Villarreal - Manchester United | EL Final Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiagoal

I see there are a lot of people bricking themselves over the final. They are currently 5th playing in a very poor La Liga this season- one point clear of a side we demolished in an earlier round! On their day, of course they could produce an upset- but 9 times out of 10 I’d put money on us winning!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Nothing like a moral lifting win against Real Madrid before a Cup final eh :nervous:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Important we don't do our usual go down 1-0 in this game. Look like they're shutting up shop here.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Back 3 for Villareal against Madrid look pretty slow

First bit of football sees Benzema Score. Upto now Real lumping the ball to one up front which Albiol was lapping up

GwilDor

Current scores has Villareal qualifying for the Conference League. Winning against Madrid won’t help as long as Sociedad and Betis win their matches.

GwilDor

Modric scored a winner for Madrid. Good for us i’d say, that they were unable to hold on to the lead. Should weaken their belief if they were to get ahead against us.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
We lost Maguire, they lost Chikweze. Fair.

Really should beat them, they're nothing special.

laughtersassassin

Madrid just bet them. Honestly we are/should be better than Madrid so no excuses for us.

Didn't see anything from Villareal to have me worried. Other than us just bottling it.

Honestly don't think Villareal is the best team of those we played in the Europa League.

cyberman

Madrid just bet them. Honestly we are/should be better than Madrid so no excuses for us.

Didn't see anything from Villareal to have me worried. Other than us just bottling it.

Honestly don't think Villareal is the best team of those we played in the Europa League.
Villareal were shit. Hadn't a clue how to play a through ball and if they broke into a jog it was by accident.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Every fecking time I see the pre-match thread being full of 'we'll batter them', we lose.

el3mel

I didn't watch their match today, watched the Atletico game, but are people really thinking they'll play the same against us like today ?

They'll have a lot more to fight for, no question.

It's not an easy game no matter what.

Last edited:

always_hoping

Does that mean they are out of Europe unless the horirble happens on Wednesday?
No Europa league for them next season if they lose on Wednesday so from a United point of view it may have been better if they held on for the win today. Finished the La Liga season in 7th, in 2016 Sevilla under Emery finished the La Liga season in 7th and ended up beating Klopps Liverpool in the Europa league final 3-1.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No Europa league for them next season if they lose on Wednesday so from a United point of view it may have been better if they held on for the win today. Finished the La Liga season in 7th, in 2016 Sevilla under Emery finished the La Liga season in 7th and ended up beating Klopps Liverpool in the Europa league final 3-1.
fanfeckingtastic

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He is their only creative and dynamic outlet. Maguire is the glue that holds our defence, Chukweze, their attack.
Maguire is basically our top 3 or 4 most important player in the team as no one in our team offer better than him in overall as defender and ball playing centre back.

Chukweze only had 13 games as starter in La Liga this season and 15x from the bench. There are at least 6 players offer more than him in xA (expected assist) which a fair assessment to view his creativity outlet and and 4 players in that list with better xA per 90 minutes. Villareal losing him is not equivalent to us losing Maguire. Maguire is regular week in week out player.

U99ted

Yes, Klopp's 8th placed Liverpool.

The last time Emery got to a Europa League final, his team had more on the line than their opponents.

The result- his team got slapped 4-1.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They won't be starting Bacca on Wednesday that's for sure. :lol:

redmanx

I see there are a lot of people bricking themselves over the final. They are currently 5th playing in a very poor La Liga this season- one point clear of a side we demolished in an earlier round! On their day, of course they could produce an upset- but 9 times out of 10 I’d put money on us winning!
I agree, like every other team outide of Real, Atletico and Barcelona, Villarreal basically make up the numbers, they finished 7th in La Liga this season. They are no better than a bottom 6 club from the PL and we should beat them; if we dont it will be a huge jolt to our hopes and progress.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They seemed like they went for against RM tonight.
If that was a warm up it was either great or a bit reckless

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't even rate Manchester United that much but think they should win 3-0 or 3-1 against Villarreal.

Red00012

Back 3 for Villareal against Madrid look pretty slow

First bit of football sees Benzema Score. Upto now Real lumping the ball to one up front which Albiol was lapping up
Raul Albiol is 35 , he will surely be targeted

Marcus

Not going to be easy. Need to fight and suffer to win this.

Thiagoal

Whilst were bottling it against relegated sides. :boring:
Or you could say we did the double over the Premier league champions and probable champions league winners. If you’re talking about our recent form then it’s not applicable as we’ve had no motivation to play well!

hubbuh

Or you could say we did the double over the Premier league champions and probable champions league winners. If you’re talking about our recent form then it’s not applicable as we’ve had no motivation to play well!
Ey? We didn't do the double over City this season, we drew nil nil with them at Old Trafford.

Andersons Dietician

I’m concerned that it seems like United have switched off. I wouldn’t be surprised if come the day we can’t find the switch to turn it back on. If it was me I would have wanted to carry on in the mindset that every game is a must win.

Iron

The last time when the spanish lost either Champions league or europa finals was when Michael Owen won Ballon d'Or. Let that sink in. Liverpool won 5-4 against alaves with a golden goal being spanish but own goal. Togheter with the super cups they have a total of 24 - 2 victory ratio since then. Only Milan of 2007 and Bayern last year managed to defeat the spanish.

Last edited:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I’m concerned that it seems like United have switched off. I wouldn’t be surprised if come the day we can’t find the switch to turn it back on. If it was me I would have wanted to carry on in the mindset that every game is a must win.
We just have to hope, that like Leicester who looked like they switched off in lead up to fa cup final but managed to turn up on the day
The last time when the spanish lost either Champions league or europa finals was when Michael Owen won Ballon d'Or. Let that sink in. Liverpool won 5-4 against alaves with a golden goal being spanish but own goal. Togheter with the super cups they have a total of 24 - 2 victory ratio since then. Only Milan of 2007 and Bayern last year managed to defeat the spanish.
:nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.