Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A ball winning midfielder to replace Fletcher in the squad. One that can play next to Carrick and clean up for him and deliver the ball on a platter.

Fabregas and Modric would be my two top candidates whereby there's a slight chance. Everyone else is a step down.

Vidal would be perfect right now IMO

But I would probably go with Wilshere.. Just

We're assuming reality, so Wilshere is out of the question.

But if we can indulge in fantasy, then it's Wilshere. The dude has United quality written all over him, but for now he's stuck in a ridiculous "fourth place is a trophy" shirt.

I voted for Gundogan, great technique, puts in the work, can dribble and carry the ball out of midfield, nice range of passing and has shown he can compete with the best while still only 22.

I voted for Wilshire but I felt some hesitation pushing the vote button knowing Verratti was an option.

Too many options and most unrealistic ones Raoul. Maybe shorten it to the 4-5 which are remotely feasible AND attractive? e.g. no one will pick Fellaini with all the other options there!

I'm quite keen on the Fabregas-Alcantara rumours as one of the two should be attainable (and I'd happily take whichever winds up being the Barca reject).

Gundogan/Vidal/Marchisio on top would be muppet overload and won't happen.

Was a bit hesitate between Wilshere, Fabregas, and Gundogan.

Any of those players would improve us (yes, even Fellaini, despite my strong disliking for him).

Wilshere, Fabregas and Gundogan are my top choices but I don't think any of those will be going anywhere in the next window so I went for Thiago who probably has a more realistic chance of leaving.

I voted for Güdogan. But obviously Fábregas or Wilshere would do nicely too. Wouldn't mind Fellaini or the Benders either.

- Wilshere is injury prone, and is never gonna come anyways.
- Gündogan, who's a personal favorite, can't be coming now that Dortmund already are losing so many important players. The same applies to Bender.
- Modric is good, but I just can't see him coming back to the PL after just 1 season in Spain. We also never seem to sign Real Madrid players.
- Fellaini is a likely signing, and is decent enough. I wouldn't be overly excited if we signed him, but I'd be happy none the less #modesty
- Fabregas doesn't seem very likely either, but I'd love it if we signed him.

I haven't seen enough of the rest of the bunch to make a fair judgement.

IMO Fabregas is clearly the best option out of all the midfielders listed.

As a player he is the best without doubt. I do really like Gundohan though and would be very interested in seeing a young midfielder of his quality developing further at United.

I'll go Ronaldo, sure, he's not a midfielder, but he ins and outs and unimportant in this never ending dreamland I inhabit, and wish him only in our lives. Ronaldo.

That's about the worst constructed sentence I've ever seen in my life.

As a player he is the best without doubt. I do really like Gundohan though and would be very interested in seeing a young midfielder of his quality developing further at United.

I like him aswell but there's something about the Cesc-RVP partnership which makes me :drool:

The most realistic out of them all is probably Thiago.

Gündogan for me, he would be perfect for us and wxactly what Carrick needs next to him

If we could get Fabregas that would be great but I suspect that Alcantara is more likely. Not a bad thing in itself of course. I voted Wilshere as he couldn't be any more perfect for what we need. Unfortunately it's never going to happen... or certainly not this year. Another couple of years of trophyless seasons might do it however.

Gundogan appears to be a target for other clubs such as Real, so if he does come on the market it could be an almighty bidding war. Not sure we'd get involved past a certain point. Wouldn't mind him at all if we could get him though!

Yeah, was about to say that, there's plenty of talented midfielders there but none that I think can really reach the heights that an in peak Fabregas can (when he's actually used as a midfielder). It's a no brainer really. And him combined with RvP really would be pure sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.