US Politics

Like it matters. Trump has endorsed Rubio, Cruz and many others who he mocked and was mocked by and they are all pals now. They are all grifters
People who were all Republican from the beginning and willing to kiss the ring. Can’t see that happening for Fetterman. And as much as prople don’t like him, there is still a place for him in the Democratic Party as a “centrist” or whatever you want to call it.

People who were all Republican from the beginning and willing to kiss the ring. Can’t see that happening for Fetterman. And as much as prople don’t like him, there is still a place for him in the Democratic Party as a “centrist” or whatever you want to call it.

I am not saying that it will flip but him criticizing the R and the R criticizing him would not be an impediment for people without spine. He showed that he has none after proclaiming left and right that he was part of a progressive movement and now denies it

So yeah, the D might be useful for him and viceversa and continue as it is, but if he believes that he has a better chance to go to the R party, it will not be a problem for him and R party

for those outside academia it may not seem such a big deal, but tenure is supposed to be inviolable. tenured professors have, for years, been able to talk about the inferiority of races and other things without getting fired.
of course, being against israel is a different thing. usually pro-palestine professors were dealt with at the tenure stage itself, by denying them promotion (for example, norm finkelstein and steve salaita). this method is newer and more audacious. the most likely outcome is a multi-million dollar settlement in her favour, but literally millions of dollars are less important to the university than maintaining the correct line on israel.

Edit- for an example of what is protected by tenure

Last edited:
I wondered what the Turkish angle was with Eric Adams. He pressured a NYC official to go along with opening a skyscraper building (Turkish consular) without a fire inspection.

the whole thing is hilarious, the most explicit and enthusiastic acceptance of bribes ever.

though there's one that i don't think will make it to the FBI indictment.

It's interesting this is happening while Chenjerai Kumanyika (who some may know from a couple of seasons of Scene on Radio) is releasing his podcast series on the origins of the NYPD.

Fascinating to see the kind of dialogue they have. An Adams staffer talks with an Airline manager how to make it seem like Adams is quoted a "real" price for tickets because "his every step is being watched so we don't want this to look like he's flying for free". Knowing they're being watched, they continue the grift.

for those outside academia it may not seem such a big deal, but tenure is supposed to be inviolable. tenured professors have, for years, been able to talk about the inferiority of races and other things without getting fired.
of course, being against israel is a different thing. usually pro-palestine professors were dealt with at the tenure stage itself, by denying them promotion (for example, norm finkelstein and steve salaita). this method is newer and more audacious. the most likely outcome is a multi-million dollar settlement in her favour, but literally millions of dollars are less important to the university than maintaining the correct line on israel.

not related to tenure, but definitely related to israel:

New York made a mistake with Adams, and that was obvious from the beginning.

I was in NYC recently. This city is just in a bad shape, and it of course not just his fault. I have no plans to spend a day or penny there anytime soon.