Victor Lindelof (Out)

I think it’ll be a take whatever fee we can get. He’s effectively sixth choice now.

De Ligt, Martinez, Yoro, Maguire, Evans, Lindelof.

I imagine that’s the pecking order.

€10m + €3-5m in add ons and we deal. He’s 30 and has no book value, also far down the pecking order, just get it done so we can sort out a left back back up.

Would be excellent to get rid of him. He's been a dreadful defender. Never had confidence in him

Reckon it’ll be less than €10m. At least the wages and squad space will be available

Will be more like €6m - what kind of barganing position we in?

Just need to offload, release the salary and bank a little of remaining contract value.

€10m + €3-5m in add ons and we deal. He’s 30 and has no book value, also far down the pecking order, just get it done so we can sort out a left back back up.
No one is paying us that much for him, if we manage to get such a deal for him then I'd declare all the structural issues at United solved and we are now at Best in Class level.

I'd love to know how he's managed to last 7 years at Utd.

Take whatever you can get and send him flat packed to whoever wants to try and make a player out of him.

No one is paying us that much for him, if we manage to get such a deal for him then I'd declare all the structural issues at United solved and we are now at Best in Class level.
They charged us the same amount just to loan Amrabat for a season, it’s only fair.

And as much as Lindelof isn’t of the required standard for us going forward, he has still had nearly 200 appearances for Utd. £8m base and £10m all in isn’t outrageous for that CV.

I’m not just saying this to stick the knife in on a player who has probably done his best but wasn’t good enough

But I’d be stunned if we got near £10m for him. I assumed more the £2m-£5m range with his ability combined with his horrible injury record in the last couple of seasons

If we can get £8m for him which I know is optimistic, that could be the difference in signing Ugarte.

Not feeling too optimistic about our ability to shift any other players. A new midfielder is a must regardless of outgoings.

Heard links to both Fiorentina and Frankfurt. Would be great if we can get close to 10m plus his wages off the books.

3 or 4m and we have to pay 90% of that to make up his wages.

Take £5m and run.
I'd be very happy with £5m. It's £5m more towards Ugarte, manage to offload Hannibal, Eriksen, McTominay and Sancho then we might squeeze in another CM signing, which would be a 10/10 summer for me.

We may even get Rabiot on a free and another CM along with Ugarte, we could offer Rabiot the wages Sancho earns, that would be a dream.

Pfft he's probably fine, it's just a facade. Doesn't want to leave and will just spend the season hobbling around so he can stay.

Heard links to both Fiorentina and Frankfurt. Would be great if we can get close to 10m plus his wages off the books.
I’d be amazed if we got anything north of 5. What did we get for Eric Bailly, 2m? People just don’t want injury prone centre backs on big wages.

Honestly, except for the financial part of it, I won't mind if he stays or leaves. We had many caustic or leechy presence in the dressing room leave over the last two years that I feel if Lindelof and Maguire are our "must get rid" players, then we've reached a good place. Sancho is probably the only one remaining who we should get rid off asap, IMHO.

I mean he’s better than Evans who started last week and came on yesterday? For at least the next 3 months we have 2 fit fullbacks and 4 CBs including Evans - who would be third choice when Martinez plays at LB. So basically we’re two injuries away from Jonny Evans being first choice centre back again should Lindelof leave…which considering the recent injury records of Maguire/De Ligt/Martinez and Mazroui seems very likely to happen - so why is everyone here gagging for him to leave? Unless we bring in another CB to replace him he shouldn’t be going anywhere.

Thanks for the occasional through ball to Rashford, but it’s time to go.

I mean he’s better than Evans who started last week and came on yesterday? For at least the next 3 months we have 2 fit fullbacks and 4 CBs including Evans - who would be third choice when Martinez plays at LB. So basically we’re two injuries away from Jonny Evans being first choice centre back again should Lindelof leave…which considering the recent injury records of Maguire/De Ligt/Martinez and Mazroui seems very likely to happen - so why is everyone here gagging for him to leave? Unless we bring in another CB to replace him he shouldn’t be going anywhere.
He’s not better than Evans. Evans at the age of 36 had a better season than Lindelof ever has at United. Evans is a better defender and a better leader, exactly what we need in a squad with young defenders.

I think budget is the main reason the club needs to shift around 5-6 players.

He’s not better than Evans

Absolutely not a better defender than Evans in any aspect.

Absolutely not a better defender than Evans in any aspect.
Except he is better than Evans. Obviously. That’s why he played ahead of him when fit last season. That’s why if we didn’t offer Evans a contract he’s already admitted he would have retired. Lindelof has been linked with numerous clubs playing European football. Not sure when everyone decided to have a Lindelof vendetta but it’s just plain weird. He isn’t a front-foot defender and doesn’t suit where we want to go but to pretend Evans is better is crazy - then again most on this forum were adamant Evans was better than Maguire last season too when they wanted him booted out - seems the latest scapegoat has been identified now what with Maguire proving he’s actually fecking quite good - who knew.

Ffs. Has he been talking to Phil Jones.

This is the only club where you don’t win major trophies and players just refuse to leave.

Except he is better than Evans. Obviously. That’s why he played ahead of him when fit last season. That’s why if we didn’t offer Evans a contract he’s already admitted he would have retired. Lindelof has been linked with numerous clubs playing European football. Not sure when everyone decided to have a Lindelof vendetta but it’s just plain weird. He isn’t a front-foot defender and doesn’t suit where we want to go but to pretend Evans is better is crazy - then again most on this forum were adamant Evans was better than Maguire last season too when they wanted him booted out - seems the latest scapegoat has been identified now what with Maguire proving he’s actually fecking quite good - who knew.
As defenders, the only thing Lindelof has on Evans is age.
Evans is a better tackler, he’s a better header, he’s a better leader, his positioning is better. These are all fairly obvious to the eye

He isn't. Never has been.

Evans is miles the better player than Lindelof. Even at 36 years of age.

He positional sense is miles better.