Xavi Simons

£84m rumours must be getting drummed up by his agents or PSG surely. Good player, wouldnt be my first choice but if we are considering anywhere near that fee would be madness

£84m rumours must be getting drummed up by his agents or PSG surely. Good player, wouldnt be my first choice but if we are considering anywhere near that fee would be madness
Seems way out the norm of INEOS targets and budget this summer for a player that is very exciting but I'm not quite sure where he would fit into our squad even with Sancho possibly out. Maybe on a loan ? But still the same positional problem and no guarantees he would be a starter which I would imagine is not what he seeks.

Please no Xavi Simons. He is not all that. Getting Poborsky vibes. Solid Euro but not elite level.

Please no Xavi Simons. He is not all that. Getting Poborsky vibes. Solid Euro but not elite level.
I mean, coveted elite talent ever since his teens, best youth player and best scorer of Eredivisie (tied) at 19, Bundesliga first XI of the Players Union there... It's not just a solid Euro.

I mean, coveted elite talent ever since his teens, best youth player and best scorer of Eredivisie (tied) at 19, Bundesliga first XI of the Players Union there... It's not just a solid Euro.
Why would PSG sell him then if he is so good?

Why would PSG sell him then if he is so good?

He apparently has a particular deal with them, can basically demand loans when and where he wants. It's been covered earlier in the thread. It's not clear he plans on ever being a fixture at PSG. Besides it's football, everything has a price.

I’m convinced that on my lunch break around 2pm I saw Romano tweets and other sources via Instagram saying we were in for him, favourites, ETH big fan, 84 mil, wages agreed.

Come on the CAF and see no mention of this and very little discussion. Did I dream this in some sort of overworked haze and just a mental lapse from having to work with idiots all morning or did these things actually happen.

I did think splashing out 85 mil was a bit much mind but it’s been a few days since Yoro and I need more transfers to subdue Muppet fever. I’m turning green and fuzzy.

I’m convinced that on my lunch break around 2pm I saw Romano tweets and other sources via Instagram saying we were in for him, favourites, ETH big fan, 84 mil, wages agreed.

Come on the CAF and see no mention of this and very little discussion. Did I dream this in some sort of overworked haze and just a mental lapse from having to work with idiots all morning or did these things actually happen.

I did think splashing out 85 mil was a bit much mind but it’s been a few days since Yoro and I need more transfers to subdue Muppet fever. I’m turning green and fuzzy.

You probably saw this

He's contracted until June 2027 at PSG so he could possibly do one or two more loans and in 2025/2026 pick whether he want to extend at PSG or get his pick elsewhere.

He's contracted until June 2027 at PSG so he could possibly do one or two more loans and in 2025/2026 pick whether he want to extend at PSG or get his pick elsewhere.
His career has been a constant build-up just like Mbappe. Where will he go next?

He apparently has a particular deal with them, can basically demand loans when and where he wants. It's been covered earlier in the thread. It's not clear he plans on ever being a fixture at PSG. Besides it's football, everything has a price.
If hes that good to warrant such freedom, why aren’t they playing him

If hes that good to warrant such freedom, why aren’t they playing him
As I said, he's good enormous latitude in his contract to enforce his demands for loans. I don't know it's so much PSG doesn't want to play him (though with Messi/Mbappé/Neymar and even last season with Dembelé/RKM/Mbappé+Barcola he probably wouldn't have had as much minutes) that the fact he is obviously maxing his opportunity for growth by being a starter at PSV and RBL.