Which player do you think will surprise everyone this season?

Mount will 'surprise' me if he plays more than 10 games, so it's a pretty cheap shout.

Probably Hojlund. Or Diallo.

Mount. By actually being able to play hes going to come in really handy being able tp play different roles when needed.

Antony when hes a revelation at RWB.

And in the biggest of ironies Sancho at fullback will be incredible.
Mount will surprise many fans just because nobody (or very few people) seem to rate him. What is a bit strange because there's definitely a good player there, just need to stay fit.

He might not be a starter, but will prove to be very useful I am sure of it.

It's Diallo's breakthrough season imo

Not a single one mention Zirkzee? For me he tick all the boxes. Hope he could reach 10 plus 10 in all comps. That would be a good first season!

Not a single one mention Zirkzee? For me he tick all the boxes. Hope he could reach 10 plus 10 in all comps. That would be a good first season!
A cross of Felaini and Zirkzee would tick a lot of boxes. Imagine that!

Onana. If the team plays to his strengths, which it didn't last season, he'll make a big difference to our game strategy.

I think as a team we'll be a lot stronger so i think this could apply to a number of players. vs last season, I expect a lot more from:

Onana - tough first season
Shaw - injury problems last season
Leny - obvious reasons!
Licha - injury problems last season
Mainoo - a full season as a starting CM
Amad - great end to the season, full season as a regular starter
Mount - Injury problems last season
Sancho - definite improvement on last season expected
Hojlund - i felt he did ok, but expecting a gear change next season
Rashford - horrible season last season, definitely expecting an upturn in his performances

The only player who you could say gave a decent performance last season were Bruno, Garnacho and Dalot (imo), the rest im expecting a significant improvement in performances!

Jadon Sancho. I think he moves centrally to a #10 and by the end of the season displaces Bruno.

I'll have whatever this guy is drinking.

I think Amad or Hannibal will break into the first team.

While Bruno is very creative (98 percentile for progressive passes), he has low pass completion (30 percentile). He also doesn't offer anything as far as carrying the ball upfield. Sancho offers not as elite progressive pass numbers (81 percentile) but a much higher pass completion rate plus progressive carries. As the team starts to dominate possession higher up the field ball retention will be critical and I think Bruno will come under the microscope at some point.

With the signing of Zirkee, i think that he is a player that will require runners behind (so rashford/bruno) while Rasmus will require more chance creators for him.

I'll have whatever this guy is drinking.

I think Amad or Hannibal will break into the first team.
Never understand why people think Hannibal will make it here. He's never looked anywhere close to the level required, and we've actively tried to get rid of him except the team he was loaned to didn't want to active the very low buy out clause. He also is pretty low down the pecking order that I don't see him actually getting on the pitch for us barring injuries.

Mason Mount.
It will be like a new signing

Probably Mount, I want to say Antony but I'm not sure I truly believe it.

People will pretend surprise if Rashford has a good season, but the truth is we all know what he can be capable of.

Mount. By actually being able to play hes going to come in really handy being able tp play different roles when needed.

Antony when hes a revelation at RWB.

And in the biggest of ironies Sancho at fullback will be incredible.

Sancho Mount and Onana. Yoro is going to play a lot. I think it’ll be like DDG at the start. A few howlers but solid by the end of the first season and gradually turning into one of the best in the league

Mount and Amad. They are fit and ready to go.

Mason Mount.

I hate the phrase, but he is actually 'like a new signing. He barely strung two starts together last season but has almost 50 caps for England and has won a Champions League - he's a very solid 8/10 PL player that hopefully can stay injury-free.

Collyer and Mount

Mount if he stays fit or Amad if he's consistently selected for the starting XI

I'm ruling out Case and Antony and definitely ruling out Sancho.

Mason Mount. He has to give something, anything for that matter. Imagine paying 100m for VdB & Mount and getting absolute nothing... Bruno probably has stamina for whole season, but his concentration levels are clearly not enough to play every game on highest level, let alone help reach higher place in the table.

One of Sancho or Antony need to step up, otherwise, we're in trouble. Rashford need to redefine his entire game, too.

Any solid 10 consecutive games from them would be somekind of surpirse.

Agreed. The others, my hope is slim

100% agree. Both superb tonight.

Mount, Antony, Casemiro.

Malacia, Dalot, Amad all to improve again.

Mount and Amad….and if Sancho is still here……maybe him too

Mount is a quality player and one that’s often forgotten or written off because of the season he had. A fit Mount will make a lot of people change their opinion on him as a signing

I think Mount will surprise everyone. Looks really sharp so far in pre season. I also think Yoro will surprise a few people, I know we all can see a promising player but I think he’ll show us that he’s a top player at such a young age.

Surprise United supporters: Mason Mount. This is an England international starter who's been completely written off due to injuries.

Surprise everyone else: Amad. I've been fully on the Amad hypetrain since his Sunderland loan and been so annoyed he hasn't got a real chance here.

Mount :lol:

Friendly bet to any of you that he'll begin another long-term injury at least before the end of September. Probably much sooner.

Friendly bet to any of you that he'll begin another long-term injury at least before the end of September. Probably much sooner.

that’s the spirit, that never say die attitude that we all love! Rashford drives me absolutely mental with his constant moody shite but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, fresh start for everyone at the start of every season. Mount can’t help that he was injured. I think most fans realise he’s a good player. If he can get fit and stay injury free he’ll be an important player by the end of the season. That’s the level of talent and experience he has. Im hoping he proves a lot of reactive posters wrong this season. I think he will.

Would have to be caused in training then. He probably doesn’t start when Bruno’s playing and if we sign another CM/DM. He’ll come of the bench unless he carry’s on his decent form during the US tour.

that’s the spirit, that never say die attitude that we all love! Rashford drives me absolutely mental with his constant moody shite but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, fresh start for everyone at the start of every season. Mount can’t help that he was injured. I think most fans realise he’s a good player. If he can get fit and stay injury free he’ll be an important player by the end of the season. That’s the level of talent and experience he has. Im hoping he proves a lot of reactive posters wrong this season. I think he will.
I like Mount. He seems incredibly likable and I'd absolutely love him to do well this season

But i'm staggered by how many people haven't let common sense prevail. He's missed an incredible amount of games over the last 18-24 months. And even when he is fit, there is literally no place in the XI for him that suits his talents

I like Mount. He seems incredibly likable and I'd absolutely love him to do well this season

But i'm staggered by how many people haven't let common sense prevail. He's missed an incredible amount of games over the last 18-24 months. And even when he is fit, there is literally no place in the XI for him that suits his talents
That remains to be seen surely? Plus he’s going to be able to rotate with Bruno, Mainoo Rashford and the right wingers. That’s a very important player if the manager will actually use his squad properly. He’s going to get a lot of game time if we’ve any injuries at all and I think he’s good enough to take a place if he’s ready. That’s what every squad needs.

Sancho. There's a chance he could show up for training on time this season.

As always - i'm optimistic.

Last season couldn't have been worse injury wise.

Martinez being fit for the chunk of the season is MASSIVE for us.

Onana will steadily improve, as will Dalot. Shaw will stabilise the back line and i've even seen Malacia about the place.

Clearly Mount and Rashford need a big year - Mount to actually contribute and Rashford to show some consistency. Rashford will mostly be an impact player with Garnacho taking the LW and Amad the RW.

In terms of a surprise for us this season:
Dalot is going to be captain material
Hojlund will hit 25+ goals
Anthony comes on and provides reliable rotation options on the RW

That remains to be seen surely? Plus he’s going to be able to rotate with Bruno, Mainoo Rashford and the right wingers. That’s a very important player if the manager will actually use his squad properly. He’s going to get a lot of game time if we’ve any injuries at all and I think he’s good enough to take a place if he’s ready. That’s what every squad needs.

Since when does ETH rotate? Mounts only hope is if Bruno gets a long term injury.

Since when does ETH rotate? Mounts only hope is if Bruno gets a long term injury.
Not wishing that on Bruno, but I do think Mount will get more game time this season than some seem to imagine. I can see him playing Europa and League Cup for starters - plus EtH really needs to start rotating, so can easily see him slotting in for Bruno in some league matches. He may turn out to be even better than Bruno in that position.

I think Mount or Anthony both have a chance to have great years.

Mount from what I have seen so far in preseason is aggressive going into tackles and seems to be healthy.
Anthony, I feel like is on the cusp of breaking thru. He is just in need of confidence. A good summer tour will do him wonders. I also think that our offense is due some luck and improvement over last season. Once goals start falling it is contagious, and I think Anthony came make good. A plus would be if his legal troubles get resolved so he can focus on football.

Not wishing that on Bruno, but I do think Mount will get more game time this season than some seem to imagine. I can see him playing Europa and League Cup for starters - plus EtH really needs to start rotating, so can easily see him slotting in for Bruno in some league matches. He may turn out to be even better than Bruno in that position.
I like the Mount/ Bruno combination where one plays and the other sits. Mount can come in on weeks with multiple games (more than 2) and Bruno can get more rest.
Ideally, I would like to see us put games away early, so we can rest Bruno and let Mount get a run in...
Also, Bruno is a yellow card machine it seems... It a luxury to bring in a Mount to give him a spell. Maybe he will be more consistent.