Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.
Didn't that one run with an unlocked frame rate?
I think there's a 60fps cap, but I could be wrong.

I think you had to have the disc to get the unlocked framerate, and play it in offline mode so that the automatic update doesn't kick in that locks the fps. Something like that.

Basically, something not worth doing.

I think you had to have the disc to get the unlocked framerate, and play it in offline mode so that the automatic update doesn't kick in that locks the fps. Something like that.

Basically, something not worth doing.

Ah yes, this rings a bell. I'd never tried it before now. Saw it on sale for cheap last week and always wanted to try it out.

August gold games:

42e6a35028c05bca1ea1ba4fddb8180b.jpg

I've been hearing about this Turbo Golf Racing. Is it effectively Rocket League in a different skin?

Just watched the game play trailer and yeah. Skin isn't even that different to be honest with the cars and balls looking like they came from RL.

I'm not sure if you know this Damo but Rocket League didn't invite the shape and size of balls :rolleyes:

you're right though it does look like a knock off

Dreadful lineup this time. Hopefully they have something better for the second half of the month. Now that I've moved away from PS5 and Switch to have Series X as my go-to console I need them to provide me with GAMES.

Dreadful lineup this time. Hopefully they have something better for the second half of the month. Now that I've moved away from PS5 and Switch to have Series X as my go-to console I need them to provide me with GAMES.
Two point Campus is going to be amazing.

Not sure if this is the most appropriate place but I can't find a specific thread just for Game Pass; but Death Stranding is coming to PC GP on August 23rd. Not console as I assume Sony paid for the exclusivity there.

Not sure if this is the most appropriate place but I can't find a specific thread just for Game Pass; but Death Stranding is coming to PC GP on August 23rd. Not console as I assume Sony paid for the exclusivity there.
Death Stranding is Sony's IP. It's out on PC GP due to 505 Games being the publisher of it on PC.

Bought my eldest boy the Series S for his birthday since he kept moaning about it. I feel dirty because this is a Sony house but I didn't appreciate how good of a deal Game Pass is. That's my evening on the PC sorted out!

Just finished As Dusk Falls, basically binged it in a day and a half. Very very good experience and when I’ve spoken with a mate who finished it a couple weeks ago, it feels like we’ve played two different games - the decisions seem to have very heavy impact on how the story unfolds. It’s refreshing to see as many games these days give you impression of being able to influence things but still lead to the same conclusions.

Immortality is out on GP next week so I have finally given Telling Lies a try, and binged it in a day as well. It was super confusing at first but got interesting quickly.

Think it’s time to get down to Mass Effect finally. Never actually played any of the games in the series so it’s bound to be a good ride. In the meantime will also play GoW2, again a series I should have but had not played (finished 1st one recently, what a game).

Just finished As Dusk Falls, basically binged it in a day and a half. Very very good experience and when I’ve spoken with a mate who finished it a couple weeks ago, it feels like we’ve played two different games - the decisions seem to have very heavy impact on how the story unfolds. It’s refreshing to see as many games these days give you impression of being able to influence things but still lead to the same conclusions.
Oh nice. Do like this kind of games. Gonna give this a go.

Played some of As Dusk Falls. Only prob with choices in games is I'm always trying to second guess how the game is going to punish me for my choice. It's alright so far. Obviously can't really rate it til it's done.

Played some of As Dusk Falls. Only prob with choices in games is I'm always trying to second guess how the game is going to punish me for my choice. It's alright so far. Obviously can't really rate it til it's done.

Is that the interactive movie looking one or am I thinking of something else?

Interested in Immortality too. Just hit gamepass and getting really good reviews.

Is that the interactive movie looking one or am I thinking of something else?
Yeah usual interactive story type affair with choices. Apparently the choices do actually make a big difference in this one though. Wouldn’t say it’s like a movie. It’s mostly stills in quick succession but with voice acting. It’s quite a different style than I’m used to.

Yeah usual interactive story type affair with choices. Apparently the choices do actually make a big difference in this one though. Wouldn’t say it’s like a movie. It’s mostly stills in quick succession but with voice acting. It’s quite a different style than I’m used to.
It’s very good. I was a little peeved to learn that certain scenes (especially later on) play out the same way regardless of the choices that you make, but overall there does seem to be a lot of different paths and scenes based on the choices made throughout. And the voice acting is excellent.

the story is a bit Dallas but the characters are good enough to keep you going.

It’s very good. I was a little peeved to learn that certain scenes (especially later on) play out the same way regardless of the choices that you make, but overall there does seem to be a lot of different paths and scenes based on the choices made throughout. And the voice acting is excellent.

the story is a bit Dallas but the characters are good enough to keep you going.

Yeah choices do matter a lot. My friend was playing the game at the same time as me and when we discussed it at different points it was basically as if we were playing completely different games.

Immortality is fantastic BTW. I did enjoy Telling Lies but this is on a much higher level I feel. Super confusing but gets you hooked almost immediately.