Xavi Simons

Is there any merit to the United rumor anyway? Isn't that The Sun saying it?

He did play LW for the most time because Leipzig mainly plays 4-4-2 without CAM.

He was also great there but he played the role like for example Iniesta played that role. Or a bit like Foden as RW.
So he is quite different from a Nico Williams.
Thanks for the helpful context.

Good comparisons and yes, definitely not a Nico Williams - who I would love, but don't think he's moving outside of Spain.

Did you watch the matches beyond the scoreboard? He was terrible in almost all games. 2 of his "assists" on Gakpo were him giving a 4 meter pass and Gakpo beating his man and scoring from outside of the box.

I think he can become a great player, but he had a shite Euros.

By that logic every attacking player was rubbish this euros

His tournament has indeed been underwhelming and is masked by his scorer numbers. But he had a truly outstanding season.

I dont think it helps Xavi that he has Memphis play in front of him. Memphis will never make an off the ball run but instead drop deep into Xavi his area. Must be a huge difference from playing with Openda.

I dont think it helps Xavi that he has Memphis play in front of him. Memphis will never make an off the ball run but instead drop deep into Xavi his area. Must be a huge difference from playing with Openda.
I think Xavi will be fine with Kane, Olise and Musiala... :angel:

By that logic every attacking player was rubbish this euros
I dunno, those Spanish dudes looked pretty good. As did Musiala. For us Gakpo was far better for instance.

To be fair to Simons, he started on the right wing, which is not his position, then played as a 10, which he also doesn't really do at Leipzig. I'm sure he'll find his groove, but so far, meh.

I don't know where he'd fit in.

If we are spending 50/60m for a player, they need to fit into the starting 11.

Doubt the reliability of the link, and it stinks of a Bayern signing but would love if it somehow happened. Type of player you find a way to fit into the side.

Another Dutch player, this is getting farcical. He's decent but no thanks, he's not what we need. If we're going to sign a Dutch midfielder then Koopmeiners is the one to get.

I dunno, those Spanish dudes looked pretty good. As did Musiala. For us Gakpo was far better for instance.

To be fair to Simons, he started on the right wing, which is not his position, then played as a 10, which he also doesn't really do at Leipzig. I'm sure he'll find his groove, but so far, meh.

The Spanish guys like Williams who has 1 goal and 1 assist in 5 games, for a team much more on top of games than Netherlands?

Lamal has exactly the same end product as Xavi Simons so fair enough he's had end product as well

I think hes very good, but not really what we need at the moment

Xavi is one of the best talents around and can play on either wings, although his future lies centrally. I think he hasn't even shown his true potential at the Euros yet. His versatilty would help us a lot, and we can slowly prepare for a future without Bruno in case he wants to go to the desert in a few years.

if you could get him for a decent fee then it is a no brainer....he's fecking MILES better than bloody Mason Mount

hope he goes to Bayern. No doubta very talented player, feels over hpyed to me...looked awesome at PSV,his other spells all looked good but he does to mefeel like one of those players doesnt quite ideally fitinto any position....Isnt a winger, isntreallyan attacking inside forward andnot yet convincedhe becomesan elite 10.

Bayern havealso bid for Doue and for me he is a player that DOES exel in ALL of those positions....think he atually has a higher ceiling than Xavi, costs less and initially smaller wages. Xavi will be a very good player with a good career....Doue potentially is a superstar

I don't know where he'd fit in.

If we are spending 50/60m for a player, they need to fit into the starting 11.

I have a bridge called Mount I think you might be interested in.

Swap him for Antony or Casemiro or give them both would be good business.

Interesting quote from ETH, which is very unlike him and United as we don’t tend to openly talk about an individual outside of OT, unless we play against this club in the upcoming fixture.

‌Ten Hag said: “I enjoyed Xavi Simons in that game (against England). The drive he has, the passion with which he conquers balls and recognises situations are top. His enormous drive as well. That is almost un-Dutch. I think you can see that he was trained abroad. He almost has a southern European doggedness in his game.”

Doesn't he mainly occupy the same space on the pitch that Bruno, Mount and Zirkzee do?

Or would it be for right wing?

100% makes sense after missing out on Olise. Would be a really smart move by ETH

Why did we sign all those directors when manager is again picking his targets? Another average player from Holland, you couldn't make this shit up(and hopefully this is made up by media).

Seems to be adding more headaches to the squad than solving glaring issues, imo. I don’t see the issue with a loan, per se - with a buy obligation only if we’re planning ahead and Bruno wants to head off next season. Otherwise there’s no point in this signing.

Why did we sign all those directors when manager is again picking his targets? Another average player from Holland, you couldn't make this shit up(and hopefully this is made up by media).

Because he isn’t picking his targets solely. They are players that they like and are interested in.