for us last year but he was also a great personality around the team. We now have much better depth in the striking positions with him on board.

Happy to have him back. When is he due to return, November/December? Then probably another month maybe to get fully match fit. Just in time for the run :drool:

Good to have a player who scored 28 goals last year, but will he want to play every game when fit? Will this affect Lukaku? Will Jose try and accommodate them both in a new tactic? Be an interesting 2nd half of the season.

He would be a direct replacement for Lukaku. So I dont see us dropping Lukaku unless he is injured or rested or god forbid off form.

This would be the ideal scenario, but thats assuming he's happy to play second fiddle/backup to our main no.9, which I don't see.

This would be the ideal scenario, but thats assuming he's happy to play second fiddle/backup to our main no.9, which I don't see.

People said exactly the same about Rooney.

Ibra's not getting any younger and the injury will have been a bit of a shock. I'm sure he'll be open to the idea of being used sparingly this season.

People shouldn't be worried about Zlatan coming in and supposedly upsetting the team dynamic. It's a long season and we might play over 60+ games again. We need as much firepower as we can especially towards the end of the season. Injuries and form will also play a part and Zlatan will obviously have to prove he is able to compete again after the injury. He isn't going to walk into the side right now but it doesn't mean that we don't need him. Jose isn't stupid and hence why the club allowed him to use the training facilities in expectance of a possible return. I'm really excited now about the season and if we do win the league Zlatan will definitely play a big role. I'm pretty sure he will.

Reactions: Penna
I already wasn't happy with our summer business but now we have resigned Zlatan I really find it a very depressing window.

Resigning a 36 year old player coming back from serious injurry and paying him a full year of gigantic salary just to use him as a back-up for 6 months. This decision reeks of desperation.
You must have very few problems in life if you find this depressing. Get a grip.

I rather see Lukaku play we look like a much better with him in it instead of Ibra.

His inclusion might screw up the chemistry we managed to build.
Yes I would agree with that. We look a lot quicker in full out attack mode compared to last season.

Ibra's not getting any younger and the injury will have been a bit of a shock. I'm sure he'll be open to the idea of being used sparingly this season.
Really? The guy has an ego the size of Damian's cock mate - that ain't going to happen.

Lots of games for him, I'm sure he'll be happy to share the workload.

You gotta admire his desire. Nothing can stop zlatan than his own self.

Rooney's a very different situation though, he's been in decline for years now and its been clear he's often been a liability for us for some time. Zlatan scored 28 goals last season and didn't appear to have lost his clinical edge.

I guess we'll see the impact this injury has had.

He sign a 12month contract but halved his salary if I'm not wrong.He won't play until January as Lukaku back up.

Good news. A great influence on the rest of the squad as well as being able to get goals when we need them.

:wenger:

Imagine the physiological impact he will have on us and on our rivals.

Also the boost in latter stages of ucl campaign.

Really? The guy has an ego the size of Damian's cock mate - that ain't going to happen.

You are confusing Zlatan the marketing personna with Zlatan the person. Yes he has a lot of self-belief and a certain level of arrogance that many top pros have. But he's far more team oriented and selfless than people give him credit. I'm sure he realises his situation and his role has been discussed a lot between him and Mourinho.

:wenger:

Imagine the physiological impact he will have on us and on our rivals.

Also the boost in latter stages of ucl campaign.

I don't think any of our rivals is particulary bothered with us signing him, in fact I think many are quite happy we brought him back as the chance of disrupting the team is alot bigger with him in it.

If you still think any opponent dreads seeing this Zlatan, you are sorely mistaken. The guy is a relic.

Expecting Ibra as #10 and perhaps the occasional use of 4-4-2 with Ibra and Lukaku up top or 3-5-1-1 with Ibra as SS. He offers tactical flexibility.

The naysayers are going to be surprised when they see Ibra at #10 supplying Lukaku. He will be an upgrade on Mata and providing Mkhi retains his form, moving him from his current central role to RW in order to accomodate Ibra won't affect him much.

What a player and what an option to have for us. Whether as a starter or to bring on from the bench! He's a leader and a real captain and has so much experience so to have him with the squad is just brilliant. How can anyone be disappointed with Zlatan as an option to Manchester United.

Fantastic news

Great news. We need goal scorers, and Zlatan will provide us with more of that. Excellent option to rotate with Lukaku or to call from the bench when we need a goal from somewhere.

His experience that he brings to the dressing room is also vital, and he can still continue to impart his skills and knowledge to Rashford and Martial, even Lukaku too. Judging from last season, he will further improve the good mood at the club too.

Something not really mentioned is that Lindelof will benefit a lot from this too. Having a fellow Swede, and a legend at that, will only help him to settle better into the team and have another person that he can approach for help.

Arsenal
Lacazette
Sanchez?
Welbeck
Giroud

Chelsea
Morata
Costa?
Batshuayi
Remy

Liverpool
Firmino
Sturridge
Origi

City
Aguero
Jesus
Sterling

United
Lukaku
Ibrahimovic
Martial
Rashford

Tottenham
Kane
Alli
Son
Janssen

Even if Arsenal signs Sanchez or replaces him with Vardy... if Chelsea by some miracle re-signs Costa... I don't see how you can say that we have don't have the best attacking force in the EPL. And this is without even mentioning a midfield where the likes of Mata and Fellaini and even Herrera might be bench players. Oh, if only we could trade De Gea for Marcelo somehow... we could even compete for the Champions League title then.

Wheres the white text in this awful post?

:lol:
What should be the average age of our signings for you to consider it a successful window?

All our signings bar Lindelöf have hit the ground running. Get a grip.