U19s: Mladen Ramljak Memorial Tournament (1-4 August)

Standings New

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
United will take part in the tournament again after losing the final against Feyenoord in 2023.

Group A
Dinamo 3 +8 9
Juventus 3 +1 6
Djurgården 3 -2 3
Panathinaikos 3 -7 0

Group B

United 3 +8 7
SK Rapid 3 +3 5
Udinese 3 -7 3
AS Trenčin 3 -4 1

Last edited:
Where will it be televised?

From Dinamo:

This Thursday, according to a long-standing tradition, a new edition of the Mladen Ramljak Memorial Tournament will be held in Maksimir.

The afternoon matches will be broadcast every day on Dinamo Plus and Arena Sport channels.

So if I’ve understood correctly, they only show Group A matches. Hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
United fixtures New
Fixtures:

Thu 1 Aug
08:30 BST | United 5-0 Udinese (Fitzgerald, Mantato, Biancheri, Thwaites, D.Nkoto)

Fri 2 Aug
10:15 BST | Trenčin 1-4 United (Biancheri x2, Fitzgerald, Thwaites)

Sat 3 Aug
08:30 BST | United 1-1 Rapid (Biancheri)

Sun 4 Aug
10:30 BST | Dinamo 3-2 United (Devaney, Thwaites)

Last edited:
Incredible

We’re a bit short on strikers as Wheatley is with the first team, it could take a while to get the clearance for Obi, so Biancheri will most likely feature for the U21s for now.

But it’s still impressive for all of them to get to the squad.

Pretty busy period for those three as presumably they’ll also go to Hong Kong with the U16s just a few days later.

Pretty busy period for those three as presumably they’ll also go to Hong Kong with the U16s just a few days later.

And some of them might even take part in the Otten Cup later in August. Will be interesting to see how they manage the workload and decide the traveling squad for each competition.

Saturday's fixture vs Rapid might be available to stream on Spiideo for €6. Trying to find some streams for the rest of the games.

It's another mess of a youth tournament in terms of trying to follow it. Not one answer to any emails or DMs. They don't even have a website.

Last edited:
United 4-0 up against Udinese after 73 minutes.

Edit: FT 5-0

Last edited:
United squad New
Recognized most of them, but I’m pretty sure @Gungerz could list them all. :D

Edit: I'll try my best.

Starting XI vs Udinese was:

Harrison
Kamason
McAllister (C)
Kukonki
Armer
Baumann
Devaney
T.Fletcher
Fitzgerald
Mantato
Biancheri

Subs: Heath, Mills, Thwaites, B.Nkoto, D.Nkoto, Bradbury, Kaba

Last edited:
Recognized most of them, but I’m pretty sure @Gungerz could list them all. :D

Edit: I'll try my best.

Starting XI vs Udinese was:

Harrison
Kamason
McAllister (C)
Kukonki
Armer?
Baumann
Devaney
T.Fletcher
Fitzgerald
Mantato
Biancheri

Subs: Byrne-Hughes, Mills?, Munro?, Thwaites, B.Nkoto, D.Nkoto, Bradbury

Starting XI is correct.

Fred Heath is far left back row, not Byrne-Hughes and Sekou Kaba is to Mantato’s right rather than Munro.

Starting XI is correct.

Fred Heath is far left back row, not Byrne-Hughes and Sekou Kaba is to Mantato’s right rather than Munro.

Was wondering whether that was Munro or Kaba. And I always seem to mix up the keepers. Thank you!

Good to see Fitzgerald is finally back though. Hopefully he can kick on and get himself in ETHs thinking the way J. Fletch has, I think he has the ability.

Pretty good. Atalanta's academy is always supposed to be pretty good

United lead Trenčin 4-1 after 53 minutes.

Rapid beat Udinese 4-1 in the other group game, so United and Rapid will decide the group winner tomorrow. A draw would be enough for us to get to the final second year in a row.

Stream available for tomorrow's game for €6.

I think it’s FT 4-1 for United.

Edit: Confirmed.

Last edited:
Thanks for these updates.

Having paid for a good few of the U16 games last week, to see some new(er) players to me, I don't think I'll pay for any of these while I know all the players already. But good to be able to see updates on the squad, line ups, and results.

It looks like it's going well so far.

Thanks for these updates.

Having paid for a good few of the U16 games last week, to see some new(er) players to me, I don't think I'll pay for any of these while I know all the players already. But good to be able to see updates on the squad, line ups, and results.

It looks like it's going well so far.

We should make it to the final, where Dinamo will probably be the big test in this tournament.

Similar situation in Group A where Dinamo and Juventus will decide the group winner in their head-to-head tomorrow. Both on full six points after two matches.

United XI vs SK Rapid:

Harrison

McAllister
Mills
Armer
Kukonki

Baumann
Devaney
T.Fletcher

Mantato
Thwaites

Biancheri

Last edited:
5’

Almost 1-0 for Rapid.

Harrison comes out for a loose ball and misses it completely. Their winger passes the ball towards the empty net but Mills slides in and clears the ball from the goal-line.

14’

First real chance for United. Mantato plays a nice pass to Biancheri, his finish inside the box with the left foot goes well wide.

United have most of the possession but Rapid are compact and defending well.