Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need to make the sale of him to bring in a younger and more well rounded player

I didn't realise he had a year left, suddenly the low price tag makes sense. Getting £15m would be a decent deal in that regard then.
If we sell, we'd certainly need a replacement and as someone mentioned above, I just don't know if we'd get a better player for a reasonable price.- unless its some hidden gem.

Preferably we sell him outside of the PL because I can see him being an absolute tyrant to our left winger. I just don't see Garnacho/Rashford beating him.
Better spam crosses on top of him from the other side then!

At this point I'd probably just give him a new contract. He has weaknesses in his game for sure but he's a decent back up player if he's willing to accept that role. He's got a lot better at using the ball in the last year or two and I don't think we'd get a better replacement for however much money we might get for him.

Shocking footballer to be honest. At this level to have a player so bloody clunky that also can't be relied upon to do a defensive job because he switches off positionally is just unacceptable. Even as backup.

Part exchange: AwB + £50m for Wharton.

Massive profit for Palace
No change to our payroll
Similar amortisation with AwB having only one year left and we offer Wharton 5.

Job done.

Shocking footballer to be honest. At this level to have a player so bloody clunky that also can't be relied upon to do a defensive job because he switches off positionally is just unacceptable. Even as backup.
This is rather over the top imo. Wan Bissaka has his limitations, particularly going forward. But he would be a good addition to a mid table premier league team such as West Ham or Crystal Palace, and if we can get a decent fee for him all the better. Calling him a “shocking footballer” is quite unfair.

This is rather over the top imo. Wan Bissaka has his limitations, particularly going forward. But he would be a good addition to a mid table premier league team such as West Ham or Crystal Palace, and if we can get a decent fee for him all the better. Calling him a “shocking footballer” is quite unfair.
At this level he is. I don't even think he'll be pulling up any trees at West Ham or Palace, the majority of teams are at least pretending to be playing some serious football these days, from back to front. AWB is a block on that which is a problem when your fullbacks are often ones with some space.

Then he switches off all the time not tracking runners and playing people onside, good one v one yes but when that stuff happens it is costly.

It was okay when he was at Palace the first time because he was still considered a young player with time to improve, which he hasn't really - now I expect he'll fade into obscurity.

Dalot is a borderline top 5 RB in the world. Have you even watched Frimpong before? He's practically a winger

Jesus the underrating of Dalot by our own fans is so strange. I guess it's because he doesn't just storm to the touchline and whip in crosses like one might have 20 years ago but damn.
:nervous: :(

Dalot is a borderline top 5 RB in the world. Have you even watched Frimpong before? He's practically a winger

Jesus the underrating of Dalot by our own fans is so strange. I guess it's because he doesn't just storm to the touchline and whip in crosses like one might have 20 years ago but damn.

Borderline top 5 in the league would probably be debated, let alone world!

I reckon Plettenberg is slightly off with that estimated figure. If we sell Wan-Bissaka, it won't be for any less than 15m in my opinion.

If West Ham aren't willing to pay more than 10m for one of the best 1v1 defenders in Europe then they can do one.

So much nonsense in this thread.... No wonder clubs take us for mugs

I reckon Plettenberg is slightly off with that estimated figure. If we sell Wan-Bissaka, it won't be for any less than 15m in my opinion.

If West Ham aren't willing to pay more than 10m for one of the best 1v1 defenders in Europe then they can do one.

My guess is my clubs logic is we will drive up Bayern price for you towards that 20m bid (remember Bayern will probably go for the bigger bid in the end and ask the other to match), or you could cut down on AWB price and we will not bother with the Bayern bid. Either way the outlay probably ends up being the same, it's just whether to take a haircut on the awb sale, or you pay more on the buying end.

If we really are interested (and I personally still think awb is a smokescreen to flush Southampton out to lower KWP price) then somewhere between 10-15m is entering too good to turn down territory.

Don't see the point of selling AWB, especially for the reported fee of 15m - not sure you get better for that fee. Dalot and AWB is a well rounded pair for RB. AWB has contributed massively in both cup final wins under ETH - useful player to have in the squad for certain matches. Maybe he wants to be first choice / move back to London though?

My guess is my clubs logic is we will drive up Bayern price for you towards that 20m bid (remember Bayern will probably go for the bigger bid in the end and ask the other to match), or you could cut down on AWB price and we will not bother with the Bayern bid. Either way the outlay probably ends up being the same, it's just whether to take a haircut on the awb sale, or you pay more on the buying end.

If we really are interested (and I personally still think awb is a smokescreen to flush Southampton out to lower KWP price) then somewhere between 10-15m is entering too good to turn down territory.
West Ham can bid 100m but if the player wants to move only to United, then what's the point ?

So Ornstein says he rejected West Ham but other sources are reporting that the move fell through as West Ham refused to meet his wage demands, its getting harder and harder to know who to believe these days.

They are pretty much the same thing though right.
Player rejects offer as wages too low
Club refuses to meet players wage demands.

They've actually helped us shift a lot of players we didn't need over the years, so I don't mind them.
Is Dumfries also in the last year of his contract?

However, if he signs a new contract as has been mentioned, will they need AWB this window or can they wait given that they also have Darmian?

Last edited:
The club signed him for £50m 5 years ago, which was a massive overpayment back then, but with Dalot being quality, we don't have to sell him this summer, he can duke it out with Dalot this season and he goes on a free next summer, if we can sell him this summer sure but if not then it's not the end of the world, he can still function as a backup RB

Ok with it if he stays for a season. The LB situation is more of a problem for us.

If we can offload one of mct / casemiro and one of Lindelof/ Maguire I think we will be ok to buy.

Is Dumfries also in the last year of his contract?

However, if he signs a new contract as has been mentioned, will they need AWB this window or can they wait given that they also have Darmian?
I think so, look to be the case on transfermarkt.

If he signs a new deal, I very much doubt they'd go for Wan Bissaka. If he won't sign a new deal, it would be good for both clubs to strike a deal that suits all parties. I sadly have a feeling we'll be stuck with Wan Bissaka, which is a shame.

Wouldn't let him go for peanuts. Was probably motm in the FA Cup final, certainly close to it.

Look at the other side of our defense, now thats where someone should be sold and get reinforcements. People are so desperate to get rid they would justify us getting an rb who can play left back rather than an actual left back its bonkers.

We sold Darmian to Parma, then he went from there to Inter.

On Dumfries, a straight swap seems too good to be true. I'd imagine Inter would expect a swap + fee?
Oh yeah, forgot about that he was only there a season though right?

I think we'd come to some sort of arrangement on money going both ways, maybe they would value him slightly higher, but I can't imagine by much. He's only got one year left on his contract too.

i can't see Inter buying AWB with Dumfries being there especially if he signs a new contract extension

just shows you lack of interest bc no one rates him as a footballer

Oh yeah, forgot about that he was only there a season though right?

I think we'd come to some sort of arrangement on money going both ways, maybe they would value him slightly higher, but I can't imagine by much. He's only got one year left on his contract too.
Yeah, he wasn't there for long. I always remember us selling him to Parma as it was the first time I'd heard their name since the early Buffon years.

Hopefully we can come to an agreement. We could do with a RB who is similar to Dalot so that they're more interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.