Who was your favourite player as a kid?

When I was very young it was Warren Barton because he had a bowl cut like me. Then when I grew into a wiser 7 year old P-Ro, my favourite player was Robbie Earle.

Bryan Robson “pure gold”
The whole main reason I started supporting United. Was and still amazed how good he was. Carried United for so long.

Beckham, then Scholes. Forlan in my teens

Zola was my favourite non United. And the legendary Babangida who I never actually watched play but was an obligatory purchase on master league

Beckham, then Scholes. Forlan in my teens

Zola was my favourite non United. And the legendary Babangida who I never actually watched play but was an obligatory purchase on master league
Yeah :lol:
M'Boma or Denilson were usually my first ML signings.

I liked Rooney more than Ronaldo. So definitely Rooney. Maybe because he looked a little bit like the vocalist of Good Charlotte. And Im into the band's music at the time.

Kevin Keegan. Seen him under Shanks a few times. Im old

Van Basten
Maldini

Moved to Holland in 1982 and lived there for 10 years during the golden era of Dutch football / Milan

Only players since that late 80s era that I’d say I would have a duvet / posters hanging up of in my bedroom of if I were a kid in a latter era would have been R9 / Ronaldinho / Nesta -

Not that I want to, but I can’t seem to connect with modern footballers and this tik tok era

To avoid just repeating names on here given I liked many United players, players I loved who played at other clubs throughout my life were.

Roberto Ayala
Jefferson Farfan
Okacha
Riquelme
Batigol
Wanchope

The White Pele
Gareth Barry?
Or Parlour, the Romford Pele

Huega, or whetever the guy with long hair from Captain Tsubasa was called :lol:

Own club: Ian Wright, Paddy Vieira, Henry. Predictable really.

Foreign clubs: Ronaldo Nazario, Batistuta, Zidane

Favourite from rivals/other PL: Zola, Fowler, Asprilla, Giggs back in his early days when he was fast AF.

Norman Whiteside.

Mark Hughes. (I use to try and hit volleys all the time and shout his name out at school. I even tried a scissor kick in the playground once). Great times!

Norman Whiteside but wasn’t a kid more like late teens
He was my favourite player growing up. It's hard to believe he is only one year older than Teddy Sheringham. If he never got injured and was teetotal, Whiteside could have been the hero in the CL final in 1999. That's sounds weird, but could have been a dream corne true!

Jesper Olsen was my first favourite Utd player, non Utd was probably toss up between Romario and Stoichkov.

Had a season or two where it was Louis Saha, but otherwise I remember it always being Waz

Giving away my age I guess, but as a kid probably Papin (and Zubizarreta as I was playing goalie a lot). Papin is still probably my favorite striker, especially for Marseille. Closely followed by Romario.

For United when I started following them properly (I think it was 1987/88?) - Bruce, Robson, and McClair.