Which player do you think will surprise everyone this season?

Hojlund. Think he'll bag a load of goals with better service.
Also, he now has Ruud coaching him.

Mason Missing Months Mount. There's a solid player in there and I have a feeling he'll be that spark off the bench and a player that scores/creates a lot of vital goals especially down the stretch of the season.

Amad. If he gets his chance to play he could well cement that RW position his own. It is a make or break season for him.

Interesting thread. There’s a few candidates for different reasons. I would say the below will be the most interesting to watch as they have all been written off despite their obvious talent;

Rashford
Sancho
Antony
Casemiro
Onana

Then you have a group who missed most of last season with injury so will be looking to bounce back;

Shaw
Malacia
Mount
Martinez

Lastly you will have the new addition and young players who we will be looking to see develop and hit the ground running;

Mainoo
Garnacho
Hojlund
Amad
Yoro
Zirkzee

When you see it written down last season was an absolute disaster in terms of injuries and key players being missing and/or in dire form. If 50% of the above get back to the level we know they can deliver, and even excel, we will be in a much stronger position next season.

Probably Mount, I want to say Antony but I'm not sure I truly believe it.

People will pretend surprise if Rashford has a good season, but the truth is we all know what he can be capable of.

I think Rashford will be marginally better but, if he stays, I'm going for Casemiro.

Mount just needs to be fit and he's already surpassed last season. So I think that's bit of a uninspired choice.

Assuming he isn't sold, Casemiro will look a lot better again if our defence actually holds a high line this season, and the team is generally more compact.

I feel like Antony's head was fried by the allegations and drama around him at the start of last year. While he'll never be an 80m player, but I think he'll be a decent contributor and a lot better than last season.

From those we already have - Yoro. But there should be more signings for the midfield, so maybe a new CDM

Mount. By actually being able to play hes going to come in really handy being able tp play different roles when needed.

Antony when hes a revelation at RWB.

And in the biggest of ironies Sancho at fullback will be incredible.

Jadon Sancho is gonna be absolutely incredible until September 27th.

The biggest problem last season, bar injuries, was the poor level of Casemiro and Rashford. I believe they will return to his best this season.

Mount hahah

I expect it will be a newbie. Yoro or Zirkzee or whoever come in. A foreign player is always an unknown to the Premier teams and usually someone plays well first season whether its at Utd or another team. As for the players here, I think Amad will be given a chance and step up. Ideally I hope we have another Garnacho/Mainoo break through.

Antony is a decent shout. There is a good footballer in there somewhere. If Casemiro stays I have a sneaky feeling he won't be as cooked as last year.

I'll say Casemiro is he stays, I think people are too quick to write off older players when they have a bad season. Once you hit 30 and you have a bad run then ageism comes for you.

Mason Mount.

I hate the phrase, but he is actually 'like a new signing. He barely strung two starts together last season but has almost 50 caps for England and has won a Champions League - he's a very solid 8/10 PL player that hopefully can stay injury-free.

I’m amazed that so many people are going with Casemiro. For me, the biggest factor in bringing out the best in certain players this season will be having a functioning midfield, and that means a midfield without Casemiro.

Not confident about either of these but Malacia and Sancho.

If we see either of them playing then any positive contribution from them will be a bonus.

Onana will be great enough where we will forget about his blunders last season. You can quote me on this.

Dalot. If AWB goes and he’s a consistent first choice he could be one of the best in the league.

Mount if he stays fit or Amad if he's consistently selected for the starting XI

I'm ruling out Case and Antony and definitely ruling out Sancho.

There's certainly no shortage of players that were awful last year, that should they do anything productive on a consistent basis this year then it'd be a shock for sure.

I'd love them all to prove us wrong if they stay!

All of the attackers (excluding Bruno tbf) put up such bad numbers last season they really don't need to improve that much to surprise the fans.

If Amad plays on the opening day he might beat his tally for the entire of last season in 90 minutes.

United League 23/24 G/A
Bruno 10G 8A
Hojlund 10G 2A
Garnacho 7G 4A
Rashford 7G 2A
Antony 1G 1A
Amad 1G 1A

Mason Mount. He has to give something, anything for that matter. Imagine paying 100m for VdB & Mount and getting absolute nothing... Bruno probably has stamina for whole season, but his concentration levels are clearly not enough to play every game on highest level, let alone help reach higher place in the table.

One of Sancho or Antony need to step up, otherwise, we're in trouble. Rashford need to redefine his entire game, too.

Any solid 10 consecutive games from them would be somekind of surpirse.

Hopefully Hojlund, Rashford or Zirkzee. We need at least one forward player to step up to the level of the very best in the league. For two years we have scored no goals. That needs to stop immediately for us to move forward.