Weird feelings of football

If your team always scores 80 goals a season and then signs a 40 goal a season striker who goes on to scores 40 of your teams 75 goals .

The striker is brilliant and singlehandedly carried you .

Euro 2016 did not happen. It was instead some kind of an international tournament played by national teams of European countries.

If your team always scores 80 goals a season and then signs a 40 goal a season striker who goes on to scores 40 of your teams 75 goals .

The striker is brilliant and singlehandedly carried you .
That's true. A lot of fans think because Kane scored so many goals, he's made Bayern a better team. Same with Kane and England, he just strolls and dives around. Scoring a lot of goals sometimes isn't enough. A bit like Van Nistelrooy in his last season.

Lukaku has bigger collections of unlucky moments than great goals

Any player signed from Seria A to the Premier League in the 90s was mostly a success. From 2000 onwards most players signed from Serie A to the Premier League have not lived up to expectations.

Jan Vertonghen has been 35 for the last 10 years.

Couldn't find the stuff that annoys you thread so this one will do.

Commentators talking about a bad "finish" when it's just a shot.
It's surely only a finish when you've actually scored?

Or when Litmanen gets a red card and the commentator calls it's a "bad Finnish"

It's the "finish" of the attacking move.

Surely a finish has to actually be the end. If the shot is saved and goes straight to someone else, it's not any sort of finish. The attacking move has continued.

The Italy captain is always a goalkeeper.
I’ve always thought the Captain should be someone from the back. Either keeper or CB as they can see all the pitch and what’s happening in front of them.

Whenever a possession-based team plays a counterattacking team, viewers act all shocked and surprised by the predictably lopsided possession stats.

Doubly so if the counterattacking side wins. "How are they winning, they only have 20% possession!"

Italy haven't had any sort of decent attacker in about 20 years
How many great players(players with potential to be starters at big clubs) have they produced in the last 20 years? Verratti, maybe Insigne...who else?

I’ve always thought the Captain should be someone from the back. Either keeper or CB as they can see all the pitch and what’s happening in front of them.
Trust me, as a goalie it's a nightmare trying to captain and organise the defence at the same time. Plus, the attackers are too far away

Trust me, as a goalie it's a nightmare trying to captain and organise the defence at the same time. Plus, the attackers are too far away

If you need the player with the arm band on doing that stuff then you're already fecked.

There's a massive downpour or thunderstorm during every Euro tournament.

Clement Turpin has refereed every single Champions League game for the past three years and yet somehow I’ve only just noticed he is Trossard’s doppelgänger.

Spain havent had a proper striker for the National team since Torres in 2008. Even then he was always injured so Aragones invented the false 9 thing.

Them playing Morata up top these days feels like them playing him for the sake of filling a position.

Multiple stories of swap deals, where one player is swapped for another are written in the newspapers on a weekly basis but not one has ever materialised.

On KO matchdays, only the last game might end up in pens. It's never the game before.

Every single period of the season is one where "its only the result that matters". Been hearing this a lot with the Euros and gets my goat how this will also be the case early season, in the winter near Christmas, in the run in to the season end and of course at the actual end of season.

There are always multiple players who play unbelievably well at Euros/WC and then you see them play for their clubs and they're not all that. Like that Turkish keeper who made the worldie save the other day. He was amazing and I thought he'll get snapped up by a big club soon but hes like 36 and pretty much always played in Turkey