Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager (Sack watch? Nein)

This guy was 4-5th in their list of candidates to take over, hell they even tried to convince Tuchel to stay before going to Kompany. Doesn't bode well for how much they rate him and how much patience they'll give him as well.

In a weird way I don't think this will be as terrible as it looks like. I don't rate him as the next Pep, Alonso or whatever but given their situation they probably were just happy for someone to fill the gap after not finding a manager for months. He'll probably have the respect of the players, speaks German (an underestimated importance at Bayern) and the squad is good enough to win the league by itself if Leverkusen divert back to the mean.
Worst case they're just burning through another manager in a season and sack him next year, it's not like it'll plug a massive financial hole in their planning.

Overall, their bigger issues are Hoeneß, the board and their long-term planning with the squad which has lost quite a bit of quality over the last decade.

Edit: Bigger question is if Bellamy is coming as well, him being assistant manger at Bayern would be way funnier.

Ive bet my 10 year old €10 that Kompany wont be manager at the start of the season after next.

Ive bet my 10 year old €10 that Kompany wont be manager at the start of the season after next.
Rummenigge said that they asked Pep Guardiola about Kompany before offering him the job. As far i remember City did the same before appointing Manuel Pellegrini and Pep eventually went there so..hmm is Pep setting up a return to Bayern?!

Is this possibly the biggest jump up from a manager in history?

Veteran Ancelotti was at Bayern and that didn't quite work out well. Perhaps Kompany and the Bayern squad will have good chemistry that enables everyone to perform at their best.

Point being that sometimes chemistry with the team might matter more than your tactical knowledge.

I actually think he'll do well there. There's far too much talent in that Bayern side, contrasted to the rest of the league for him to fail spectacularly. And for whatever reason I have a feeling Leverkusen will have a mini collapse next season.

I keep waiting for the punchline.

It's Kane I feel sorry for, he thought he was going to one of the best run, most stable, most nailed on the for a couple of trophies clubs in Europe.

He should have just pushed harder to come to us, at least he'd have an FA Cup medal now.

It's Kane I feel sorry for, he thought he was going to one of the best run, most stable, most nailed on the for a couple of trophies clubs in Europe.

He should have just pushed harder to come to us, at least he'd have an FA Cup medal now.
It's like there's a global conspiracy to make sure Kane never wins anything.

He'll go to City next summer and they'll then immediately appoint Carlos Tevez to take over from Pep.

I actually think he'll do well there. There's far too much talent in that Bayern side, contrasted to the rest of the league for him to fail spectacularly. And for whatever reason I have a feeling Leverkusen will have a mini collapse next season.
Not winning the league would be a failure. Leverkusen and especially Stuttgart are likely to drop a bit compared to this season, but Leipzig and Dortmund might bounce back. As of now I think it's absolutely possible that Kompany won't deliver as the club hopes.

They should have named Harry Kane as player-manager. Save some money, too!

Kobbie Mainoo has now won more trophies than Harry Kane.

It's like there's a global conspiracy to make sure Kane never wins anything.

He'll go to City next summer and they'll then immediately appoint Carlos Tevez to take over from Pep.

Or more likely be relegated to league 2.

Although at least he'd be odds on to get the league 2 winning trophy.

He had 5 PL wins with Burnley this season on their way to a 19th-place relegation - Sheffiel Utd x 2, Luton, Brentford, Fulham.

This is like Madrid making us a 100m offer for Antony.

Surely Ole to us was even bigger, at least Kompany managed in the EPL.

Maresca’s also going to Chelsea which seems like an equally big jump up.
I disagree. Lampard from derby to Chelsea was probably bigger than Ole to us. But Burnley to Bayern… a relegated team to one of Europe’s Giant teams.

Rummenigge said that they asked Pep Guardiola about Kompany before offering him the job. As far i remember City did the same before appointing Manuel Pellegrini and Pep eventually went there so..hmm is Pep setting up a return to Bayern?!

Yeah possibly.

They should have named Harry Kane as player-manager. Save some money, too!

The funny thing is that trophies count double if you win them as player-manager, as you receive two winning medals, both as a player and as a manager. Would be nice for trophy-starved Kane.

Still funny to see an East Frisian as CEO of Bayern München. It's probably impossible to find a bigger cultural difference inside Germany than that.

I actually think that Kompany is going to do a very good job at Bayern

I actually think that Kompany is going to do a very good job at Bayern

I don't think he'll get shown up and might take some credit, even if he falls below their standards. It's a very big jump at this stage in his career, but he's shown he can coach a team well in possession football. Nobody expected Burnley to stay up and they didn't have the team for it, so he can only be blamed for not performing miracles there. But with better players, I think he'll at least do OK. I don't think he'll bomb like people are expecting, I think it's more likely that he surprises everyone. It'll be an interesting one to follow.