U19s: Mladen Ramljak Memorial Tournament (1-4 August)

26’

The Austrian side counter quickly after we lose the ball, shot outside the box goes a couple of meters over the bar.

32’

Another big mistake from Harrison and it’s 1-0 for Rapid.

The goalkeeper lets a slow ball through his legs and their striker gets an easy tap-in. Still work to do with his concentration.

Not many clearcut chances for either team. A lot of fouls in the middle of the pitch so it’s been a bit off a stop-start battle so far.

Their best attacks have come from switching the ball to the other side with long passes. Some very good ones too, two of their best opportunities, including the goal came from that type of a counter-attack.

Last edited:
HT 0-1

Fletcher, Mantato and Armer have all been decent, Devaney the best player on the pitch so far.

43’

Biancheri wins the ball in the middle of the pitch and tries to lob the keeper. Fails to get it on target, clever idea anyway.

Thanks for the updates. I'm following them. I came close to buying it as kick off approached but resisted the temptation.

Shame Harrison's having a difficult half. As you say, still work to do with his concentration. His kind of proactive keeping will always result in some errors, but some are more avoidable than others and the concentration ones less acceptable.

Hopefully we'll get at least the draw we need to reach the final.

Thanks for the updates. I'm following them. I came close to buying it as kick off approached but resisted the temptation.

Shame Harrison's having a difficult half. As you say, still work to do with his concentration. His kind of proactive keeping will always result in some errors, but some are more avoidable than others and the concentration ones less acceptable.

Hopefully we'll get at least the draw we need to reach the final.

Nice to know I’m not just talking to myself here. Hopeful that tomorrow’s match is on Dinamo+, I think that’s just €2 (a month subscription).

Last edited:
McAllister looks a bit off the pace. Was the same with Kukonki who looked a bit sloppy and one could even say lazy.

50’

Fitzgerald replaces McAllister who actually had a knock in the first half. Devaney moves to RB.

53’

Penalty to United. Biancheri tripped as he went for a rebound. Good play down the right from Mantato after a quick free kick.

Baumann has also struggled to make an impact. Finding it hard to get on the ball and has lost it a few times he has managed to do that.

56’

Penalty shouts from Rapid as Devaney uses his body well to deny their striker to get on the ball in front of Harrison.

Has been said many times before on this forum but it’s lovely to see how strong Biancheri is when holding the ball.

Great news about the equaliser.

Yes, he's an interesting player, Biancheri. I'm not sure about his ceiling but definitely has some good attributes with his mobility up top combined with surprising strength meaning he can hold it up as well. And chips in with a solid amount of goals.

64’

Bradbury and Douka Nkoto coming on after the drinks break. Biancheri and Thwaites off.

64’

Bradbury and Douka Nkoto coming on after the drinks break. Biancheri and Thwaites off.
Is Bradbury a striker? If so, highly rated?

Douka Nkoto should be 13/14 right? Crazy that he's playing in an u19's competition.

Sloppy play from Fitzgerald and it’s almost 1-2 after a quick counter. Finish wide of the far post.

Harrison makes a good near post save a minute later.

Douka Nkoto should be 13/14 right? Crazy that he's playing in an u19's competition.

Yes. Too early to tell. Think he scored over 40 goals last season but that doesn’t necessarily mean that much, although it’s an impressive number. Hope we get to see him more in the U18s this season.

Yeah I think they haven’t turned 14 yet.

Bradbury is a striker, yeah. I think he's been quite a good scorer at youth levels - but many have been!

In the few games I've seen of him so far, he's reminded me of players like Manni Norkett: a solid, hard working #9 who gets in positions enough to be a good scorer at these levels; but with no real top quality attribute like pace or height physically, or technical ones like footwork or finishing, so could struggle to be threatening as they progress through the levels.

Though that's based on limited views and, as @top1whoisman says, it's still early in his career to tell.

Bradbury is a striker, yeah. I think he's been quite a good scorer at youth levels - but many have been!

In the few games I've seen of him so far, he's reminded me of players like Manni Norkett: a solid, hard working #9 who gets in positions enough to be a good scorer at these levels; but with no real top quality attribute like pace or height physically, or technical ones like footwork or finishing, so could struggle to be threatening as they progress through the levels.

Though that's based on limited views and, as @top1whoisman says, it's still early in his career to tell.

Norkett was a physical monster though, from an early age. Loved watching him play. 100km/h for 90 minutes :lol:

So it’s:

Harrison

Devaney
Mills
Armer
Kamason

Fitzgerald
Fletcher
B.Nkoto

Kaba
D.Nkoto

Bradbury

Cheers! @Bertie Wooster @top1whoisman

Norkett was a physical monster though, from an early age. Loved watching him play. 100km/h for 90 minutes :lol:
He did work really hard up front and put himself about all game. And I remember in his final season with us he seemed to have filled out more and put on a bit of pace, and looked a bit more threatening because of it.

We’re in the final! For the second consecutive year.

FT 1-1 (Biancheri pen)

We’ll face either the hosts Dinamo or Juventus tomorrow (10:30 BST). They’ll play their ”semi-final” later today. We'll have an extra 8hrs to recover compared to the other potential finalists.

Devaney was brilliant. Good performances from Armer, Fletcher, Biancheri and Mantato too.

Last edited:
That's great.
Thanks for the updates. :+1:

(I feel like I'm breaking into an REM song!)

Sorry for the quality. The stream wasn’t the best and the phone isn’t the best and twitter isn’t the best for these.

Rapid 0-1

Biancheri 1-1

As far as I know the final as well as the 3/4 playoff tomorrow will be streamed on Dinamo+. I've purchased the 1-month subscription regardless as it was only €2. Think I might check the Dinamo vs Juventus game tonight too.

But it's very hard to find proper info on things regarding this tournament, so don't blame me if the matches are not broadcast in there after all.

If someone wants to try to look for some streams, the two matches tomorrow will also be shown live on Arena Sport (a Croatian sports channel). Think it's the Arena Sport 1 channel. Naturally no-one would do that as it's illegal :p

Last edited:
I know that at least @Mr. MUJAC seems to be interested in squad numbers so here they are. Might help someone when watching the final too.

1 Harrison
2 Kamason
3 Kukonki
4 McAllister
5 Armer
6 Devaney
7 Mantato
8 T.Fletcher
9 Biancheri
10 Fitzgerald
11 Baumann
12 Mills
13 Heath
14 Thwaites
15 Kaba
16 B.Nkoto
17 D.Nkoto
18 Bradbury

Watching the Dinamo-Juve game and having watched United this morning, I think it’s obvious playing three 80-minute games in three days takes its toll.

With that in mind it’s a bit surprising we haven’t rotated the starting XI more than we have.

All four teams looking a bit leggy. So the longer recovery time should definitely work in our favour tomorrow.

Dinamo doesn’t look as physically dominating as they tend to.

60’ 0-0

Last edited: