Wayne Rooney | New Plymouth Head Coach

Whisper it quietly but he might, just might, have found the right fit for him.

Tactical red.

He knew he'd get them fired up for the last 10 if he was sent off.

Genius move.

Right up there with ETH bringing on Maguire on Thursday. He just knew it would work.

Seems like he's doing well and the fans enjoy the style of play.

Tactical red.

He knew he'd get them fired up for the last 10 if he was sent off.

Genius move.

Right up there with ETH bringing on Maguire on Thursday. He just knew it would work.

:lol:

Actually saw something like that recently from another sport. I don't watch baseball at all and caught a video clip where it was saying it was common for managers to get sent off for arguing with officials. The players expect the manager to back them and for it to happen if they get a bad decsion. It would be seen as not sticking up for your team if you don't.

So this manager goes over to ref and tells him to send him off. He praises him for doing a difficult job but says he thought it was a bad decision while asking to be ejected. He's just playing out a whole pretence so that the players stay fired up.

Last edited:
It really seems the medias vendetta vs Rooney is continuing into his coaching career.

They were cnuts to him as a player even know he is and was on of their greatest or best players.

Now as a coach they couldn’t wait to give him a hard time in his first few jobs - considering his first job was probably the hardest and worst conditions to probably ever work in and he so nearly kept derby up. The media and social media still criticised him.

The dc United was one of the worst teams in the league he steadied the ship and probably used it to learn more. The media’s criticised him.

He took that Birmingham job in middle of the season when they were in a false position. Wasn’t gave a transfer window and didn’t have a preseason to try put his stamp or style on the team. Media and social media basically got him the sack.

He gets the Plymouth job, he has a preseason he has a well run club he is putting his stamp on things tryna build for the future. I know for a fact as an (ex youth player of mine is in the squad) that the players are loving his coaching mannerisms etc they are performing better than expected and what do you know the press have shut up and offered no praise.

Hopefully things keep going the way they are for him

It really seems the medias vendetta vs Rooney is continuing into his coaching career.

They were cnuts to him as a player even know he is and was on of their greatest or best players.

Now as a coach they couldn’t wait to give him a hard time in his first few jobs - considering his first job was probably the hardest and worst conditions to probably ever work in and he so nearly kept derby up. The media and social media still criticised him.

The dc United was one of the worst teams in the league he steadied the ship and probably used it to learn more. The media’s criticised him.

He took that Birmingham job in middle of the season when they were in a false position. Wasn’t gave a transfer window and didn’t have a preseason to try put his stamp or style on the team. Media and social media basically got him the sack.

He gets the Plymouth job, he has a preseason he has a well run club he is putting his stamp on things tryna build for the future. I know for a fact as an (ex youth player of mine is in the squad) that the players are loving his coaching mannerisms etc they are performing better than expected and what do you know the press have shut up and offered no praise.

Hopefully things keep going the way they are for him

You coach? I agree though, and glad they brought it up on Stick to football. I'm also pretty amazed by how funny he is and how down to earth, he doesn't take himself seriously at all and is so forthcoming. That part where he talked about the corner routine where he wanted chaos for the oppositions defenders, and he is like "why not, give it a go".

I really like him. Hope he climbs up the managerial ladder to the top tier.

You coach? I agree though, and glad they brought it up on Stick to football. I'm also pretty amazed by how funny he is and how down to earth, he doesn't take himself seriously at all and is so forthcoming. That part where he talked about the corner routine where he wanted chaos for the oppositions defenders, and he is like "why not, give it a go".

I really like him. Hope he climbs up the managerial ladder to the top tier.
Just at grassroots level nothing major