Virgil van Dijk | Performances

He didnt blame the ref at all. I know you lot hate Van Dyke but watch the interview :lol:
Exactly this. The interviewer asked a stupid suggestive question and Van Dijk immediately followed up with "but to put the blame on the referee is not something I want to do". Dumfries even kinda admitted that he understood why it was a penalty, while Gakpo said "we don't need to say stuff about the referee and look for an explanation elsewhere, we should've done better ourselves".

Thought most of your players were very reasonable in their assessment, and I really don't like the interview methods your journos apply. So direct, almost attacking and very suggestive questions, trying to gather a headline here or there. Perhaps that's just your direct style of communication nation-wide, but I don't particularly like it. Also with Verbruggen, one of your bright spots, the interview wasn't that nicely done.

Never! I will keep my preconceived opinion of him like a true cafite. :angel:
:D

He really didn't want to attribute the loss to the referee, but the journalist's question was very suggestive towards the ref, trying to bait Van Dijk into an emotional response. His answer wasn't completely neutral but still quite measured imo.

Journalist tried to goad him into a comment about the ref, he rejected the question. Saw a video where you hear the journalist say "i tried" behind the camera. As if he was looking for VVD to make a stupid comment.

Journalist tried to goad him into a comment about the ref, he rejected the question. Saw a video where you hear the journalist say "i tried" behind the camera. As if he was looking for VVD to make a stupid comment.
And that wasn't the only one either. Another one later on literally asked Van Dijk about the match-fixing past of the ref. Like, what the feck do you want him to say man.

More annoying was the reporter trying to goad De Vrij into feeling responsible for the 2-1. I wouldnt be able to not just headbutt a reporter who asked me this 3 minutes after the fact.

And that wasn't the only one either. Another one later on literally asked Van Dijk about the match-fixing past of the ref. Like, what the feck do you want him to say man.

Think this was the one, question is at 2.40, he handed it perfectly, " you want to get me in trouble" then after you can hear them saying that after. Absolute gowls.

I'd hate journos asking me questions I've finished playing my 7 or 5 a side games, never mind actual games :lol: I'd not be able to engage the level headed aspect.

But unlucky Virgil :cool: