Westminster Politics

But he gets to keep all the cash? Bless.

Cruel world of politics my backside.
He has had his snout in the sleaze trough for years and has now been forced to do the decent thing, for a change.

But that is nothing like as disgusting as the shameful way he was supported, backed and championed by his friend. None other than our honourable PM.
Only for that backing and support to end up in a shameful shambolic U turn.
If this was a single case it would still be bad.
But it is far from an isolated case. It is endemic.
We should feel ashamed.
But most are numb to the ongoing actions of this disgraceful government.

Do we need to make a James O'Brien thread in the Entertainment sub-forum?

Maybe. He does seem to have a misunderstanding of where support for Corbyn came from, and the fact that it wasn't tied to him. The fact that Corbyn wasn't able to get his message across, does not mean that those who shared his values want him to be the only spokesperson for those values for ever more. He's just the closest thing to a credible actual leftist we've seen in a position of (some)power, for too long.

Sorry to repeat what I've said before, but corrupt politicians should face prison, and if there aren't the laws to cover that then we need to make some.
Then parliament would create legislation to overturn it.

Sorry to repeat what I've said before, but corrupt politicians should face prison, and if there aren't the laws to cover that then we need to make some.
Wouldn't your parliament just change the laws then?

Wouldn't your parliament just change the laws then?
Then parliament would create legislation to overturn it.
:) When I say we need to make anti-corruption laws I mean our parliament should. The Tories obviously won't, at least the current version of them won't, but opposition parties could and should put it in their manifestos and make it so. It might seem like it at the moment but the Tories won't be in power for ever.

:) When I say we need to make anti-corruption laws I mean our parliament should. The Tories obviously won't, at least the current version of them won't, but opposition parties could and should put it in their manifestos and make it so. It might seem like it at the moment but the Tories won't be in power for ever.
Not only would it be absolutely the right thing to do, it would be a vote winner.

Dorries is the far right, she knew exactly who he was. Dog whistling to Nazis is standard Tory practice.

Wait, you actually believe her?

Yes, there are some daft cnuts in parliament who probably don’t follow everything. I believe she doesn’t probably follow the far right, I don’t believe she didn’t know who Tommy Robinson was.

Yes, there are some daft cnuts in parliament who probably don’t follow everything. I believe she doesn’t probably follow the far right, I don’t believe she didn’t know who Tommy Robinson was.
Reading your post now I don't know how I needed that clarified, but I did. Thanks and agree to all of it.

I think it's entirely plausible. A lot of politicians really don't follow politics.
You're completely right and unfortunately with this lot it's difficult to determine whether they're lying or are simply incompetent, since they aren't mutually exclusive.

Haha, remember when a politician refusing to answer a question became a history news moment? Good times.

Keir Starmer accuses Boris Johnson of taking cash for schools to cover up Tory corruption
It comes after reports, which Number 10 refused to deny, that Tory whips had threatened MPs with reduced funding for their local areas unless they voted for the PM’s plan to get Owen Paterson off the hook for breaking Commons standards rules
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/keir-starmer-accuses-boris-johnson-25394199