Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney could stay, and we'd have to pay him, but that doesn't mean Jose will play him. He'll sit on the bench most of the time and I'd venture say if we get the signings Jose is after, he could well not even make the bench most of the time. If Wayne wants to play, he'll compromise on his wage demands and go. If he's not playing club football his England career will be cut short as well. Or has he already stayed his welcome there too?

I look in better shape and I'm literally recovering from back surgery.

He looks like he's not in any shape to play in the retirement league, let alone a professional one.

Of course he does.

Shown himself to be a money hungry mercenary on more than one occasion. Why would he opt to go elsewhere and earn slightly less but play first team football when he can sit on the bench, rot and get fat(ter) for another 12 months and fleece us further..

Last edited:
The club doesn't seem to overly bothered if Rooney stays, looks like Mourinho has the same mentality. So, if Rooney wants to stay then I'm fine with it as all this wage talk is not really relevant. Whether he's going to play is another story though especially if Mourinho succeeded in acquiring his 'no.9' target.

Just pay him off, he's a greedy guy and if we make up the money then he'll go, it would be better than having him stink up the bench every week when we could have a player of some use on it.

Just pay him off, he's a greedy guy and if we make up the money then he'll go, it would be better than having him stink up the bench every week when we could have a player of some use on it.

Yeah, I'd want us to do this if Rooney's contemplating staying. I suspect Jose wouldn't be too enthused about being asked whether or not Rooney is playing every other week.

Yeah, I'd want us to do this if Rooney's contemplating staying. I suspect Jose wouldn't be too enthused about being asked whether or not Rooney is playing every other week.

Exactly, we could do without Rooney's little soap opera plot every week, he's no use to us on the pitch either and yet you know Jose will be under scrutiny if he doesn't give him game time, he needs to go.

We should keep him, Rooney could profit massively from Morata. Thats the striker he needed to elevate his game again and we dont need to spend money on another striker/#10

Rooney can stay all he wants, but with Rashford and Morata competing for the 9 in a 4-3-3 he isn't going to see a whole load of football.

If Rooney stays it will really show how far he's fallen. In my opinion that will mean he's lost his hunger for the game, why he wouldn't want regular football with a world cup next year. I know he's not at the level he was but if a player plays regular and works hard they can force themselves into a managers plans. Who would have thought defoe would have got into the England side after such a long period out. Rooney's decline physically will be joined mentally if this happens, utter complacency and money keeping him here nothing else. He looked awful in Carrick's testimonial, when your trying hard and shown up by retired players you know your time is up(at the top level).

It's sad because I remember the ferocious beast we bought from Everton, to think he's not bothered about playing and challenging himself at his age is really sad. I've never been Rooney's biggest fan in recent years on and off the pitch but his fall is becoming awful. It's best he goes for United and himself.

Thought he cared about making the World Cup? Won't do that on the bench at United. If he can even make the top 18.

I guess taking a pay cut and actually having to get and maintain fitness is too much to ask at this point. Easier to ride on the coat tails of past glory.

Little disappointed honestly. Would have enjoyed seeing him go to another club and perhaps having to motivation to get into some kind of form and actually have something to offer to the national team besides name recognition.

We should keep him, Rooney could profit massively from Morata. Thats the striker he needed to elevate his game again and we dont need to spend money on another striker/#10

Thanks, you made my day :lol:

If he stays we shouldn't use a bench spot for him, make it clear to him that he is out of the match day squad if he stays.

We got better subs for both the #9 and the #10 position.

Exactly, we could do without Rooney's little soap opera plot every week, he's no use to us on the pitch either and yet you know Jose will be under scrutiny if he doesn't give him game time, he needs to go.

Hardy played all last season, not one utterance of creating any issues at all. So where will this opera come from? I'd say the media, but that'll happen regardless, if it's not Rooney, it'll be Shaw or Smalling or Pogba or someone else. Fans lap it up, so the papers create it.

Said all last season he'd see out his contract, got told so often he'll go to China or the states. Can't blame him for honouring his contract. I know I'd not be going anywhere to take a pay cut in his position.

I guess your theory is he finds his legs / touch / vision again all from Morata signing for us. If only we lived in your dream world dude!

If Rooney stays it will really show how far he's fallen. In my opinion that will mean he's lost his hunger for the game, why he wouldn't want regular football with a world cup next year.

100% this. the guy is Incredibly ignorant if he thinks he can 'force his way back in'. He is totally done physically and now mentally it seems.

I blame moyes.

Not this year.

The media have largely stopped doing his bidding since he started performing for England too.

I doubt Rooney will stay though. Think he will likely end up at Everton.

Sounds good to me, and if it doesn't work we could try him in midfield .
#notthisshitagain.

I look in better shape and I'm literally recovering from back surgery.

He looks like he's not in any shape to play in the retirement league, let alone a professional one.

I genuinely don't think Rooney can even cut it in the MLS the way he's been playing for the last few years

Have you seen Rooney play for the last few seasons? What a terrible post

Hardy played all last season, not one utterance of creating any issues at all. So where will this opera come from? I'd say the media, but that'll happen regardless, if it's not Rooney, it'll be Shaw or Smalling or Pogba or someone else. Fans lap it up, so the papers create it.

Said all last season he'd see out his contract, got told so often he'll go to China or the states. Can't blame him for honouring his contract. I know I'd not be going anywhere to take a pay cut in his position.

Jose was asked about him in practically every presser, and it's fine having questions over young players with futures but the answer to the Rooney question is self explanatory, it's a circus and he's zero use to us on the pitch, it's like playing with 10 men when he's on.

I thought he was a street footballer and patriot, surely playing regularly and giving himself a shot at making the World Cup squad is preferable to adding a couple of extra million when you are already a millionaire 30 times over at least.

Not this year.

The media have largely stopped doing his bidding since he started performing for England too.

I doubt Rooney will stay though. Think he will likely end up at Everton.

I was meaning the press conference stuff rather than the papers.

I honestly think Everton will pass on him and that might be the problem, his greed mixed with the need to stay domestic limits his options severely, any team with top 7 amnbitions wouldn't want him IMO.

Only if we dismember Morata and put all his parts onto Rooney, praying that for some fecking reason it works.

What's he going to do? Take Morata's brain and legs?

The only way Morata will make Rooney good again is if he plays with computer sensors all over his body and then Rooney is CGI'd into the Sky broadcast.

If he's willing to sit in the stands for the most part of next season then whatever... Seriously the question is would he deserve to take the spot on the bench? For me the answer is hell no.

Well unlike LVG, Mourinho completely sidelined him. So if he wants to stay another year and grow fatter, he can fill his boots!

Thought he cared about making the World Cup?

Only way he makes the World Cup is as a pundit. Much better gig. No training and games to interrupt the scouting of the local talents. And if gets filmed during one of the scouting sessions Putin might make him the next British Prime Minister.

Jose was asked about him in practically every presser, and it's fine having questions over young players with futures but the answer to the Rooney question is self explanatory, it's a circus and he's zero use to us on the pitch, it's like playing with 10 men when he's on.

I thought he was a street footballer and patriot, surely playing regularly and giving himself a shot at making the World Cup squad is preferable to adding a couple of extra million when you are already a millionaire 30 times over at least.

I was meaning the press conference stuff rather than the papers.

Joint 3rd highest scorer last season. So obviously of some use
Manager asked about player shock in press conference!!!!!! Who cares what the media ask, maybe it helps other players if he's the one the media try to get a story on.
When is rich too rich? Depends on the person. He's got a large extended family to maintain.

For me he was very humble last season, Jose managed him perfectly. If he chooses to stay, there's feck all moaning about him on the CAF will do to change that. I 100% appreciate his stance, he signed that contract in good faith. The club need to question their procedures.

Joint 3rd highest scorer last season. So obviously of some use
Manager asked about player shock in press conference!!!!!! Who cares what the media ask, maybe it helps other players if he's the one the media try to get a story on.
When is rich too rich? Depends on the person. He's got a large extended family to maintain.

For me he was very humble last season, Jose managed him perfectly. If he chooses to stay, there's feck all moaning about him on the CAF will do to change that. I 100% appreciate his stance, he signed that contract in good faith. The club need to question their procedures.

Agree to disagree, I also didn't realize all his family bludged off him, do they not have their own jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.