Music What are we listening to?

Lane 8 Summer 2024 mixtape was released some time ago, great chill house (?) for focus time / deep work.

I'll be watching Blink182 live from Reading this evening on the BBC iPlayer.

Seen a lot of concerts from this year on youtube and they look to be having fun and playing well.

This will be far better quality hopefully on the BBC - hoping another Guns & Roses audio debacle from Glasto is avoided.

Idris Elba hitting up his SL roots. Banger. As the olds frequently say.

Last edited:
Linkin Park - The Emptiness Machine

Only just released with their new singer, Emily Armstrong (Dead Sara). I'd heard rumours so listened to some Dead Sara and wasn't impressed.

Pleasantly surprised by this, hard to replace Chester but she seems decent with Linkin Park.

Think the song is quite good overall.

They've already done a live set which is on YouTube already doing their old songs, only listened to bits of it and it's what I'd expect of live nu metal, not horrible, not great, hard to judge the new girl on a live performance.

Excited for the new album now.

Watching her singing their old songs, my god her voice is bad.

I don't think it's bad, but it's definitely not Chester. It's always hard to cover another vocalists song, especially when they had a very distinctive voice, it's basically trying to replace Bruce Dickinson in Iron Maiden.

I liked the quiet bit in "Crawling" by her but then she lets the crowd take over :lol:

I was listening to some Linkin Park the other day for the first time in ages, and I just opened reddit and saw an article that they'd picked a new female singer for their upcoming tour and new album, I thought to myself "that's cool, will be worth checking out when it happens".....until I saw who it is, Emily Armstrong.

She's a scientologist nutter that supported Danny Masterson the whole way through his trial. That's put a complete stop to any enthusiasm on that whole thing now!

I regards to Linkin Park. I thought she did awesome. Haven't watched the whole set yet, just bits I was curious to hear.

I'm happy they didn't go with a replacement and instead took the "new chapter" approach. She'll obviously be better at their new songs cus they'll also be her own. Filling Chesters shoes is impossible. But she did well. I can see why they wanted to bring her in.

Obviously a bummer to hear she might be a Scientology nutter.

It's always the scientioloty nutter that gets the cool jobs. Tom Cruise is another one.

Was recently listening to full Metallica albums again recently, I was just listening to their songs through playlists for a while, and there's some great songs on the garage inc album that I'd forgotten all about.

Also listening to the black album again and some brilliant songs on it that aren't the overplayed ones, like holier than thou, through the never, and of wolf and man. Great stuff.