Villarreal - Manchester United | EL Final Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerano.

Put Hanibal Mejbri in the squad. Did more in 5 mins today, than Donny did all season.

cyberman

I was thinking the top seed for Cl group stage is worth feck all to us with all of the lower sides doing well in their leagues

PoTMS

I was thinking the top seed for Cl group stage is worth feck all to us with all of the lower sides doing well in their leagues
Pot 2 is stacked. Could end up being Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, PSG, Chelsea, Liverpool, Dortmund, Juventus. In comparison, Pot 1 is City, Atletico, Bayern, Internazionale, Lille, Sporting CP, Zenit.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's actually worse (for next seasons draw) winning it and being pot 1 then :lol:.

Let's just get it won which will be tough without Maguire.

monosierra

A big boost psychologically if we win this - the first trophy under OGS and an excellent springboard into the next season.

032Devil

They beat Arsenal who beat us so we shouldn't consider them an easy opponent.

RepardReece

TRAVELLING SQUAD

Goalkeepers:
David De Gea, Dean Henderson, Lee Grant, Nathan Bishop

Defenders: Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Alex Telles, Axel Tuanzebe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Brandon Williams

Midfielders: Amad, Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Daniel James, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba, Donny van de Beek

Forwards: Edinson Cavani, Anthony Elanga, Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford, Shola Shoretire

032Devil

TRAVELLING SQUAD

Goalkeepers:
Defenders: Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Alex Telles, Axel Tuanzebe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Brandon Williams
Midfielders: Amad, Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Daniel James, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba, Donny van de Beek
Forwards: Edinson Cavani, Anthony Elanga, Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford, Shola Shoretire
Moral support only.

Judas

Open to offers
He was on crutches on Sunday. Do you really think he'll play?
I just said I did! Ole loves a mind game, and Maguire is desperate to play. As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays, do I think he should? Logically speaking no. But then Rashford has played all season and looked half fit, so...

TheReligion

Abusive
TRAVELLING SQUAD

Goalkeepers:

@MyOnlySolskjaer

TheReligion

Abusive
If Maguire plays and costs us, then there will be fecking hell to raise. I don’t care how much of a “warrior” he is or how bad he wants to be out there, playing injured players in the hopes of some storyline is delusional and unacceptable
And if he plays and wins us the game? Or isn't that a possibility

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
And if he plays and wins us the game? Or isn't that a possibility
He’s only playing if he can: run,jump, head, tackle,sprint etc.
And unless there has been some really good bluffing behind the scenes, he’s only going because he’s still captain and a good personality to have around the team.

We did the same with Zlatan 4 years ago.

BFernandes

Maguire is in the squad because as Ole has already said, he'll be giving him every opportunity to make it, upto and including the last training session on Tuesday.

TheReligion

Abusive
He’s only playing if he can: run,jump, head, tackle,sprint etc.
And unless there has been some really good bluffing behind the scenes, he’s only going because he’s still captain and a good personality to have around the team.

We did the same with Zlatan 4 years ago.
He can still go though and not be named in the squad..

laughtersassassin

This is a must win. It will cement our progress if we do.
Similarly lose and it will be a big set back.

Need the trophy monkey off of our back badly.

It's about the best final you could ask for in terms of how winnable it is. Short of getting a Cityesesque domestic final against a lower league side we most probably won't have a better chance next season.

This is a big moment and this summer is a big summer. Could easily be what makes or breaks this team long term

TheReligion

Abusive
Nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong.
I just think suggesting he's been named in the squad for moral support is plain wrong.

He can give moral support by not being named in the squad and just traveling with the lads. He's been named as the club must suspect he may make the game. It's simple. He obviously might not but there's clearly a chance.

Withnail

The last time when the spanish lost either Champions league or europa finals was when Michael Owen won Ballon d'Or. Let that sink in. Liverpool won 5-4 against alaves with a golden goal being spanish but own goal. Togheter with the super cups they have a total of 24 - 2 victory ratio since then. Only Milan of 2007 and Bayern last year managed to defeat the spanish.
Completely meaningless historical statistics. We're the better side.

TheReligion

Abusive
Jokes aside, I really hope you're right. Excited to see this and surely means he's somewhat fit.
Yeah me too mate. Would feel much better with him in that back 4.

That said we need to win. If it means doing so without Harry and him getting in his full kit to lift the trophy like that wanker John Terry I'll take it.

SAFMUTD

@SAFMUTD try telling that man winning doesn't mean anything.

Dare you!
He threw away the tournament the only time when we played it under him, that's how much he valued it. No matter what he says now it's clear he thought this was a second string tournament, which it is.

TheReligion

Abusive
He threw away the tournament the only time when we played it under him, that's how much he valued it. No matter what he says now it's clear he thought this was a second string tournament, which it is.
Why are you bothering watching it then or posting about it?

Let us fans who are interested in the trophy and want to win it enjoy the build up please and leave us alone. Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.