US Politics

Yep. Voter registration in NC is just faster than county-by-county property tax searches.

Sometimes property tax searches are useful. I am horrible remembering names, so they were great when we moved to NC and forgot my neighbors name:D

Give this a listen.

https://www.sceneonradio.org/the-land-that-never-has-been-yet/

Over the past few years, the survival of the United States as a democratic republic has become a topic of national conversation—Trumpian authoritarianism; voter suppression and gerrymandering; concerns about foreign intervention, election security, and the role of money in politics.

Our twelve-part Season 4 series on democracy touches on those concerns but goes much deeper, effectively retelling the story of the United States from its beginnings up to the present as we complicate, maybe upend, our listeners’ understanding of American history. Our series title, The Land That Never Has Been Yet, is borrowed from the Langston Hughes poem, “Let America Be America Again.”

They re-broadcasted ep 8 after Jan 6, with some extra comments, if you ever get there.

https://www.sceneonradio.org/rebroadcast-s4-e8-the-second-redemption/
Finally finished season 4. I tend to agree with Dr Kumanikya, things don’t look good. And 47% voting for drumfp in 2020 is insane.

Toomy amendment tanks for PACT Act, next up is Senator QVC from TN's amendment to privatize the VA. They really are pieces of shit.

Voting now on PACT act. My guess this gets 70-80 votes to pass. The GOP badly misjudged the public...again....and will pay the price for this even with Fox blatantly lying over and over again to try and cover them.

Edit: fecking Cruz, Hawley, and Cotton all voted for for it. Douchbags.

Huge victory for pro-choice Kansans, and it should be a huge warning sign for Republicans that they can't even win in Kansas during a primary.

Huge victory for pro-choice Kansans, and it should be a huge warning sign for Republicans that they can't even win in Kansas during a primary.

This should be a big flashing warning, but it won’t. Thankfully.

How this moron beat Russ Feingold (twice) is beyond me.
Just about my only regret in leaving WI is I will not get to be part of kicking this absolute fecking douchebag out of the Senate. Hopefully I can be part of kicking Burr out of the NC Senate seat but not that hopeful.

edit: Burr is retiring but his GOP replacement is Budd. Can't make this shit up.

Who's that TWAT from Arizona?
Who's that money-grabbing whore?
Kyrsten Sinema is her name,
And she hasn't got a brain,
And she won't be winning votes anymore.

She is the Carlos Tevez of American politics.
She obviously is very smart to take full advantage of her situation.

What advantage though? She is hated by Democrats after everything she did and hated by Republicans for just who she is. The barbarians are at the gates for her.
She is getting loads of money from donations on both sides. She mingles with the elite. Why would she care what a commoner thinks of her.

Last edited:
She'll care if she gets voted out. Senate is a long-term grift, the best ones milk it for many decades.
This. Her seat is set for reelection in 2024, and you can bet anything that the DNC will be pushing to primary her and then kick her ass out.

She is the Democrats' equivalent of David Purdue as a crook.

Just about my only regret in leaving WI is I will not get to be part of kicking this absolute fecking douchebag out of the Senate. Hopefully I can be part of kicking Burr out of the NC Senate seat but not that hopeful.

edit: Burr is retiring but his GOP replacement is Budd. Can't make this shit up.

I take it there is a Culver's where you are now then?

I take it there is a Culver's where you are now then?
I grew up in In and Out land, so any other regional burger joint will always be a runner up.
That being said, Culver’s is decent and yes there is one in the area. There are also a bunch of brewpubs with fantastic local beer burgers. And beer.

If the Dems head any balls ( :lol: ) they would immediately submit the insulin cap as a separate bill. But they won’t.

Also, this bitch needs to get the feck out.

She obviously is very smart to take full advantage of her situation.

FZkg-Jg-XVUAAZh-Kj.jpg

That is why I'm going as far as to adapt the anti-Carlos Tevez song on her. One has to be a very vile creature to deserve such, and she is one. She may have got this vote right this time, but that does not absolve her from the other shenanigans she was involved in.