Would you accept relegation to feck the Glazers off?

So lets get this right..

United get into debt, but Glazer, being the nice chap he is, will keep all the assets and then let the banks come in and sell them on as a whole going concern....

Well thats my theory fecked up, because I thought Glazer would sell as many assets as he could to try and keep the banks away from United..

Yup, Glazer is in debt. He will keep all the high earning players, he will keep the most valuable players, and he will just let the interest keep mounting up and up, then once he realises he cant pay it he will just hand the whole lot over to the banks and say "sorry"

Yes he would keep those high earning players around Fred.
As I have said in my previous post United are worth fair more than the sum of their parts.

If the Glazers got into trouble paying the debt it would make absolutely no sense to start selling players to cover it.

For example if we sold Ronney and Ronaldo because they were are in trouble we might get £50m-60m for the pair of them BUT the value of United would probably drop by around £120m. We would be selling what makes the club such a huge marketing tool to that cnut of a Glazer.

I don't like him around the club, but he is no fool.
It would make no sense selling players to cover the debt in order to keep his asset from the banks because in the process he would be destroying the value of the asset he is trying to keep.

It would make much more financial sense to sell the club as a whole or bring in another equity investor.

NO NO NO, never in a trillion years...

Have you actually thought it through? We get relegated, Glazer sells out, then what? We'd be in the hand of some venture capitalists or something.

Whats the problem with the Glazers??? (Dont get me wrong I am not 'pro' Glazer)

OK we are in debt but all the people who thought they would ruin club

e.g. change the name, not give Fergie money to buy players,.....

However its still called Old Trafford the last time I looked and we have just spent millions this summer

The Glazers ownership and the way they took over was shit, but they will never never ruin the legacy of this club.

From reading the stories of Martin Edward's time as chairman, after he took over from his father, where he basically shit on the fans and cared nothing about the club, I would gather he was quite similar to the Glazers. If he couldn't ruin the legacy, the Glazers won't.

United is bigger than the Glazers and no matter how much they trample on the fans, they will never destroy the legacy of this club.

agree. the football hasn't changed, only gotten better since they came on, we've bought new players.. i'm no financial expert so i dont know much about the debt.. as long as it doesn't affect what goes on in the pitch, it's not important. the anti-yank resentment aside, the glazers are businessmen.. yea sure they might not know or care about united or football in general, but they won't purposely screw the club over.. there's no profit in that. they want united to succeed, they want to keep the fanbase happy, and even expand the club in many ways.

no i would not want relegation just because of the glazers. as REdcanadian said, united is bigger than the glazers so stop whining and worrying about them.

However its still called Old Trafford the last time I looked and we have just spent millions this summer

The debt could potentially ruin the club.

We haven't spent millions because of Mr Glazer reaching into his pocket, that's come from last year's earnings and we haven't actually spent that much anyways (net).

He has increased ticket prices by 50% since he's been here and introduced the ACS, (which is the main reason I didn't get a season ticket this year as it could potentially add on another £500 to the cost of a season ticket).

agree. the football hasn't changed, only gotten better since they came on, we've bought new players.. i'm no financial expert so i dont know much about the debt.. as long as it doesn't affect what goes on in the pitch, it's not important. the anti-yank resentment aside, the glazers are businessmen.. yea sure they might not know or care about united or football in general, but they won't purposely screw the club over.. there's no profit in that. they want united to succeed, they want to keep the fanbase happy, and even expand the club in many ways.

no i would not want relegation just because of the glazers. as REdcanadian said, united is bigger than the glazers so stop whining and worrying about them.

The football hasn't gotten better because of them though, I hope you realise that.

It is important because it affects the club as a whole and the fans, I don't know if you realise we are hundreds of millions of pounds in debt - you don't need to be a financial expert to know that's bad. Of course they want United to succeed and don't want to intentionally screw the club over but it looks as though Glazer has bitten off more than he can chew.

They're not doing a fantastic job of keeping the fanbase happy, are they? Season tickets have gone on open sale for the first time in over a decade.

Hypothetical situation only, but I would without doubt. Obviously as a United fan it wouldn't be nice to see us come down from the top tier, but these days I feel so disenchanted with some sections of our support and the cnuts running our club that I think that it wouldn't be too bad a scenario. We'd feck off the gloryhunters only in it for trophies, get back the hardcore and with that kind of strong support the club would rise again in no time. It would also be a bit of a laugh turning up at places like Colchester with thousands of Reds (the faces of the locals could be interesting).
Sounds like drink and/or drugs behind this one.

And get back the hardcore... so hardcore they've gone away in the first place?

I don't know if you realise we are hundreds of millions of pounds in debt - you don't need to be a financial expert to know that's bad.

Just a small point but in the financial world debt isn't always considered to be a bad thing.
Some top company bosses would be castigated by shareholders if the company debt was TOO LOW.

Well at least it looks like the US Federal Reserve will probably lower interest rates at their next meeting, at least that's what the analysts in my firm are predicting. Any decrease in rates will help the debt woes, as long as Glazer does the smart thing and maintains payments at the current level, which will allow for more of the principal on his loans to be paid.

What will be interesting to see the longer the debt issue continues is whether or not he decreases the payments in a market with decreasing interest rates because, if he does that, any supporter who isn't worried about his methods should get worried. It will show that he isn't interested in paying off the debt as quickly as possible as he will miss out on the opportunity to decrease the amortization period for the loan.

Just a small point but in the financial world debt isn't always considered to be a bad thing.
Some top company bosses would be castigated by shareholders if the company debt was TOO LOW.

This is true in one sense. Carrying debt isn't always a bad thing, but carrying a debt load that, if interest rates increase, could result in payments too high to be covered, which in turn could lead to loan default, are a bad thing.

Problem is that no one has seen inside the Glazers books.

No.....I was around 21 when we got relegated so I remember it well. Awful feeling...and I would never want it to happen again.
We bounced back. It was obvious from early on that we would get promoted and even that we would make a good First Division side. Winning (even in Div 2) was a nice change after two years of an awful team. Reading match reports about playing the likes of York City v United wasnt so great.

Football business in the 1970s was way different from today. Spurs got relegated, Chelsea I think also (maybe 1980s) Newcastle, Aston Villa. A lot more teams were potential champions then....a lot more potentially relegated.

So in 21st century, I just think its highly unlikely that we would get relegated again.
I dont like the Glaziers and Im a pessimist about money troubles ahead but not to the extent that Id ever want United relegated.

The football hasn't gotten better because of them though, I hope you realise that.

It is important because it affects the club as a whole and the fans, I don't know if you realise we are hundreds of millions of pounds in debt - you don't need to be a financial expert to know that's bad. Of course they want United to succeed and don't want to intentionally screw the club over but it looks as though Glazer has bitten off more than he can chew.

They're not doing a fantastic job of keeping the fanbase happy, are they? Season tickets have gone on open sale for the first time in over a decade.

i do realize that

i know being that deep in debt is bad, but again until it affects what happens on the pitch, i'm holding my breath. i'll give them a chance to solve the debt problems, and if they don't then y'all can bitch and compalin all you want

Well at least it looks like the US Federal Reserve will probably lower interest rates at their next meeting, at least that's what the analysts in my firm are predicting. Any decrease in rates will help the debt woes, as long as Glazer does the smart thing and maintains payments at the current level, which will allow for more of the principal on his loans to be paid.

What will be interesting to see the longer the debt issue continues is whether or not he decreases the payments in a market with decreasing interest rates because, if he does that, any supporter who isn't worried about his methods should get worried. It will show that he isn't interested in paying off the debt as quickly as possible as he will miss out on the opportunity to decrease the amortization period for the loan.

I fully expect the Glazers to refinance large parts of the loans once the financial markets stabilize and interest rates come down, probably increasing the time to maturity to decrease annual payments.

Bar them forcing us into debts, I so far have no reason to hate Glazers. They've backed Ferguson with the cash for new players and our team has been playing some beautiful football.

No, I wouldn't accept the relegation in exchange for Glazers leaving.

Hypothetical situation only, but I would without doubt. Obviously as a United fan it wouldn't be nice to see us come down from the top tier, but these days I feel so disenchanted with some sections of our support and the cnuts running our club that I think that it wouldn't be too bad a scenario. We'd feck off the gloryhunters only in it for trophies, get back the hardcore and with that kind of strong support the club would rise again in no time. It would also be a bit of a laugh turning up at places like Colchester with thousands of Reds (the faces of the locals could be interesting).

you sir are :wenger:

If we relegated we will be constantly humiliated by opponent fans for many years to come. No I don't want to go through that, but I will still support Man United though, all the way.

i give up......

it was never about what happened immediatly after the take over...its our long term future that is in danger

what an idiotic thing to suggest

hypothetically, if United were to be relegated the Glazers would more than likely asset strip everything & sack the manager. Do you want the club to go into freefall?

No.

cnuts always run our club - we've never liked any of the recent owners. I wouldn't want to ruin the club just so I could feel a bit more superior to some gloryhunting muppet.

what a fecking ridiculous thread.at the end of the day its what happens on the pitch that counts.

So in short, My heart says no way, dont ever want to go through the humiliation of relegation, but my head says that perhaps we may get a better United if it somehow did happen, so it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

You should be right behind the Glazer's debt scheme then, as there's a chance their borrowing will give you what your head - if not your heart - desires.

So lets get this right..

United get into debt, but Glazer, being the nice chap he is, will keep all the assets and then let the banks come in and sell them on as a whole going concern....

Well thats my theory fecked up, because I thought Glazer would sell as many assets as he could to try and keep the banks away from United..

Yup, Glazer is in debt. He will keep all the high earning players, he will keep the most valuable players, and he will just let the interest keep mounting up and up, then once he realises he cant pay it he will just hand the whole lot over to the banks and say "sorry"

And what would he gain from that? Apart ruining his reputation and ruining his best investment.

No. Is this a wind up cloaked behind a "hypothetical" question? Relegation was bad enough last time, but it would be a whole lot worse now.

in a word no. We'd lose MUCH more then the Glazers

Where is fred gone

I went away to cry because I've realised just how many of our fans are more interested in silverware than anything else..

Look at it "oooooh no, we cant drop out the top four that would be the end of United"..

fecking clueless bastards...

I went away to cry because I've realised just how many of our fans are more interested in silverware than anything else..

Look at it "oooooh no, we cant drop out the top four that would be the end of United"..

fecking clueless bastards...

What the feck do you want, do you care about the actual football?

What the feck do you want, do you care about the actual football?

I care about MUFC not the fecking silverware...

If thats all people want then go sell your arses to fecking Abramovich...

Yes he would keep those high earning players around Fred.
As I have said in my previous post United are worth fair more than the sum of their parts.

If the Glazers got into trouble paying the debt it would make absolutely no sense to start selling players to cover it.

For example if we sold Ronney and Ronaldo because they were are in trouble we might get £50m-60m for the pair of them BUT the value of United would probably drop by around £120m. We would be selling what makes the club such a huge marketing tool to that cnut of a Glazer.

I don't like him around the club, but he is no fool.
It would make no sense selling players to cover the debt in order to keep his asset from the banks because in the process he would be destroying the value of the asset he is trying to keep.

It would make much more financial sense to sell the club as a whole or bring in another equity investor.

What about this point fred

I care about MUFC not the fecking silverware...

If thats all people want then go sell your arses to fecking Abramovich...

I still don't get it. Are you saying you'd rather have a championship club that acted like an angel but never achievedd anything or you just think long term gain can be achieved by getting rid of the Glazers etc.?