Which player do you think will surprise everyone this season?

While Bruno is very creative (98 percentile for progressive passes), he has low pass completion (30 percentile). He also doesn't offer anything as far as carrying the ball upfield. Sancho offers not as elite progressive pass numbers (81 percentile) but a much higher pass completion rate plus progressive carries. As the team starts to dominate possession higher up the field ball retention will be critical and I think Bruno will come under the microscope at some point.

With the signing of Zirkee, i think that he is a player that will require runners behind (so rashford/bruno) while Rasmus will require more chance creators for him.

That’s because Bruno is constantly looking up trying to play progressive passes while Sancho slows up play and passes short and sideways

Amad.

He has been criminally overlooked by Ten Hag although I understand the need to play Antony (because of the huge fee) but come on now just play the kid. He has the potential to be our best winger, he is that good !

Decision making, first touch, finishing, shooting, passing, finesse, fast & furious this kid is !

Amad.

He has been criminally overlooked by Ten Hag although I understand the need to play Antony (because of the huge fee) but come on now just play the kid. He has the potential to be our best winger, he is that good !

Decision making, first touch, finishing, shooting, passing, finesse, fast & furious this kid is !
He is already in the lineup since the end of last season. Wasn‘t playing because he was injured and needed time to get match fit.

He is already in the lineup since the end of last season. Wasn‘t playing because he was injured and needed time to get match fit.
This is Ten Hag explanation but he did come back from his knee injury long time ago and should have played much more.

Last edited:
This is Ten Hag explanation but he did come back from his knee injury long time ago and should have play much more.
Diallo was on the bench vs Wolves (Feb 1st), then WestHam, Aston Villa, Luton, and Fulham (where he played...11 minutes).

I find it hard to believe that a player is on a bench, but not fit to play. Amad started his first game last season May 12th (when he was already fit for 3 months). So yeah, clearly ETH didn't fancy him for whatever reason.

Zirkzee. Will give us a profile we haven't had for a while now and help unlock Rashford.

I hope it’s Diallo! Maybe ETH will have a little more faith and he eventually gets more time in the team. There is a quality player there waiting to be unleashed

While Bruno is very creative (98 percentile for progressive passes), he has low pass completion (30 percentile). He also doesn't offer anything as far as carrying the ball upfield. Sancho offers not as elite progressive pass numbers (81 percentile) but a much higher pass completion rate plus progressive carries. As the team starts to dominate possession higher up the field ball retention will be critical and I think Bruno will come under the microscope at some point.
If the team starts to dominate possession higher up the field, it will make Bruno more effective, not less. And Sancho is very, very far off his level of impact, on the ball and off it.

I've a good feeling about Yoro. Dalot doesn't need a huge amount of improvement to transition from a solid to a top class RB. And if Onana can reduce his number of big bloopers from 5-10 to 2-3, he'd look a lot like a first rate goalkeeper.

A return to form by Rashford is also obviously possible, and Amad has a clear potential to be a high-impact attacker. Zirksee too. Højlund could plausibly make major strides. Mount has a pretty easy path to be much-improved, given he's hardly played.

Don't believe much in Eriksen, Casemiro, Hannibal, Antony or Sancho, and I don't think Shaw, Lindelof, Maguire, McTominay or Wan-Bissaka have potential gears we haven't seen yet.

Diallo was on the bench vs Wolves (Feb 1st), then WestHam, Aston Villa, Luton, and Fulham (where he played...11 minutes).

I find it hard to believe that a player is on a bench, but not fit to play. Amad started his first game last season May 12th (when he was already fit for 3 months). So yeah, clearly ETH didn't fancy him for whatever reason.
In his cameos he wasn‘t convincing for a while. Sometimes it takes time to get back from an injury.

As soon as he started to contribute he got himself into the team.

He looked sharp against Rangers too, I expect him to be one of the core players this season.

Last edited:
Considering what an absolute shite show last season was, literally any one of 20 players would surprise by having a consistently decent season, free from injury.
But I will pin my hopes on Rashford producing something like that purple patch from the League Cup winning season.

PS - It would be great to see Amass, Collyer & Amad given decent game time.

Could also just be Rashford, assuming people are heavily doubting him.

His combined league goals+assist tallies in recent seasons:

23/24: 9
22/23: 22
21/22: 6
20/21: 20
19/20: 24

I don't think it should be particularly suprising if a player who blows that hot and cold suddenly has a 20+ returns season again, but I suspect a lot of people here would be surprised.

I'm hoping Collyer will break into the team - if we don't land Ugarte or Fofana

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by everyone, the whole team.

If the team plays well, then you often find the players that are playing will generally also play well. Rare you see teams that are playing very well, with players who are slated week in, week out for being rubbish after all.

Whereas if the team plays badly, then it is easy to judge many players in that team for playing badly. Whereas, in reality, poor performances from an individual isn't always their fault, but the fact the team around them is poor and they are basically feeding off scraps, not getting passed to, no easy passes on, etc.

So, let us hope Man Utd are immense this season, with no more than a few injuries. Hopefully most key players stay fit. Let us see Antony win the Premier League Player of the Year, Hojlund score 40 goals, 20+ clean sheets for Onana and his defence, etc. Sounds good to me that.

Based on absolutely nothing, Ive convinced myself that we're going to see Dalot play DM. Happy for this to go down as the worst prediction in the sites history. It's maybe driven by the fact that we're obsessing over right back despite a far more glaring issue on the other side.

Mason Mount.
It will be like a new signing

Probably Mount, I want to say Antony but I'm not sure I truly believe it.

People will pretend surprise if Rashford has a good season, but the truth is we all know what he can be capable of.

Mount. By actually being able to play hes going to come in really handy being able tp play different roles when needed.

Antony when hes a revelation at RWB.

And in the biggest of ironies Sancho at fullback will be incredible.

Sancho Mount and Onana. Yoro is going to play a lot. I think it’ll be like DDG at the start. A few howlers but solid by the end of the first season and gradually turning into one of the best in the league

Mount and Amad. They are fit and ready to go.

Mason Mount.

I hate the phrase, but he is actually 'like a new signing. He barely strung two starts together last season but has almost 50 caps for England and has won a Champions League - he's a very solid 8/10 PL player that hopefully can stay injury-free.

Collyer and Mount

Mount if he stays fit or Amad if he's consistently selected for the starting XI

I'm ruling out Case and Antony and definitely ruling out Sancho.

Mason Mount. He has to give something, anything for that matter. Imagine paying 100m for VdB & Mount and getting absolute nothing... Bruno probably has stamina for whole season, but his concentration levels are clearly not enough to play every game on highest level, let alone help reach higher place in the table.

One of Sancho or Antony need to step up, otherwise, we're in trouble. Rashford need to redefine his entire game, too.

Any solid 10 consecutive games from them would be somekind of surpirse.

Agreed. The others, my hope is slim

100% agree. Both superb tonight.

Mount, Antony, Casemiro.

Malacia, Dalot, Amad all to improve again.

Mount and Amad….and if Sancho is still here……maybe him too

Mount is a quality player and one that’s often forgotten or written off because of the season he had. A fit Mount will make a lot of people change their opinion on him as a signing

I think Mount will surprise everyone. Looks really sharp so far in pre season. I also think Yoro will surprise a few people, I know we all can see a promising player but I think he’ll show us that he’s a top player at such a young age.

Surprise United supporters: Mason Mount. This is an England international starter who's been completely written off due to injuries.

Surprise everyone else: Amad. I've been fully on the Amad hypetrain since his Sunderland loan and been so annoyed he hasn't got a real chance here.

Mount :lol:

Friendly bet to any of you that he'll begin another long-term injury at least before the end of September. Probably much sooner.

Didn't even make it to the end of August.

Unfortunately the inevitable happened. Not happy about it but it was never realistic that he was going to be the surprise player this season. His body is broken like when we got Hargreaves.

Unfortunately the inevitable happened. Not happy about it but it was never realistic that he was going to be the surprise player this season. His body is broken like when we got Hargreaves.
I love it.

Let's sign Sterling.

Zirkzee. I've only watched him a little but I think he is better than Hojlund. He's quicker, bigger, faster, and better with the ball. Besides that, he has such a cool name.

Amad might become a 10 goal and 10 assist player.

The season has finished already??
That was quick!

Zirkzee. I've only watched him a little but I think he is better than Hojlund. He's quicker, bigger, faster, and better with the ball. Besides that, he has such a cool name.

Amad might become a 10 goal and 10 assist player.
Will soon become the talisman of the team; physical presence and deft touch giving echoes of Cantona and Zlatan.

Zirkzee!

I have a feeling he is a total beast of a forward and hugely underrated. I like everybody we signed, but I think others have appropriate expectations attached to them, while many don't expect too much from Zirkzee and I feel like they are wrong

I hope he can be a sensational new striker in premier league and help us win the Europa

Mo Salah. It’s a contract year, dippers or no dippers. It’s payday baby. Play.Out.Of.His.Skin