U19s: Mladen Ramljak Memorial Tournament (1-4 August)

Instant impact from Thwaites. Bendito Mantato once again does what he does on the wing and cuts it back to Thwaites who goes for the far corner. Another deflection but a well-deserved equaliser.

Would like to see Douka Nkoto on the left wing. We’re missing threat from that side as Baumann hasn’t really impressed and even Kamason is playing on his weaker side.

51’

United having some fun on the right side of the attacking third. In the end it’s Biancheri who finds Fitzgerald in a good spot close to the goal, but the midfielder’s effort is saved by the keeper. Very good chance to take the lead there.

Would like to see Douka Nkoto on the left wing. We’re missing threat from that side as Baumann hasn’t really impressed and even Kamason is playing on his weaker side.
Yeah, from what you said at the start, it sounded an unusual left side of Kamason and Baumann.

Glad we got the equaliser so soon after the restart.

Dinamo have some dangerous players in the front but overall we’ve dominated the game ever since the 1-0 goal.

62’

Thwaites with a decent effort just outside the box with his left foot but it goes over the bar.

Yeah, from what you said at the start, it sounded an unusual left side of Kamason and Baumann.

Glad we got the equaliser so soon after the restart.

The problem is that Kukonki has been underwhelming in this tournament and Plunkett is still coming back from an injury. Lusale hasn’t got his clearance yet either. So not too many options available for those positions.

The problem is that Kukonki has been underwhelming in this tournament and Plunkett is still coming back from an injury. Lusale hasn’t got his clearance yet either. So not too many options available for those positions.
Yeah, that's understandable enough.

Haven't yet seen either, but Plunkett and Lusale sound a strong first choice left side when available.

74’

Čutuk looking for his sixth goal of the competition but Harrison saves if comfortably.

Harrison

McAllister
Mills
Armer

Kamason
Devaney
Fitzgerald
Kukonki

Thwaites

Biancheri
Bradbury

I very rarely say this but we deserve more from this game.
Story of the last 12 hours, having watched the United - Liverpool friendly and wondered how the hell we lost that first half 2-0!

Disappointing if we lose, but sounds like a positive performance.

Disappointing end to the tournament, but sounds like it's been a positive experience for them.

Thanks very much for the updates - meant we were all able to follow the matches very well even without seeing them. :+1:

Based on the 50% of the matches I was able to watch, I'd say Devaney, Biancheri, Armer and Mantato were our best players. Fitzgerald and McAllister were very good in the final and Tyler Fletcher impressed after being out for so long.

I'm excited by Fitzgerald ahead of the new season. He looks sharp after coming back from the long injury.

Based on the 50% of the matches I was able to watch, I'd say Devaney, Biancheri, Armer and Mantato were our best players. Fitzgerald and McAllister were very good in the final and Tyler Fletcher impressed after being out for so long.
Devaney's come on leaps and bounds since January, he's had a great 2024.

I know that at least @Mr. MUJAC seems to be interested in squad numbers so here they are. Might help someone when watching the final too.

1 Harrison
2 Kamason
3 Kukonki
4 McAllister
5 Armer
6 Devaney
7 Mantato
8 T.Fletcher
9 Biancheri
10 Fitzgerald
11 Baumann
12 Mills
13 Heath
14 Thwaites
15 Kaba
16 B.Nkoto
17 D.Nkoto
18 Bradbury

Many thanks!

Its going to be really competitive in the midfield area if all the players stay fit and firing this season. I’m looking forward to seeing who can add to their game and separate themselves as the level is pretty similar for me.

I can see there being a lot of rotation between both youth teams with all the cups games we have too. Wonder if we will get any surprises loan wise though, maybe at Christmas.