Villarreal - Manchester United | EL Final Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

Lots of unneccessary doom and gloom even before a ball is kicked. Man up and enjoy the final. It's not every year we can enjoy one. Let's trust the players to bring the trophy home

Red Royal

Would be a big gamble, but if Maguire is out may be worth trying McT at CB and Pogba in midfield. Wish we had tried that in an earlier game this season.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
Maguire missing will be a blow but make no mistake about it we go into the game as heavy favorites and rightly so. For all the organization and coaching of Villareal we are the ones with Pogba, Bruno, Rashford and Greenwood. I honestly couldn't name you anyone from their team apart from Torres and Bacca. Our squad is full of international quality and I believe the failures of last year should motivate the team. It will probably be nervy and decided by one goal but I'm going for 2-1 united.
We have had those players the last few games too and we still have slumped. I am praying we win but will not solely expect it after these last few results.

El Zoido

We have had those players the last few games too and we still have slumped. I am praying we win but will not solely expect it after these last few results.
This team has a real problem when they have nothing to play for, or when they think it’ll be an easier game. I’ve no doubt the application on the pitch will be different in this final. We’ve only really dropped off once CL football was secure.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I have zero idea if we are going to win this game or not. Based on the drop in form in the last games, I expect we will lose. But we can also win comfortably because we should be way better than Villa-fecking-rreal, even with injuries.

And therein lies the problem - we have no consistency. No way to tell when we will be great or utter shit.

It is frustrating and demoralizing, to be honest

laughtersassassin

This is why we need this trophy so bad. The days are ticking up slowly but surely.

And next year won't be easier than this one to get out hands on one considering the Fa Cup and Carling cup would be the only two we would be able to really compete for.

el3mel

This is why we need this trophy so bad. The days are ticking up slowly but surely.

And next year won't be easier than this one to get out hands on one considering the Fa Cup and Carling cup would be the only two we would be able to really compete for.
Well, we might drop to EL again, who knows. :D

yamo123x

Our players need to start on the front foot in a game like this, not allow the other team to dominate and get confidence we cannot afford to go a goal down in a game like this.
We need a 90 minute performance, the players have no excuse, they will all be rested and we cannot afford any passengers.

My line up

de gea

AWB Maguire Lindelof shaw

mctominay Pogba
bruno

greenwood cavani rashford

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
subs: VDB, Henderson, Martial, James, Bailly, Axel, Matic, Telles, Diallo

simplyared

A lot depends on Maguire's presence or non presence in this game. We've seen how the team has been performing whilst he's been sidelined and its not been encouraging tbf.
If he's not in the starting line-up then I'll feel uneasy.
Villa Real haven't been tearing up La Liga and are not even a top team in Spain any longer. However they have an experienced manager who has spent a couple of seasons with Arsenal in the PL.
With Maguire in the team we'll walk it. Without him could be a different story!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
A number of members on this thread are saying that this is an easy win.

Well my friends keep in mind that only a few Spanish teams are a walkover and also keep in mind that they have a centre forward named Moreno who has scored about 30 goals this season so our cb's must be placed on high alert.

Hephaestus

So they play Real on Saturday, does it mean anything to them? Haven't been following la Liga.
Yes, they are 7th so in the Conference League qualifying spot and 1 point behind 5th. So a win could get them a Europa League spot for next season (though obviously they could get a Champions League spot by beating us).

ShinjiNinja26

I’m feeling a lot more nervous about this final than I was back in 2017. It’s not just because we’re missing Maguire but it feels like there’s a lot more riding on this one, potentially our first bit of silverware in 4 years, Ole’s first trophy as manager, confirmation of clear signs of progress being made and also winning trophies attracts players even if it isn’t the biggest one out there because like I said before it shows them we’re heading in the right direction.

Will Singh

It’s our to lose, I can’t believe the negativity! Even if Maguire is out we still should be beating them. Calm down and enjoy the final it’s not like we get to finals every season so just enjoy.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
A big reason behind our recent form is that none of these games matter and the focus of the group will be on the final. Of course it's worrying that we've not won for a few games, but if we turn up and play well next week, then we will beat Villarreal.

We absolutely hammered Sociedad who are above them in the table and Villarreal looked nothing special against Arsenal, who should've gone through.

If we play to our potential and take our chances, then we'll win quite comfortably
Yeah, our first home game in over a year in front of the fans clearly doesn't matter.

United in sin

Would be a big gamble, but if Maguire is out may be worth trying McT at CB and Pogba in midfield. Wish we had tried that in an earlier game this season.
I'm sorry but you can't be serious. Why not just trust an actual CB? We have Tuanzebe. With all due respect McTominay is a poor defender even in a back three. Don't let his tame performances for Scotland in that shoehorned position at the back fool you

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With Jones, it's probably injured.
Had a look and there was an Ole interview in FEB saying how hard it was for Jonesy etc, having not played since the summer.
He's not played in the 3months since, so that's a full season missed. To go with 8 games the season before too.

2 more years on the deal. If they renew it, it'll be absolute insanity!

"Protect the value"

calmufc98

Might not be the best thread but anyone sorted their PCR tests yet? Few dodgy reviews on Biograd putting me off but listed on govt website so presume all good:confused:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Maguire walking without a boot is giving me big Zlatan in the pool vibes :lol:

Dan_F

Jones man. It’s honestly unbelievable he’s still here. We sold Jonny Evans instead of him.

Devil may care

With the Maguire situation looking bleak I wonder if Ole might opt for the back 5 like when we played PSG away.

choccy77

Our players need to start on the front foot in a game like this, not allow the other team to dominate and get confidence we cannot afford to go a goal down in a game like this.
We need a 90 minute performance, the players have no excuse, they will all be rested and we cannot afford any passengers.

My line up

de gea

AWB Maguire Lindelof shaw

mctominay Pogba
bruno

greenwood cavani rashford

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
subs: VDB, Henderson, Martial, James, Bailly, Axel, Matic, Telles, Diallo

Maguire wont be playing, seems weird choice of including an injured player who can't run even.

Shimo

Despite not being in a boot, Ole has said that he is very unlikely for the final, he is barely walking now and not close to running and ligament damage takes time to heal. Maguire has a lot of good qualities but, his speed is not one of them, even a 80% fit Maguire will be big liability considering Villareal will be playing on the counter attack most likely.

Start Bailly with Lindelof and drill it in them, this is the game of their lives - this will determine if they really have any future playing next season next to Maguire. As for AWB, same thing, not a momentary lapse on the back post or with his passing. As long as the defense doesn't cock it up, trust the attackers to do their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.