Westminster Politics

5Live at the moment with Adrian Chiles interviewing a Tory canvasser and asking him about the betting scandal. Apparently it's the media's fault that it's become an issue because "you can't get away with anything nowadays". Prick.

5Live at the moment with Adrian Chiles interviewing a Tory canvasser and asking him about the betting scandal. Apparently it's the media's fault that it's become an issue because "you can't get away with anything nowadays". Prick.

Harsh on Chiles there.

Poor Rishi can't catch a break here. It's just relentless bad news. I think in previous election cycles this sort of thing would have been buried by the press/revealed after the election.. but the knives are out. That and the Tories don't give a feck about anybody but themselves.

. but the knives are out.
There are two options which business is equally happy with. One has lingered for 15 years and the public discontent is palpable. They have thus turned all in on the other option, using, imo, Farage as a device to suck even more from the Tories.

The biggest problem with Starmer is that you have to suppose double-think. You have to assume, from a so-called "left" position, that the man is lying for pragmatic reasons (which he has history of) in order that you support him at all.

What are was Adrian's reply?
To the "media are to blame" part he just laughed and said "you can't blame the media for reporting on facts, surely?" And after the git replied about not getting away with anything nowadays I think Chiles just started eating his own face in astonishment before moving on to the next topic.

There are two options which business is equally happy with. One has lingered for 15 years and the public discontent is palpable. They have thus turned all in on the other option, using, imo, Farage as a device to suck even more from the Tories.

The biggest problem with Starmer is that you have to suppose double-think. You have to assume, from a so-called "left" position, that the man is lying for pragmatic reasons (which he has history of) in order that you support him at all.

That’s where I am. Haven’t drank the kool-aid. Think that he’s pissing away a guaranteed win in pursuit of some massive land grab of the centre.

That MAY be genius if Farage inherits a 100 seat Tory Party with Reform being dissolved, as that party could probably win inside two terms (because we are a country of lickspittle dickheads).

But I doubt it.

He could have kept the Green pledge at its full value, included the renationalising of Water, kept defence at 2% and used the .5% surplus for social care, and and and.

I truly believe he’ll govern further left than he’s campaigning and has operated in opposition. But doing so will give so much ammunition to the Right Wing media, Farage, or whoever inherits the carcass of The Tories.

Dream Fantasy scenario : He actually stays too central, Reform don’t disband, and he stays camped where he is, with the whole country voting Labour to stave off the right wing nightmare of a Lib Dem or Green influenced coalition in 5-10 years. Zero chance of it.

Looks like an illegal immigrant has been arrested.

Previously convicted for travelling to the US under a false passport, got 12 months for it from memory.

You can't get into canada with a criminal record, so its likely he's tried it again, or lied on his visa form. (Hes being paid to speak there, so will have to have a work visa)

These fecking papers. Choosing an anti genocidal encampment as a picture instead of the fecking actual thing or using the Tory logo. I am disgusted by these papers.

Wish Labour would have the balls to just abolish that antiquated relic and be done with the whole charade.
What will they use to bribe people?

Nastier than the Tories apparently. "Even the Tories didn't do this."

That's because the Tories fecked over everyone else. These people probably didn't notice because they weren't affected.
This pensioner was a lifelong Labour voter though. Her point was she expected it from the Tories but not a Labour government.